Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Assassins Could Be The Answer.

(PSN)Fbeast2

Instead of the inactivity timer, how about an assassin enemy similar to how the stalker works.

The assassin would be assigned a specific target and would only attack that target.

The assassin can only be killed by the targeted tenno.

The assassin would be on the low end of the enemy level and not carry a strong weapon. Maybe an MK1 Braton.

An assassin would come for every member in the squad every 2 minutes in the game.

If the assassin killes the tenno then no rewards or xp will be awarded.

If the tenno was truely AFK, he would be killed by the assassin.

Just an idea.

Instead of the inactivity timer, how about an assassin enemy similar to how the stalker works.

The assassin would be assigned a specific target and would only attack that target.

The assassin would be on the low end of the enemy level and not carry a strong weapon. Maybe an MK1 Braton.

An assassin would come for every member in the squad every 2 minutes in the game.

Just an idea.

As pointed out just above, if he wasn't immune to ability damage then the infinite-undertow hydroids, or the infinite-absorb nyx, or infinite-peacemaker mesa or any of the other builds that are based around setting one ability going and then wandering off to make a cup of tea or something for the next five minutes - one of the things this system was put in place to prevent - would just kill him and keep going without any input from the player

It's not the answer. An afk system is never the answer.

This so much! Afk system was never an answer, better let US PLAYERS decide who should be kicked for inactivity.

Why punish all the playerbase because of farmers? Logic DE?

My issue with players being AFK is that the spot in the squad can't be taken by a player who will actually play. If the AFK player left the mission then someone else could possibly join it.

If you have an assassin, I would make it so that the other players can kill it so that the team can choose what to do. I could have friend who says he/she will go AFK for some unexpected and legitimate reason. I can choose to cover for them and kill the assassin. What if the assassin took the AFK player out of the mission like Harvester but in a different way.

This so much! Afk system was never an answer, better let US PLAYERS decide who should be kicked for inactivity.

Atm you can't kick players the only thing you can do is leave party and reform which should be fixed IMO with a good afk system.

Be aware though I don't believe in a kick system because I feel like it would just be abused like in many games.

Yah, I once had that same idea, manly cause my beef with afk/leechers is that they force us to wait on extract, and that would swipe that problem away.

But then there are so many other problems regarding that solution, some are easy to go around, but in the end that solution doesn't solve all the afk problematic.

Atm you can't kick players the only thing you can do is leave party and reform which should be fixed IMO with a good afk system.

Be aware though I don't believe in a kick system because I feel like it would just be abused like in many games.

I just ignore unadequate players after a match and keep in friend list good ones. Game actually tries to from a squad from friends and ignores cancer players. 

Also I dont think that it will be abused so much. Trolls will be kicked most likely, not their target. And afkers.

I just ignore unadequate players after a match and keep in friend list good ones. Game actually tries to from a squad from friends and ignores cancer players. 

Also I dont think that it will be abused so much. Trolls will be kicked most likely, not their target. And afkers.

and how exactly does that stop the party of botters on endless farming loops destroying the economy??

I think it's a neat idea! An easy to kill enemy if you're actually playing the game, but will kill AFKers and no rewards. You can make it so squadmates can choose to revive them in case it's a genuine bathroom break/house on fire situation.

It's a pretty elegant solution that fixes the real problem: that detection criteria for AFK-ers won't work, because they can just refine their macro actions after each fix.

ie if no movement, then program in a roll and backflip every minute. if not using weapons, then add in a quick melee or short burst....etc etc.

Bring on the killer rabbits of caerbannog!

That is literally hands down THE BEST response to these afk problems as of late.

But to make it eligible for the reward denial he needs to deal 75% of your max health, because I can already see rushing to the bathroom, coming back, he/she spawns, some random nullifier snipes me down to 5% HP and then he puts a bullet in me, I die and get denied rewards.

and how exactly does that stop the party of botters on endless farming loops destroying the economy??

And you think that AFK system is an adequate way to fight them in the first place? 

Afk system in MY understanding is to kick afkers that take advantage of other active members on mission - BY MEANS OF PLAYERS, not by broken auto-system. Want a simple life-game example? Yesterday I did Vay Hek mission and was shoting him with a Dread, while staying on 1 spot - I was more that ACTIVE at that time, trust me. And what happened after 2 minutes of shooting and using abilities like mad? U guess! System thought that I`m AFK :D Really? So I missed all energy drops because of that. Is it ok for you?

Dealing with afk farming should be different, reduce spawns, reduce drop rates for mods but for Lotus sake - DONT TOUCH AFK mechanics no more!

Because DE doesn't want to punish all the players because of a few troll players. Instead, both should be combined: votekick becomes available after 2 minutes of one player being AFK.

Just an idea.

you mean like the regenerator in dead space?totally awesome