Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Frames

dandin3

well not much to say.. so i keep it short.
i think every prime frame need to get nice boost over is normal version. not just 25 armor or something not helpful like that.
energy for loki/nova was nice.
but a bit armor for ember and run speed for nyx/rhino... not talk about frost and mag they didn't get nothing.
it seems only fair

so what u guys thinking..

.and what if they get a big boost in ther powers.. like more duration or range? 

:D

I believe that prime frames weren't meant to have that much of a "boost" over their non-prime counterparts, for fairness and balance reasons. Most of the boosts are mainly aesthetic, there are some small exceptions of course however. 

No. All prime frames are meant to (and the older ones will be updated) to have stat boosts over their original counterparts to show their 'power'.

The small aesthetics just reinforce the idea.

I believe that prime frames weren't meant to have that much of a "boost" over their non-prime counterparts, for fairness and balance reasons. Most of the boosts are mainly aesthetic, there are some small exceptions of course however. 

That was the original intention, but things aren't going that way anymore.

Well, the main problem is that the devs arbitrarily and quite nonsensically choose which frame gets which bonus. This is just wrong and unfair. The players should be the ones choosing, because honestly, between the older Primes still waiting after a year, Nova Prime getting TWO bonus stats that actually give her a good survivability boost, negating her only weakness which was her squishiness, while Nyx Prime gets the most pointless, useless and illogical "bonus", screams unfair treatment and favoritism/bias on the devs' part. I understand we all have our favourites, devs included, but EQUAL treatment HAS to be applied here.

Let US choose which bonus stat we want to have for our Primes, and make sure EVERY Prime gets the EXACT same amount of bonus stats. That's the only way it'll work. Or simply ditch the bonus system entirely at that point...

Edited by Marthrym

I'm fine with the inherent +100% swag stat passive and I like that I can go back and play my non-primes without significant penalty, but if they got another buff I'd not complain about it.

ihavenostrongfeelingsonewayortheother.jpg

armor its isn't useless :{ look at valkyr.. no shield and she can never die

Yeah, but that's because Valkyr's armor rating is so high. No other frame really can come close to her's. And really, it has a lot more to do with Hysteria in her case.

I'd like it if the old Prime's got some better boosts. Energy is always useful, but I'd like it if there were other aspects tweaked more.

Speed for Frost would be amazing, and he could totally benefit from an armor boost (consider snow globe).

Ember could use a sheild recharge speed bonus (which I thought is what Excal P has?) and an energy efficiency bonus.

Mag should have an energy bonus and a health bonus.

I'd also like it if Nyx got an efficiency bonus.

Loki and Nova are probably the best boosted Primes, and Rhino's speed buff is also pretty significant.

I view them as cosmetics with the only real buff being found in energy generation in the Void.

If they offered anything significantly over that, without a serious re-tooling of the entire Prime system, I would make many complaints.

Given that the complaints would not have an effect, it would also mark the point where DE would no longer got a cent from me.

Yeah, but that's because Valkyr's armor rating is so high. No other frame really can come close to her's. And really, it has a lot more to do with Hysteria in her case.

I'd like it if the old Prime's got some better boosts. Energy is always useful, but I'd like it if there were other aspects tweaked more.

Speed for Frost would be amazing, and he could totally benefit from an armor boost (consider snow globe).

Ember could use a sheild recharge speed bonus (which I thought is what Excal P has?) and an energy efficiency bonus.

Mag should have an energy bonus and a health bonus.

I'd also like it if Nyx got an efficiency bonus.

Loki and Nova are probably the best boosted Primes, and Rhino's speed buff is also pretty significant.

well ... this look at vaule of health at the wiki... armor do a very very good job. [ any way its off topic here lol :D]

well ... this look at vaule of health at the wiki... armor do a very very good job. [ any way its off topic here lol :D]

Only a ridiculously high armor value gets such results.

But even that has limits, with the bleed procs bypassing armor for instance. VS Grineer it gets hairy pretty easily if you play it too close to the chest.

Valkyr is the only frame with an actually "viable" armor value, unfortunately.

Edited by Marthrym

Well, the main problem is that the devs arbitrarily and quite nonsensically choose which frame gets which bonus. This is just wrong and unfair. The players should be the ones choosing, because honestly, between the older Primes still waiting after a year, Nova Prime getting TWO bonus stats that actually give her a good survivability boost, negating her only weakness which was her squishiness, while Nyx Prime gets the most pointless, useless and illogical "bonus", screams unfair treatment and favoritism/bias on the devs' part. I understand we all have our favourites, devs included, but EQUAL treatment HAS to be applied here.

Let US choose which bonus stat we want to have for our Primes, and make sure EVERY Prime gets the EXACT same amount of bonus stats. That's the only way it'll work. Or simply ditch the bonus system entirely at that point...

The devs have no real sense of balance.

Rhino Prime has 1.0 speed instead of 0.9

Ember Prime has 125 armos instead of 100

Nyx Prime has 50 armor and 1.125 speed instead of 15 and 1.1  respectively

Nova Prime has 100 shields and 175 energy instead of 75 and 150 respectively

Loki Prime has 175 energy instead of 150

Only mag, Excalibur and Frost lack any improvement.

Only a ridiculously high armor value gets such results.

But even that has limits, with the bleed procs bypassing armor for instance. VS Grineer it gets hairy pretty easily if you play it too close to the chest.

Valkyr is the only frame with an actually "viable" armor value, unfortunately.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

around 1100 value health to frost and rhino.. and for ash its only 250.. and as a frost and ash love it make a big difference

[vitality and vitality with steel fiber]

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

around 1100 value health to frost and rhino.. and for ash its only 250.. and as a frost and ash love it make a big difference

[vitality and vitality with steel fiber]

I don't really understand what you typed, sorry.

But nothing you typed changes the simple truth : Valkyr is the only frame with a VIABLE armor value. One that makes it worth using Steel Fiber over other useful mods. It also makes Life strike even more valuable since it replenishes a lot more EH for her than for any other frame.

Frost might be the only other frame making it worth it, but only because of Snowglobe sharing his armor value. Every other frame can get more usefulness out of other mods, including Saryn and Rhino.

Of course this is only my opinion, I won't think any less of any player using Steel Fiber on the frame they want.^^

EDIT : I think we're derailing the purpose of this thread... Sorry.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

I don't really understand what you typed, sorry.

But nothing you typed changes the simple truth : Valkyr is the only frame with a VIABLE armor value. One that makes it worth using Steel Fiber over other useful mods. It also makes Life strike even more valuable since it replenishes a lot more EH for her than for any other frame.

Frost might be the only other frame making it worth it, but only because of Snowglobe sharing his armor value. Every other frame can get more usefulness out of other mods, including Saryn and Rhino.

Of course this is only my opinion, I won't think any less of any player using Steel Fiber on the frame they want.^^

EDIT : I think we're derailing the purpose of this thread... Sorry.^^'

Frost is the only other one besides valkyr who truly needs that Steel fiber