Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Option To Pick Which Helmet We Start With For Chroma?

Mak_Gohae

Cause i was fine with the original look.

The game actually going back to frames looking like weird machines from thousands of years in the future.

And an alt helmet that was going to be released at launch with a different look was going to obviously  happen so i dont see a reason to change what you had. I mean, the original helmet was going to create plat sales from people that didnt like that look. Obviously these folks were more numerous and if the original helmet in now an alt...they are not going to buy it so DE lost some sales with this. People were not going to not get the frame simply because of the helmet. That's just ridiculous. 

So for the people that think you succeeded in your design can we get a little something for that?

Give us the option to pick which helmet we can build.

This creates 2 alerts that you can use to pad the alert system so we dont get 3 heat daggers alerts close to each other.

We dont know how we acquire this frame but adding the option to farm a second helmet can also extend the life of whatever boss or special mission this thing drops from.

Just stop this already.

The helmet will be how it is, and that won't change no matter how much "we" whine.

Well, it got changed from the original because people "whined."

And this idea should have been in place from the start if DE actually felt like the original helmet was actually going to affect the game in some way.

seriously.....guys, the helm at PAX is his default, the one in the sanctuary is his alt........it's like it's your first time in warframe XD

EDIT: in the sanctuary website, they showed chroma with his full accessories, his alt helm, his special tail-like syndana and stuff 

Edited by Kenshin98

Just stop this already.

The helmet will be how it is, and that won't change no matter how much "we" whine.

Just stop this already.

Just stop this already.

The game actually going back to frames looking like weird machines from thousands of years in the future.

Going back? You must not know much about Warframe. They never looked like "weird machines from thousands of years in the future."

Warframe originally and always had the asthetic of

Everything that doesn't look like this, i.e. everything that doesn't look like a deviation from the original frames that were designed by Keith Thompson (all frames look based off the Excalibur template, with blended metal, cloth, and rubber/flesh parts and some form of horn or head crest) is a deviation from the original idea.

Things like Mesa or Limbo? They don't look anything like what a Warframe is supposed to. Twizzlerframe looks like something the Infested would turn a frame into and use as their own version of a faction Assassin, like Stalker or the Grustrag Three, not anything that could be called a Warframe.

The only frames that should look like "weird machines from thousands of years in the future" are the Primes, because they're supposed to be the 'original' models, while the non-Primes are supposed to be the garage hackjob replicas and imitations made using incomplete designs and inferior materials. And honestly? None of them do. They just look like their normal versions with a ton of unnessary gilt. Because apparently the Orokin were actually all just spoiled Saudi princes, apparently.

People were not going to not get the frame simply because of the helmet. That's just ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous for people to not want something they don't like? I wasn't aware we were obligated to pay money or waste time to get something we don't want. Do we now live in a world where are morally obligated to give patronage for something we find unattractive or consider to be an inferior product, just because somebody somewhere put in the time to make it?

DE told us they would give us a dragon themed Warframe, and what Mynki produced was an anteater made out of melted twizzlers with a platypus tail.

If anything, Chroma is STILL hideous. He's still made out of melted twizzlers. Taking away the Lephantis seahorse face only fixed about 33% of the problem. He's still absurdly ugly, he still looks even less like a Warframe than any of the past Warframes Mynki has produced, and the sad fact is, the edgelords are the only ones who will be able to make him look any good, because coloring him mostly black to blur away the details is probably about the only way you can make him not look like a red hot pile of crap.

It constantly amazes me that Mynki can still have a job when DE could just give Keith Thompson twenty bucks for a concept art sketch and then make that into a Warframe. There are people who are not old enough to legally drink on art sites around the internet who couldn't mess up that badly with "techno-organic dragon ninja power armor." At the rate we're going, I'd probably be willing to pay for Keith's commission out of my own pocket, just so the next female frame on rotation doesn't look like an octopus pangolin made out of cheese whiz.

Why is it ridiculous for people to not want something they don't like?

I said it would be ridiculous to think that people are not going to go for the frame when an alt helmet is going to be obviously available at launch. If they dont like that original helm they can go get the alt-version.

This helm is getting praise so why was there a need to make it the standard version? Have an alt and make some cash.

People were already saying from the second the frame was shown that they were going for the alt.

What did change actually accomplish?

This helm is getting praise so why was there a need to make it the standard version?

What did change actually accomplish?

Because the overwhelming majority thought the first helmet looked stupid and ridiculous. And what this change accomplished was making more people want to get Chroma, because he only looks mildly stupid now with his melted twizzler arms, instead of absolutely ridiculous and a complete joke.

The majority spoke, and so it was changed. That's what was accomplished. Giving the majority of the playerbase what they wanted. I know you sincerely don't believe your opinion isn't the majority, but you're wrong.