Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Payday 2 Devs Will Be Making A Walking Dead Game

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/overkills-walking-dead-game-will-be-payday-esque-with-online-co-op/

SO we all know Payday 2 right? Well if you don't, then go read about it, I ain't a teacher. Anyways, the devs of Payday 2 will be making a walking dead game that'll play similarly to Payday 2. However, the game will be made in the universe that the devs will make and will not be connected to the TV show. So no, no Daryl Dixon and no Rick Grimes.

Which I think is good, it allows for more freedom for the devs to be creative.

Lets just hope it's not another Evolve or Left for Dead.

Ehhhhhhhhhh... more zombies though?

I mean yeah, TWD is neat. But it's just got zombies. Just the regular zombies.

The appeal of it comes more from the characters and their stories than the zombies.

I can't imagine it being amazing if it isn't story-based. Another zombie shooter will probably be a bit of a flop.

Lets just hope it's not another Evolve or Left for Dead.

Left 4 Dead is a coop zombie shooter, but it relies on teamwork 'forced' in a way through the inclusion of special infected. As far as I know, TWD doesn't have anything other than regular zombies.

Left 4 Dead is a coop zombie shooter, but it relies on teamwork 'forced' in a way through the inclusion of special infected. As far as I know, TWD doesn't have anything other than regular zombies.

I meant that more in the sense that special infected wont come in and just make it another L4D game. 

In Evolve's defense, at least it was only cosmetic.

While it's still not cool to do, kudos to them for not cutting out content.

What about Evolve?

Payday 2 has 95$ of DLC with most if not all of them being missions and Weapons which is most likely what he was referencing.

Edited by Utarious

What about Evolve?

Payday 2 has 95$ of DLC with most if not all of them being missions and Weapons which is most likely what he was referencing.

But even then, the missions can be played if the host has the DLC. Only weapons are really locked out.

Doesn't bode well. Saying its Walking Dead related, but not involving the characters just means that, at best, its another L4D. I mean, Payday 2 looks nice and all, but it was always just a survival horde-mode game with the faint splotches of stealth that give people hope they could ever accomplish it some other way.

Alright surely they can think of a better genre to do, I mean yea the FPS title has been overdone, but so have zombies... 

Like how about pure stealth games? You don't see them around that much anymore *Splinter Cell kinda lost it touch with that. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

But even then, the missions can be played if the host has the DLC. Only weapons are really locked out.

It's still absurd.

If EA made a multiplayer game that was 20$ with 95$ of DLC but under the same conditions you would see a much different response.

Alright surely they can think of a better genre to do, I mean yea the FPS title has been overdone, but so have zombies... 

Like how about pure stealth games? You don't see them around that much anymore *Splinter Cell kinda lost it touch with that. 

People who say things like this don't seem to understand a simple fact;

Almost every genre that can be done has either been done or been a failure. You can't just "do something else" without taking a massive risk that has a good chance of ending very poorly.

And according to a large portion of the community, apparently everything is overdone. They be like "there are enough rts/fps/rpg/mmo/tps/tbs/etc. games already, why not make something different for once, geez"

Edited by AdunSaveMe