Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clarification: Dev Talked About A Rework Of Damage System

Tsoe

Yet no information about , any change

So is Damage 2.5  is still a thing?

The remooval of serration and hornet strike?

the new special damage mod?

Block system rework?

Rework of statut?

any of this as surprise gift in up16?

Edited by Tsoe

I think that every mod should become a dual stat mod, and with that you can have mods that say add +150% damage and +25% fire rate, or ones that and +110% damage and +60% multi-shot. Naturally you couldn't have certain stats like Damage overlapping on two mods. That way you can pick and choose from multiple options depending on what the weapon is. This would make modding weapons and Warframes more in depth and complicated which isn't a bad thing. 

Edited by DeceptionBlade

Yet no information about , any change

So is Damage 2.5  is still a thing?

The remooval of serration and hornet strike?

the new special damage mod?

Block system rework?

Rework of statut?

any of this as surprise gift in up16?

Not in U16, prbly later this year or next year.

without serration/hornet strike will be way better (i'd wish deleted even heavy caliber)

some discretely good weapons could be as good as top tiers with some rarely used mods, like those which make them recoil-less or sound-less, depending more on the situation, thus making modding more tactical rather than a mere power-dps-creep thing

Edited by perfectStranger

Well if its better than damage 2.0 and i can use more weapons in endgame (like tiberon or stuff) while maintaining the good weapons from right now (like boltorP/somaP) ofc, gimme

Physical damage statut (impact mostly) need a serious buff clearly to make non elemental weapons viable at all lvl

and for the non statut weapons..... skills mods (as sugested by dev) sound great as well,

like :  +150% damage to  weak spot  or +200% critical damage while sliding

stuff like that could be really cool

Edited by Tsoe

With this power they couldn't make any touch on systems because not improved just differentated. Removing charge attacks then back them, nerfing the fast meele weapons and give overpower to primaries-secondaries ruined the game. 

Removing base damage improving mods makes a new wave of legendary core compensation fiasco so I think that it would be better not to touch them so deeply instead of touch them they could buff to the similar level the other mods to bearable with corrupted mods. 

Primed mods are just jokes personaly I think they should not to make them and remove them from the entire game .

I am not mind reader but they make a lot more mistakes and failed designs, they doesn't make brainstorm before make something?

Well if its better than damage 2.0 and i can use more weapons in endgame (like tiberon or stuff) while maintaining the good weapons from right now (like boltorP/somaP) ofc, gimme

I think a big portion of weapons are unusable in late game, simply because they kill to slow (small mag size, slow reload, slow fire rate etc.) and the game for now is very fast peaced. 

without serration/hornet strike will be way better (i'd wish deleted even heavy caliber)

some discretely good weapons could be as good as top tiers with some rarely used mods, like those which make them recoil-less or sound-less, depending more on the situation, thus making modding more tactical rather than a mere power-dps-creep thing

I just like what changes the removal of these mods would bring. It'd be an overhaul of a few systems which could likely do with a review.

Edited by Naith

The devs have never talked about removing Serration or Hornet Strike. I think at best that made it into a "community hot topics" poll once. Don't spread false rumours.

In fact, I don't recall them talking about any of these things. Care to post a link?

The devs have never talked about removing Serration or Hornet Strike. I think at best that made it into a "community hot topics" poll once. Don't spread false rumours.

In fact, I don't recall them talking about any of these things. Care to post a link?

They hypothetically discussed it in a Dev stream, emphasized it was hypothetical, then everyone ignored them saying that and claimed it was real.

u wot de

Don't touch it, devs. Don't.

Removal of Serration and similar mods can be done, if mobs levels and armor is reworked also.

If DE just removes Serration, 20 minutes of T4 Survival or any similar mission will be maximum. While i am all for tweaks of "essential" mods, there should also be game mechanics tweaks.

Actually, there was a survey in regards to the state of Serration and Hornet Strike some months ago, and the results showed that the player base is, more or less, happy with the current state of how damage is done. So, I don't think it's going to be changed, or, at least, it's not very high on DE's priority list.

A change on damage increase type mods would mean that the progression system would change aswell.

Serration and raising it's rank to 10 is tied with gameplay progress, the more you play the more mods you can use on fusion, making serration more powerfull.

In order to make hard areas hard and easy areas easy, DE can't simply remove serration without placing another system in substitution, one that just like serration enables you to make your gear more powerfull the more you play the game.

The bonus of serration type mods is that they are mods and can be traded, if you want more power right at the start, you can buy some plat and then trade the maximized version of the mod.

A system that replaces serration would stop players from getting more powerull at the start. (atleast, if no monetization is inserted)

Mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, etc really are pointless as they are basically REQUIRED unless you just don't know what you're doing...

Really would like to see those go away and the damage added back to the weapons

...and of course I'd like to be compensated for my cores that went into maxing them

Yep, I've suggested before, but they should do something like breaking the weapons into upgradeable parts:

Barrel - Barrel Diffusion, Silenced, etc

Sight - Enhanced zoom, 

Gun Frame - Recoil, Faster reload, etc

Ammo - elements, extra ammo, etc

Put damage mods back into the base damage, with the base damage maxing out when the gun is level 30, instead of adding damage mods to the gun.  Not sure how many mods you could put on each piece, but this sort of system would allow many of the mods that are unused to be used, without having to sacrifice the overall damage of the weapons.