Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously De, 5 Forma Wasted (Synoid Gammacor Nerf)

ConzyFTW

People who Depend on Synoid Gammacor's power... Start Crying now WAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!  ! ! ! ! !   ehem.... now Synoid can be Called Secondary Weapon atlast... LOL

No. Now it's called useless mastery fodder.

Do NOT revert the changes. As far as I've been able to tell from reading the comments the weapon's damage is the same but has its drawbacks - a perfect means of balancing it.

I wouldn't call weapon 'balanced' if you can't finish extermination without running out of ammo. It eats ammo like junkie snorts cocaine. It's worse than Amprex at ammo efficiency.

Nerfing it to the point of near uselessness is generally not a good idea. The amount of ammo the synoid now consumes is horrendous. 

People expect nerfs. They do not expect weapons to be made useless. 

+1 Signed. Did expect a nerf but its total overkill. Well now back to some of my other 5, 6 formad pistols while this crap just gathers dust now till they unnerf it a bit at least. I hate ammo eater weapons T_T

You don't think that was on purpose? You think it was an accident they made a weapon overpowered so people would forma the hell out of it? They will always rotate the best weapon so people keep buying forma with plat. 

Typical conspiracy theorist. All hung up on the convoluted details but completely missing the most obvious details like how people don't buy forma with plat. You thought you were so clever didn't you?

TBH it really reminds me of the Acrid nerf, which needed to happen. I had that bad boy formad 5 times as well. No secondary should overide a primary, which is exactly what was happening. You had to know it was coming given the trend in this game, nothing stays op forever. Just deal with it and move on, switch up weapons and play style. Can't be a cookie cutter forever mang.....

People complain about the Synoid Gammacor which now has high consumption but is still powerful...

I mean, come on, it's only a rank 6 wep, yet it's outperforming the Supra and Embolist

Still looking at you Embolist.

It's been over a year now and it still hasn't gotten the love it deserved. The augment was also horrible.

Edited by Nebam

Just for everyone saying the dmg was not changed, the patch notes are wrong, the dmg in game went down from 210 to 28 base, also fire rate, not ammo consumption went from 2.0 to 15.0 also, the magazine was increased to 150 from 75. Overall worse than the normal gammacor, yet another useless mastery fodder weapon thanks to trolls and crybabies seeing/using it with a potato 5 forma and all maxed mods one shotting lvl 15 corpus and claiming that it was "Severely overpowered". When it all actuality it was balanced around endgame and took a lot of time/grind to even be able to make one in the first place. Not to mention the yo-yo balance going on here.

Just for everyone saying the dmg was not changed, the patch notes are wrong, the dmg in game went down from 210 to 28 base, also fire rate, not ammo consumption went from 2.0 to 15.0 also, the magazine was increased to 150 from 75. Overall worse than the normal gammacor, yet another useless mastery fodder weapon thanks to trolls and crybabies seeing/using it with a potato 5 forma and all maxed mods one shotting lvl 15 corpus and claiming that it was "Severely overpowered". When it all actuality it was balanced around endgame and took a lot of time/grind to even be able to make one in the first place. Not to mention the yo-yo balance going on here.

The damage WASN'T nerfed

28*15=420dps

210*2=420dps

People just can't accept that their favorite toy isn't perfect anymore.

I ran through a ceres mission without noticing much a difference other than the ammo consumption, of course, but I still swept through it. There's plenty of viable secondaries out there. Marelok, the recently buffed Rakta, etc..

Either way, the Gammacor was way too powerful.

Edited by Nebam

DE use your tears to make their coffee.

It was OP as hell, now it is more balanced

When I saw the numbers first time I preview that it would receive a heavy nerf, because dont make sense a secondary weapon having the bigest dps on the game.

Glad I have my Vmarelok

I've been saying it was OP as it was before. DE knew this when they put it in the game.  It's been in the game I think 4 months now, and they have been possibly taking quite a bit of platinum in the way forma for users that entire time, and now they nerf it. Should have been changed immediately, but they waited months to do it. Because of that, they really do own people who forma'd it a refund on the formas. They were very slow to act on it, the blame falls on them. People do have a legitimate claim to wanting a refund on their forma. It should be returned to them. If they had acted sooner, this wouldn't be an issue.

I ran through a ceres mission without noticing much a difference other than the ammo consumption, of course, but I still swept through it. There's plenty of viable secondaries out there. Marelok, the recently buffed Rakta, etc..

Either way, the Gammacor was way too powerful.

Pfft, haha. Ceres is a joke man. Try it in a 40+ min survival then tell us what happens.

Yes, SG needed a nerf but this is a bit much imo.

Also, in b4 marelok/rakta nerfs b/c they are better than most primaries which like the SG is evidently a bad thing so nerf away! Right? Right!

Edited by fizbit

To be honest I haven't even noticed and why not just equip ammo mutation mod?

its the sustained damage, if you have enough ammo drops coming in then the nerf is negligible, but if you dont you'l feel it after 4-5 minutes.

