Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Prime Vault

MagicRen

Question

19 answers to this question

A vault that opens when all planets in the solar system line up in one straight line.

So far there isn't much information about prime vault. We can only wait for further announcement.

Edited by yles9056

Prime Vault is just a name stating where things that are not available are now. I am really hoping they make a visual prime vault(if they haven't already) at the relays so you can see what is exclusive and look at the specs for said items. (Excal Prime, soon to be Frost Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime, etc)

Yeah what is this crap? Are they running out of ideas? Using prime in everything?

Or you know, they already had a vault for discontinued items, and this is just to denote that they're also discontinuing some prime items.

Prime Vault is just a name stating where things that are not available are now. I am really hoping they make a visual prime vault(if they haven't already) at the relays so you can see what is exclusive and look at the specs for said items. (Excal Prime, soon to be Frost Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime, etc)

Excal prime/lato/skana prime technically aren't in the vault since there are no plans to rerelease them.

Edited by Aggh

I'm afraid I do not have any confirmed information.

If I had to take a guess, I would say "Vaults" is DE's way of removing items and just for the sake of giving it a title. They did it with event items and now they just added prime because these are prime items. They are not gone for good, they're just being stored until re-released at a later time.

Again, that is 100% my speculation.

Seems like its the solution to cluttered drop tables in the void. They were worried about specific items becoming too hard to obtain, so they made specific items much harder to obtain..... wait what?

In reality It's just forced rarity on the least valuable "rare" items. Tonnes of F2P games do this for what I am sure are numerous, disgusting, psychologically exploitative and commercially profitable reasons.

Not even out of beta and poor frosty is being put into the old folks home, oh well.

Don't even start this. DE said Excalibur Prime and any founders stuff will never freaking come back, so stop it please.

There's a difference between the vault and founders. Founders stuff isn't in the vault, as it's not meant to ever come back where this stuff is. The vault is just the place where pretty much everything else goes and will eventually come back.

not sure if this is the best answer or not,

however as of right now we have zero idea what the "prime vault" is.

it may be a fictional holding place for retired prime items  "a special server DE has set up to house the code and files"

It maybe a new location that might appear in game with the radical changes coming to the void soon.

one thing is for sure we are all eager to find out what it is, best to keep our eyes to the void and ears to the ground DE is gonna be taking us for a wild ride soon. 

Don't even start this. DE said Excalibur Prime and any founders stuff will never freaking come back, so stop it please.

I know that.  [DE]Megan said the prime vault can be opened at any time, therefor Excalibur prime is not in it.  That's why I said the guy saying Frost Prime was going to the same place a Cal Prime was wrong.  I didn't start anything.

Seems like its the solution to cluttered drop tables in the void. They were worried about specific items becoming too hard to obtain, so they made specific items much harder to obtain..... wait what?

In reality It's just forced rarity on the least valuable "rare" items. Tonnes of F2P games do this for what I am sure are numerous, disgusting, psychologically exploitative and commercially profitable reasons.

Not even out of beta and poor frosty is being put into the old folks home, oh well.

Wow, that's cynical in ways that don't even make sense. 

Retiring old items isn't really all that shocking, especially since DE are letting players keep the items they already have. It'd be nice to know their rationale (my guess is it's to do with the prime drop loot tables) but I can see why this makes sense to them. The devs need to have this option open to them though, especially for flashy, fairly rare items - If they want to retool or rebalance primes without removing the original version their only option is to nerf the originals into uselessness. Maybe that does create some additional rarity, but certainly no more so than all the old event items that were never made widely available outside the events. 

If you are ok to play in a world where you can never get a Braton Vandal then you really shouldn't care about this. It's not like they are offering the removed items for plat or something.

I'm not sure why people keep saying "we have zero idea because DE hasn't said anything" when it's pretty clear that all it is is a metaphorical place to put items that are not in current rotation (along the same veins as the Disney vault).

What they're planning to do with the items they put there is anyone's guess, but it's not like we have zero idea what it is.

So as you guys may or may not have heard, Frost/Reaper/Latron Primes will be removed from the Void and going into the Prime Vault. What is the Prime Vault? Is it the Vault from Orokin Derelict missions?

It's just a nice way to say they are temporaly removing something from the game, and putting it under lock and key...so to speak.