Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Hit-Scan Really Neccesery?

GeoDP

One thing I hate about the grineer is the hit-scan weapons they use with the combination of their Aim-bot AI,which is currently what we call "Difficulty"...

Do you think that a better AI and the removal of Hit-scan weapons all along (or remake) would be better for the game or not?

My opinion: YES!

Yours?

EDIT: Hit-scan removal will also include the weapons we use,thus affecting us aswell,no exception.

Edited by GeoDP

In my opinion only a few weapons should be hitscan, such as snipers, the Lex (Prime), and some other weapons. Weapons such as the Soma should have very fast speed on the projectiles but not completely hitscan. Changing weapons such as the Soma to not have hitscan projectiles would only have a detriment to the weapons at long range and generally not be noticed in normal missions.

I think Grineer weapons should have a faster projectile speed than Corpus, Tenno weapons faster than Grineer, and Prime weapons faster than all of them.

Of course some weapons should be hitscan such as snipers like weapons.

Edited by Rakshal

In my opinion only a few weapons should be hitscan, such as snipers, the Lex (Prime), and some other weapons. Weapons such as the Soma should have very fast speed on the projectiles but not completely hitscan. Changing weapons such as the Soma to not have hitscan projectiles would only have a detriment to the weapons at long range and generally not be noticed in normal missions.

I think Grineer weapons should have a faster projectile speed than Corpus, Tenno weapons faster than Grineer, and Prime weapons faster than all of them.

Of course some weapons should be hitscan such as snipers like weapons.

Hitscan snipers?

COD-1-logo.png

Keep moving.

Personally, some enemies should get hitscan, some shouldn't. Enemies should have some weaknesses and some strengths. Besides- the highest grineer I've ever fought were around lv. 150ish or 160 (this was aaaaaaaaaages ago), and they weren't really hitting me that often. Not enough to outright kill me. Slash damage and bombards were the only things keeping me capped.

Edited by Ordel

In regards to snipers as hitscan be careful how you state it, i think Bows should NOT be hitscan being on pure principle. We have projectile speed mods for a reason, DE should emphasis that and take a look at how the enemies work in higher levels.

For a game that doesnt want to nor will implement any cover mechanic we sure as hell seem to be doing that alot more, god forbid you actually attempt to parkour and roll, Grineer will still hit you no matter what.

Yes grineer have some serious aimbot sometimes. I have been clipped from across the map by a stray hind shot and with a loki its slash proc killed me... granted this was lvl 100 enemies. but to instantly walk past a wall and turn 90 degrees fire one burst and kill me (while coptering) from across the map... 

Not to mention that a dera does like 20 damage per shot has slow projectile speed and fires like 3 rounds a second... The grakata does 20 damage per shot, is hit scan and fires like 15 rounds a second... the corpus don't really have that many pricks... you get proced like once or twice during a round while fighting corpus. Flip that coin over to grineer ans everything that hits you procs you.... so many slash procs that you are constantly using lifestrike or health restores... bombards and hellions with their homing rockets that constantly knock you down even though you were 30 feet away from impact. Flamethrower dudes tat can completely miss you with their shot but because it lands 30 feet behind you you still take full damage and then what feels like 25 seconds of flame damage....

This is why i just ignore most grineer missions unless its something like a catalyst

I have more of an issue with the fact that the Lanka and Velocitus, both railguns, having a slower projectile speed than powder-cartridge pistol rounds. The entire point of railguns and coilguns being developed are for their incredibly high muzzle velocity, capable of exceeding Mach 10, which is far faster than what can be reasonably accomplished with powder cartridges. This would allow for much more destructive weapons with much more range. It would also eliminate the need for storing hazardous materials such as gunpowder or other explosives. Why DE decided to make something with a higher velocity than powder-cartridge firearms slower than them rustles my jimmies. Rant over.

Edited by Gyrard

Between taking cover, blocking and offsetting enemy aim with movement I think DE has provided enough options to warrant hit-scan. Plus I enjoy the different feel of using both hit-scan and flight time weapons.

I'm curious how Hind grineer would behave if their hit-scan accuracy was removed. On the player side Hind has a big inaccurate recoil spread but grineer seem to be deadly accurate with them. Maybe their auto-aim behavior would be the same. But I feel like the disparity between grineer aiming vs player aiming might influence the underpowered nature of the Hind in player hands. If Hind was buffed to be a stronger weapon perhaps it would turn phobos in nightmare land. But there are a lot of unknowns here.

It'd be nice to limit grineer hitscan weapons if only so Turbulence could be a better a power.

Edited by Ryjeon