On paper I'm actually fine with the nerf (at least the nerf that they actually mentioned to us). But from what I've seen from my friend's PC gameplay on it, the major detriment was the ammo consumption AND the damage change.
Overall damage isn't changed at all, it's just moved from a burst damage weapon to a continuous focus weapon.
The problem is that the firerate is now 15 (and anyone who knows what they're doing was running aniemic agility on it) which puts it to what? about 28 firerate now?
28 fire rate AND 7.5x more ammo consumption is just too much. And this isn't even counting the multishot mods (Which were also staple mods for it). Multishot mods make it a 2.8x additive fire rate. Which effectively makes it about a 80 firerate, 56 bare minimum if you get absolutely crap luck with torrent and never proc the 3rd multishot.  This is all while having 7x ammo consumption.

Something needs to change. The secret dual ammo nerf is not okay. Especially when they didn't even mention the second ammo nerf.

On paper I'm actually fine with the nerf (at least the nerf that they actually mentioned to us). But from what I've seen from my friend's PC gameplay on it, the major detriment was the ammo consumption AND the damage change.

Overall damage isn't changed at all, it's just moved from a burst damage weapon to a continuous focus weapon.

The problem is that the firerate is now 15 (and anyone who knows what they're doing was running aniemic agility on it) which puts it to what? about 28 firerate now?

28 fire rate AND 7.5x more ammo consumption is just too much. And this isn't even counting the multishot mods (Which were also staple mods for it). Multishot mods make it a 2.8x additive fire rate. Which effectively makes it about a 80 firerate, 56 bare minimum if you get absolutely crap luck with torrent and never proc the 3rd multishot.  This is all while having 7x ammo consumption.

Something needs to change. The secret dual ammo nerf is not okay. Especially when they didn't even mention the second ammo nerf.

Just read my post on the math of how absurd the nerf was to this weapon based on the actual math for dps used in game.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/421239-math-on-why-the-synoid-gammacor-is-massively-nerfed/

The Synoid Gammacor had well over twice the DPS of the Boltor Prime with absolutely no downsides other than a range cap that was actually not that bad and could be easily fixed. Now there's actually a reason to use a different weapon instead. I simply don't understand how anyone could possibly think that this nerf was bad. I hope the Synoid will come to fill the role that the Twin Wraith vipers did, where it provides extremely high DPS for an extremely limited time. The TWV didn't have good ammo economy or high sustained, but they were still awesome.

"Fans are whining, arrogant little dip***** who will never, EVER be grateful for ANYTHING you do, and the second you shut out their miserable cries, the happier you'll be." -Zero Punctuation

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Pfft, haha. Ceres is a joke man. Try it in a 40+ min survival then tell us what happens.

Yes, SG needed a nerf but this is a bit much imo.

Also, in b4 marelok/rakta nerfs b/c they are better than most primaries which like the SG is evidently a bad thing so nerf away! Right? Right!

I never did say what mission mode I was playing. 

And the Rakta has it's downsides already, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You'll have to lead your shots due to travel time, charge the shot to get the full damage outta it(since you can only get that 20% crit from a fully charged arrow), the kickback/recoil is awkward when using the 4-burst shot. It's powerful, yeah, but it's already balanced in ways.

As for Marelok? Hmm. Guess I can't really say much about it since it's only downside is its horrible accuracy at long ranges. 

The only downside SG had was its range, nothing else. That's ridiculous. 

Like I said in another thread, it's still ridiculous that these weps are outperforming weapons that are way more costly to obtain, or are a higher MR requirement to use(e.g, supra, embolist)

And again, people just can't get over the toy not being perfect anymore. 

My bad. I see the last part of your post wasn't even directed at me.

Edited by Nebam

It's not about "toy not being perfect", it's about that LEGO set that you worked hard as f*ck to get. It was ridiculously expensive, you made much effort to make it shine, and someone came, put it into oven, and the rest of people that didn't liked it that you have it, now try to tell you it's still usable, because it still looks like plastic it was made out of.

Edited by VectorWolf

You serious DE, I wasted 5 forma on this synoid gammacor, you shouldn't have nerfed it. Complete and utter waste. It's range was a big enough down fall for it, now it's a complete ammo eating and useless damaging weapon. Revert the changes please.

please that or let us free the potato and forma from it.

I never did say what mission mode I was playing. 

And the Rakta has it's downsides already, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You'll have to lead your shots due to travel time, charge the shot to get the full damage outta it(since you can only get that 20% crit from a fully charged arrow), the kickback/recoil is awkward when using the 4-burst shot. It's powerful, yeah, but it's already balanced in ways.

As for Marelok? Hmm. Guess I can't really say much about it since it's only downside is its horrible accuracy at long ranges. 

The only downside SG had was its range, nothing else. That's ridiculous. 

Like I said in another thread, it's still ridiculous that these weps are outperforming weapons that are way more costly to obtain, or are a higher MR requirement to use(e.g, supra, embolist)

My bad. I see the last part of your post wasn't even directed at me.

There is a major difference between adjusting a weapon and then there is gutting it completely. SG got royally gutted, the end.

What makes me scratch my head is how the BOLTOR PRIME continues to be not only the best weapon in game by far yet requires a super low mastery rank to use. Yet apparently there is nothing wrong with that. Huh?

Edited by fizbit