Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help On Deciding On A Good Impact Damage Secondary?

Miracue

Question

Ive been running on many puncture based secondaries, namely hikou, r.ballistica and akboltos, looking on suggestions on a good impact/slash based secondary to fight pesky corpus and infested.

Ive considered the marelok, but the fire rate seems a little slow for me :/

16 answers to this question

In my opinion impact damage isn't that good against Corpus.

There are better things like Acrid (or Embolist if you can group enemies like with vortex) or Synoid Gammacor which kill corpus much faster than impact based weapons.

Or weapons with electric base damage as you can easily turn it magnetic.

telos akbolto or the normal bolto with the syndicate mod and modded on blast (fire&ice-mods&impact mods) because of their flexibillity, modded the best way you can kill a boss with one bullet ... (dreaming about :-) ) ... ok, but a few bullets from them are enough 8-}

im not mentioning brakk (for the brakk you have to run for a year to get it) or vaikor marelok because you could be killed fast if youre crowded by enemies because of their slow reload from one bullet to the next ... end of story

Edited by HEA7HEN

Akmagnus is pretty damn good.

Decent stats all around and viable for a crit build.

The Synoid Gammacor can of course be modded to be useful against any faction. The Magnetic is always there and will counter Corpus. Put some Corrosive on the Gammacor and that will deal with the strong Fossil-type Infested. A Primed Heated Charge is exactly what's needed to up the damage and finish off any chance for the Infested to survive.

The Brakk is also good, but hard to obtain deliberately. I'm MR 15 and I haven't gotten it yet despite spending 90% of my gametime marked by the G3. They haven't shown up since I was MR 12 or lower, I think.

The Akbronko Prime can be gotten far more reliably and isn't far off from what the Brakk can do, but the 20 Orokin Cell build cost is somewhat exorbitant.

Edited by steamrick

Alright, thanks for the info :) I will definitely be trying out the sicarus prime, akmagnus and akbroncos now, will have to work harder to get telos akboltos :< I only have 1 brakk part up to date so I guess I wont be trying that soon ||><