Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Launchers Will Be Fixed?

Llyssa

I find it funny that the only people who claim to use them(a minority, tiny minority, of the posts on this thread) claim to actually use them, and claim that "you're using it wrong" or "it's great as long as you use lots of ammo mods.", with a few angry trolls jumping in to say they always hated launchers and are glad they're gone.

They are not "in a good place", no matter how much the hateful little trolls want to pretend otherwise.

If you want to know why there aren't tons of threads demanding they get ammo back anymore, it's quite simple: People who used to use them don't anymore, those of us that want them to have more have posted repeatedly(and met the same angry trolls), and most people don't use them at all, as they're informed how horrible they are.

There's plenty of weapons that are considered "mastery fodder only" that don't get threads about them constantly.

If launchers are "In a good place", then all other weapons should be equally worried about running out of ammo, and equally in need of ammo cap nerfs.

I haven't seen anyone proclaiming a need to drop the ammo limit on soma or boltor, despite the fact they clearly have far too much ammo stock, as ammo isn't even discussed as being potentially problematic with them.

So either the launchers are underpowered with too little ammo, or all other weapons are overpowered with too much ammo.

If the launchers are "fine", then all other weapons are heavily broken. Start asking for ammo nerfs now.

Otherwise, stop trolling.

I was so happy when they nerfed the ammo on launchers. I got tired of every match that I pub'd there would always be at least one ogris or penta spammer. It got so tiring and boring.

I suspected that players who were clamoring for the ammo nerf hated the weapons and were trying to get them nerfed to the point that others would cease to use them.

Regardless, I don't use ogris and penta in void missions anymore because of nullifiers.  Any balance pass on launchers ought to take this into consideration.

I find it funny that the only people who claim to use them(a minority, tiny minority, of the posts on this thread) claim to actually use them, and claim that "you're using it wrong" or "it's great as long as you use lots of ammo mods.", with a few angry trolls jumping in to say they always hated launchers and are glad they're gone.

They are not "in a good place", no matter how much the hateful little trolls want to pretend otherwise.

If you want to know why there aren't tons of threads demanding they get ammo back anymore, it's quite simple: People who used to use them don't anymore, those of us that want them to have more have posted repeatedly(and met the same angry trolls), and most people don't use them at all, as they're informed how horrible they are.

There's plenty of weapons that are considered "mastery fodder only" that don't get threads about them constantly.

If launchers are "In a good place", then all other weapons should be equally worried about running out of ammo, and equally in need of ammo cap nerfs.

I haven't seen anyone proclaiming a need to drop the ammo limit on soma or boltor, despite the fact they clearly have far too much ammo stock, as ammo isn't even discussed as being potentially problematic with them.

So either the launchers are underpowered with too little ammo, or all other weapons are overpowered with too much ammo.

If the launchers are "fine", then all other weapons are heavily broken. Start asking for ammo nerfs now.

Well that's a way to view dissenting opinions. So here's the thing I think that's the difference between me and you. You consider the Soma and Boltor to have too much ammo because apparently you never run out?, which is fine, but when I use them I end up running out of ammo all the time so they don't seem overpowered from that perspective to me.

Also, I've totally been using the launcher weapons since they were nerfed and they work perfectly fine even without any ammo mods on them. Sure, sometimes I run out of ammo and have to switch to my secondary or my melee. But what weapon do you not have to do that? (Besides the aforementioned Opticor)

Which brings me to my question. How the hell are you so inefficient with the Launchers while claiming that you never run out of Soma/Boltor ammo? And how the hell am I the opposite?

True, true. The Opticor also has far too much ammo. But really the Ammo situation in general is completely #*($%%@ what with numbers being all arbitrary and not making sense (Why does the Sicarus Prime, which has a 3-round burst, have 20 shots in the chamber?). The best thing I can say about it is that at least they're working on it.

It has 21 since some time IIRC.

And yeah, DE went insane with launcher ammo nerf, 20 is faaaar too low.

It's in fact in such a great place that virtually no one is using those weapons any more :)

Well yeah that pretty funny though i notice that too i farm credit at dsd alot back there when there was 540 ammo almost every game on dsd i found people with penta / orgris

But like now it really rare

You're not trolling...?

That's hard to believe... this seems like a joke thread to me.  You can't be srs bro.

I hope so, it was so fun to blow up mobs. I never understood people complaining about launchers, "boo hoo stap da penta zpaming pleez your so lame and nub"... ugh... Just because I have fun in a way you haters don't, am I lame or noob? Why don't you use the recruiting chat tab if you hate launchers or anything else in public matches?

They should but they won't, as they've accomplished their goals of getting players to stop using these weapons. As for the primary/secondary ammo share, they've said it's supposed to be like that to screw players over.

This was another knee jerk reaction to appease the nerf nazis.

They should but they won't, as they've accomplished their goals of getting players to stop using these weapons. As for the primary/secondary ammo share, they've said it's supposed to be like that to screw players over.

This was another knee jerk reaction to appease the nerf nazis.

First up. The term "nerf nazis" sounds adorable. Like some sort of third Reich of foam darts.

Second, they specifically said that while the ammo share situation was intentional it was also a decision that was under review and may be subject to change down the line.

Third, your hyperbole is ridiculous. That wasn't the goal of the nerfs and you know it.

Fix ?

They are fine, just dont spam them.

Don't spam them?  They are weapons, you're supposed to shoot them at the enemies.  

Does anyone playing a mission while having a braton equipped think, "I'm going to shoot this pack of enemies here, but not that pack over there because I might be spamming my weapon."  No, players shoot as much as necessary to kill the enemies.  Launchers should not be an exception.

It's not like other players are denied the opportunity to shoot the enemies first, either.  Ogris has a charge time and a slow projectile flight time.  Penta has an even slower flight time, and an effective range restriction.  I've sniped plenty of enemies before an launcher-wielding teammate could hit them, and vice versa when I would use an launcher.

If u heavily depend on your launcher to kill stuff and wouldn't worry about getting crippled by losing a secondary, you can just equip an Angstrum with a Trick Mag mod. It should give you about 50ish max ammo on your ogris/penta.

Similar to this:

4wzufD1.png

Edited by Oranji

If u heavily depend on your launcher to kill stuff and wouldn't worry about getting crippled by losing a secondary, you can just equip an Angstrum with a Trick Mag mod. It should give you about 50ish max ammo on your ogris/penta.

Similar to this:

4wzufD1.png

Really? That technically shouldn't work, but that would actually be a reasonable ammo max for primary launchers.

Really? That technically shouldn't work, but that would actually be a reasonable ammo max for primary launchers.

Well they refuse to pay attention to this issue I remember [DE]Rebecca stating that there are no current plans as of yet or could possibly be intended either that or I misread it. But yea so far Castanas/Angstrum should work well with Launchers to boost it's max ammo since they both take from the sniper pool. Albeit while it's a nice buff to launchers, it's an annoying bug if your using bows.