Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Law Of Retribution And Colourblind Players

H3dsh0t

Sort of spoilers below, so if you've not done it yet, maybe this isn't the thread for you.

But on the final boss, there is colour co-ordination needed. And once again, there is absolutely no consideration for those that have issues with colours. I am getting fairly sick and tired of trying to bring this to the attention of you guys, and being constantly ignored. The UI team FINALLY did something about the lockers and mods etc, which was fantastic, and I thought things were moving forwards. But then this comes out, and we get to the end and I can't do the colour coordinated part, because I can't tell the damn colours apart. Blue and White, fair enough, orange, red and green, yeah thanks for that. I am absolutely fuming right now that consistantly there is zero consideration for those with colourblindness, why do you think that we need to not be able to enjoy the game in the same way as someone with normal colour vision. I hope that this isn't another one of my colourblind threads that gets completely ignored, like my previous ones, but this is something that has me severely ticked off.

You don't provide any ways they could improve it or have any suggestions. All you stated is that color blind players will have/are having a difficult time with this puzzle.

I have stated on many many occasions its all about shape recognition. The second puzzle that they teased on the devstream is the most ideal way of doing things.

They just change how the health/energy  orbs look to help Colorblind folk last night so it's not like they are not listening.

Yet they release a MAJOR piece of content, with something that is pretty obviously going to cause issues to colourblind players. The changes to health/energy etc is nice, but that never really complicated gameplay much. I appreciate it, but at the same time think that if they are looking at issues surrounding colour deficiency, how this slipped through the net, cos it would have to be a very wide hole.

I have stated on many many occasions its all about shape recognition. The second puzzle that they teased on the devstream is the most ideal way of doing things.

It just sounds like it would be the same concept in two puzzles. I'm sure something will be done about this eventually but I just can't think of any ways of fixing it.

You don't provide any ways they could improve it or have any suggestions. All you stated is that color blind players will have/are having a difficult time with this puzzle.

This is the "feedback" forum not the "solve all the problems for DE otherwise your complaint is invalid" forum.

I think it's easy to "forget" about the colorblind if you're not colorblind... Easy to get caught up in the rush to release new content and being overly busy getting it ready in time. What they should do is contract some colorblind testers (different types) and have them look at the stuff and give feedback. Or just get volunteers from the playerbase (maybe require a doctor's note and have them do the whole NDA/we can sue you if you leak stuff thing) and show them assets from new content for review.

I was having an issue with this earlier, and actually messed up a bit of our raid because I was confused about which points were blue, and which were orange. It was rather frustrating, and I was glad that I was playing with friends instead of a random squad, because they were patient and understanding with me about it, because they know about my handicap.

Looking back on the locker redesign, I think it would be nice if perhaps the pads had different light shapes when active or non-active. For instance, the non-active version of the pad is lit up with a line through it. There wouldn't be any reason to change the shape of the pads; just how it's lit when inactive. Once it becomes activated, it could potentially fill in completely like it does as of right now.

It's just a suggestion, but taking measures to correct this issue would be a tremendous aid to me, as well as to all of the other colourblind Tenno who go adventuring on the trials :)

Edited by Telluric

I have to ask something, how whuold DE change this?, they can't just remove the colors, just because based on colorblind players, that will mess up the colors themselves in-game, Im really unsure how they will able to change this unless they are able to change color fraction, to the human eye that confesses with light. For us beening able to tell what color while not drastically changing the color.

Im really unsure how I feel about this

Sort of spoilers below, so if you've not done it yet, maybe this isn't the thread for you.

But on the final boss, there is colour co-ordination needed. And once again, there is absolutely no consideration for those that have issues with colours. I am getting fairly sick and tired of trying to bring this to the attention of you guys, and being constantly ignored. The UI team FINALLY did something about the lockers and mods etc, which was fantastic, and I thought things were moving forwards. But then this comes out, and we get to the end and I can't do the colour coordinated part, because I can't tell the damn colours apart. Blue and White, fair enough, orange, red and green, yeah thanks for that. I am absolutely fuming right now that consistantly there is zero consideration for those with colourblindness, why do you think that we need to not be able to enjoy the game in the same way as someone with normal colour vision. I hope that this isn't another one of my colourblind threads that gets completely ignored, like my previous ones, but this is something that has me severely ticked off.

I actually just watched your video about that part of the mission! You've got a great channel. :)

I'm really surprised DE forgot about color blind people. I do a lot of design work, and every time I do something involving color, I always keep color blind people in mind (I actually know quite a few color blind people). It isn't just for their own benefit, but also because it means the work will just be better. It's basically design 101 to think about how clear things are going to be when they don't have color.

Your Warframe should automatically correct for any flaws due to battle damage or genetic aberrations.

(Wouldn't it be nice if it were a toggle-able option in the graphics menu, in other words? "Colorblind Tenno" checky-check.)

@H3dsh0t: I am sorry for the confusion :( I would be upset as well.

The coloured pipes were put in at the 11th hour and we obviously let that slip by us. For that I apologize.

I was just forwarded your post and we are working on a solution as we speak :)

Edit: I've altered the pipes to make it more readable for everyone. Thank you for your post.

Edited by mGladney