The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

So, never will change the destiny of Frost Prime.

Is a bad precedent, then, the same thing would happen to other primes in the future?

If DE create "Prime Vault" is not only for Frost Prime, you know? what other Primes will be buried there?

Is not pessimism, is just a thought with the little information DE give us, bad and sad information.

Think about this from DE's perspective: why is it a bad thing to give players strong encouragement to buy plat and spend it on a soon-to-be-gone Prime frame?

If you aren't going to spend real money for plat, or you just can't afford it, then this doesn't affect you.  If you already have Frostie-P or don't care to go hunt him down, likewise this decision doesn't affect you.

It only really affects the probably-small percentage of players who A) want the 'frame but don't yet have it, and B) -might- be willing to part with plat to buy him under the right circumstances.  In those cases, DE has given those players a good reason to cough up some folding green and buy Frostie outright.  But for the rest of the players, this move prolly doesn't really affect them much.

Why people now suddenly screaming about Frost? Just a few days ago, before the announcements, he was almost considered a 'junk Prime'. I even saw someone saying they gave away Frost Prime sets on alternate weekends or something. 
I mean, don't get me wrong, I've always loved Frost Prime, but seriously I didn't think there'd be this much of a fuss about it. 

Careful... don't go threatening players' extreme pessimism with logic or optimism. That's a dangerous game there friend...

No, but really. People are being extremely pessimistic. And that's not a good thing.

Yes, heaven forbid anyone dare to commit a thoughtcrime against DE. 

Yes, heaven forbid anyone dare to commit a thoughtcrime against DE. 

The worst bit is there is very little evidence supporting "They will handle it right" given the players reactions to many things.

Drop table dilution had been discussed for ages and it just kept snowballing till something like this needed to be done.

Edited by Nariala

By the Lotus, what a hell is wrong with this world, guys and gals?!!

Those who have it are already have it. Those who doesn't have it will get a lotza other primes, maybe even better than this piece of...

In fact, Frost Prime is no better than original one. Different polarities? Phah! He's better looking? It's arguable, IMO it's still ugly.

Latron Prime? Okay, try to make a decent build, and then score every headshot etc. Bows are WAY better. Still i keep crappy weapons because i like them and don't care about megatonn-crits. Same with the Reaper Prime.

BTW, how often you see Latron and Reaper in trade? Too much in WTS posts, too seldom in WTB.

Of cource it's a pity that newbies won't get it, but i wanna Excalibur Prime so bad! Why DE can't please one meany me! Oh Sacred Lotus, oh dear... *sarcasm*

I wish this sort of threads could be brutally moderated. Just to cut off this panic flood.

P.s.

Excuse me my rage.

Think about this from DE's perspective: why is it a bad thing to give players strong encouragement to buy plat and spend it on a soon-to-be-gone Prime frame?

If you aren't going to spend real money for plat, or you just can't afford it, then this doesn't affect you.  If you already have Frostie-P or don't care to go hunt him down, likewise this decision doesn't affect you.

It only really affects the probably-small percentage of players who A) want the 'frame but don't yet have it, and B) -might- be willing to part with plat to buy him under the right circumstances.  In those cases, DE has given those players a good reason to cough up some folding green and buy Frostie outright.  But for the rest of the players, this move prolly doesn't really affect them much.

and this is exactly why this is a bad decision, it's got greedy milk written all over it, and it's causing conflict among players, DE is trying to get some fast money, but at the cost of the community's well being, this has happened many times before, they make some weird decisions that rub people in some funny way, we all come here and debate and fight among ourselves, i think they should take care of the community, because we are not getting paid to be here, we are costumers of their product, and there are lots of other online games out there. 

I used to buy as much platinum as to pay for an online subscription in any other game, now i rarely play, why? because over and over i felt betrayed and somehow abused, off course, it is my own subjective perception, but clearly i'm not the one who has been feeling a little upset lately.

I think that they will allow us to get frost prime and the weapons again on occasions. You know the Void trader can pick up some of them or Darvo and sell it to the players for limited periods of time, or they can put it on a derelict vault or just put it somewhere hard to reach but not impossible to get it if you want it really bad. Still don't be afraid of the change players collected frost prime parts for over 2 years do you think that there are no players that have huge amounts of his parts or the weapons. With what people have as a reserve now the parts will be easy to find for at least a year.

DISCLAIMER: Frost Prime and Reaper prime where my first prime items so im kinda confused?

On March 24th, Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory.

Can i just ask... why is this happening?!? Is this the way to fix the droptables ready for new primes?

Sorry, but it's really odd and doesn't make any sense. Frost/ Frost Prime already needed some love, but now Frost Prime is just vanishing for god-knows how long? - XxCurtennoxX (2015)

WHY!!!!!! 

LIKE WHY!!!

....I DONT..I...WHY!!!

???????

This is a huge PR blunder on DE's part, you cnat just take away content that we want! and not explain!!! 

Is he going to be a Raid reward?

Is he going to be a login reward?

A quest reward?

Is this the first step in shutting down Warframe because DE want to move on?

Are all primes going?

Edited by D20

People suspect this is merely a temporary solution to the Void drop tables whilst DE figures out how they are gonna blow up the Void.

Making those sets of items go makes sense since Frost, Latron and Reaper Prime were the first (besides Excal and founders) and possess some of the most common parts.

nice le maymays xdddddddddd so fahnee xdddddddd /sarcasm

but seriously, blunder of the month for DE, removing 3 primes is going to somehow "fix' the dilution? They're obviously going to make more primes to milk money out of so this isn't a fix at all, they may just start removing prime after prime, why not just start using the A and B drop cycles which have had literally nodrops for the longest time

Edited by D20