Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris... Anyone Else Getting A Hircine Feeling Here?

SilverZs

Lord Hircine (may he be praised) has always been more about taking down challenging quarry than preserving them. It's all about the kill, not about letting them walk away after, in any state or form. 

Mora however, fits the bill a bit more. A much less sinister, manipulative Hermaeus Mora. 

You wanna know Hircine better? Play the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind. One of the best experiences I've ever had in my gaming life. 

Lord Hircine (may he be praised) has always been more about taking down challenging quarry than preserving them. It's all about the kill, not about letting them walk away after, in any state or form. 

Mora however, fits the bill a bit more. A much less sinister, manipulative Hermaeus Mora. 

You wanna know Hircine better? Play the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind. One of the best experiences I've ever had in my gaming life. 

Yea it was awesome, the whole game was amazing to me tbh

I don't need to play something again to know lol.

Most are forgetting the aspect of the Great hunt as well. Anything you kill in the name of Hircine (or marked by Hircine) becomes his property. Literally. The Hunting Grounds requires both HUNTERS and PREY. And in some cases the Hunters become the Prey. Such is the wile of the Lord of the Hunt.

Annnnnd you never die on a Daedric plain remember... you're stuck there for eternity.

Edited by SilverZs

Yea it was awesome, the whole game was amazing to me tbh

It was arguably better in story then both IV and V... I would love to see Morrowwind remade completely on Skyrim's (or better) engine, with the new combat and menu etc (and of course the UI and map lol).

But you definitely see threads and strings connecting a lot of characters in WF universe to ES universe.

Most are forgetting the aspect of the Great hunt as well. Anything you kill in the name of Hircine (or marked by Hircine) becomes his property. Literally. The Hunting Grounds requires both HUNTERS and PREY. And in some cases the Hunters become the Prey. Such is the wile of the Lord of the Hunt.

Annnnnd you never die on a Daedric plane remember... you're stuck there for eternity.

Huh, you're absolutely right. +1

I don't know, his voice bugs me though...i feel like i've heard it somewhere before.

The voice immediately reminded me of some of the secondary character Turians from Mass Effect or maybe AM from 'I have no mouth but I must scream'. Probably because of the way it's modulated or whatever. I'm no sound guy.

Edit: Freaky. Someone else thought of AM as well. 

Edited by Blatantfool

Baro Ki'teer is Clavicus Vile, Darvo is his faithful hound Barbas.

Lotus is Nocturnal.

Simaris is Hermaeus Mora  though, fits the bill, hungry for knowledge willing to do anything for it.

I... don't agree.

Simaris isn't out for knowledge. He doesn't want books, secrets etc... he wants PEOPLE,CREATURES, LIVING THINGS. 

This doesn't really fit Mora... at all. Sure we could argue the collection of all interested parties as a connection, but thats where it ends.

And the first three? I think you might need to actually play the ES games lol...

I... don't agree.

Simaris isn't out for knowledge. He doesn't want books, secrets etc... he wants PEOPLE,CREATURES, LIVING THINGS. 

This doesn't really fit Mora... at all. Sure we could argue the collection of all interested parties as a connection, but thats where it ends.

And the first three? I think you might need to actually play the ES games lol...

first two are obvious joke.

(As in Baro ki'teer never offers fair trade, Darvo actually does something instead of sitting on his laurels)

Nocturnal has her nightnigales, both serve more less to death. We might not have glorious shadowy afterlife but they we still serve person who shrouded in mystery.

I'm playing Elder Scrolls actually "lol".

Edited by Morgax

Nocturnal has her nightnigales, both serve more less to death. We might not have glorious shadowy afterlife but they we still serve person who shrouded in mystery.

It still doesn't apply. The first part about servants is a universal constant more or less to any supreme being/god/etc... The second part (were it true in the Lotus' case) WOULD be the implication that they are alike or similar. 

Not trying to be rude... but you... really don't know how to relate things.

It still doesn't apply. The first part about servants is a universal constant more or less to any supreme being/god/etc... The second part (were it true in the Lotus' case) WOULD be the implication that they are alike or similar. 

Not trying to be rude... but you... really don't know how to relate things.

And it seems i'm touching a nerve i'll leave it that, you don't have to agree with me it is fine by me eitherway.

I feel like Cephalon Suda is more Hermaeus Mora-ey than Cephalon Simaris. Thirst for knowledge and all that.

Cephalon Simaris is a lot like Molag bal. He wants us to kill and capture until beings exist only in his database. It fits Molag's sphere of dominion. Alad V fits the bill as well. Bending and twisting Warframes to his will, etc... 

Edited by Darkjackal_2031

And it seems i'm touching a nerve i'll leave it that, you don't have to agree with me it is fine by me eitherway.

You've touched no nerve, you're just grossly mislead. The way you've put it, Simaris is actually just like God (Christian religion)... because of the crusades. Or alternatively, Simaris is like Allah... because of jihadist. Its a fail point to make when you grab the absolute most common theme between Supreme beings/Gods and servants and say... Oh! They're alike! 

The conversation of this thread is to find the differentiating points/attributes and compare those to see if they are indeed alike. Not to draw lines between a consistent thing between virtually all other like Supreme beings/Gods. 

Edited by SilverZs

I feel like Cephalon Suda is more Hermaeus Mora-ey than Cephalon Simaris. Thirst for knowledge and all that.

Cephalon Simaris is a lot like Molag bal. He wants us to kill and capture until beings exist only in his database. It fits Molag's sphere of dominion. Alad V fits the bill as well. Bending and twisting Warframes to his will, etc... 

I see your comparison with Bal... but the means are very different and more aligned with Hircine. Molag is also the Daedric prince of Corruption... he likes to taint things, twist them, defile. Simaris (for what we've heard/seen) doesn't fit this bill, as he wants to create a 'pure' society where he is the God/Supreme Being. He wants us to headhunt, not corrupt Priests and make them evil and then enslave their soul :P.

It's Corypheus from Dragon Age Inquistion...this is where you have heard it perhaps.

Hmmm.... you know I did think that at first. (I'm working on my first mage playthrough, I've done 3 Rogues and 2 Warriors already)

What we do know is that... it is not the same voice actor lol.

DE doesn't outsource for V/O work, they do it internally. (Which I would love to come in studio to do, if ever offered the chance! I'm local! and free!)

I see your comparison with Bal... but the means are very different and more aligned with Hircine. Molag is also the Daedric prince of Corruption... he likes to taint things, twist them, defile. Simaris (for what we've heard/seen) doesn't fit this bill, as he wants to create a 'pure' society where he is the God/Supreme Being. He wants us to headhunt, not corrupt Priests and make them evil and then enslave their soul :P.

I see your point. Alad V is definitely more of a Bal than Simaris.