Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfs Nobody Talks About

KindCollusion

So... I noticed with U 16 all of my stealth weapons which I formaed to death are no longer silent. Latron wraith, telos akbolto, ogris and synoid gammacor are all now alerting. I dont so much mind the ogris but I formaed these to death because I hate bows but I love running around invisible with ash and loki.

Ps I dont know what category to put this in so feel free to move it.

I'll go through and check to see if its just a ui bug. I know for sure its not with the ogris. I really hope thats all it is though. I dont have any room foe the augment. All my slots are full and i use a high duration but max range build so I barely even have room for durability with eradiating disarm.

I'll go through and check to see if its just a ui bug. I know for sure its not with the ogris. I really hope thats all it is though. I dont have any room foe the augment. All my slots are full and i use a high duration but max range build so I barely even have room for durability with eradiating disarm.

Should a rocket launcher really be silent though... come on now

I noticed that my Latron Wraith does indeed have "alarming" written on its stat card.  However, its not actually alerting anything anything.  Now I might be bugged somehow, or you might, or the card might be; but the only thing I've seen is the usual reaction when I drop a goon directly in front of another, or turning to look at a bullet hole when I miss. 

Launching it should be silent, the explosion should alert them.

[befuddled face]

Why?  Its not a sonic boom, but the propellant makes a sound as it burns.  The stabilizing fins also make noise, so imagine a firework with a much more aggressive motor.  I think you would notice one of those firing from a fair distance away. 

Why?  Its not a sonic boom, but the propellant makes a sound as it burns.  The stabilizing fins also make noise, so imagine a firework with a much more aggressive motor.  I think you would notice one of those firing from a fair distance away. 

Look up the handle rocket gun 'gyro-jet' bond movie. I am not saying Ogris would be completely quiet, but those motors ramp up with distance, and starts out rather slow/quiet at launch. Ogris rocket is small and does not have the accelerated state that even a gyro jet has. 

Edit: 

Ogris projectile moves at 40ms or 131 feet per second. That is about the initial launch speed of a gyro jet and fractional of the speed of any bullet.

Edited by LazyKnight

Okay I tested the aforementioned weapons vs my despair which is still silent. So basically they alert the enemy. Everyone gets into a fighting stance and one or two run off to set off the alarm. However they don't fire back in the direction of the attack blindly at my original loki as they used to. Seems like a buff to stealth in general but a slight nerf to these weapons which used to be straight up silent. The despair by comparison doesn't even alert them, they walk around as though nothing happened

Latron wraith and telos akbolto were always alerting, they just had a low noise range.  It was in fact incorrect to call the latron wraith silent.

Ogris makes sense to be alerting, it's a dang rocket launcher.  Synoid they announced was made alerting.

The noise level on the latron wraith and telos akbolto are low enough that they're effectively stealth weapons unless you're walking up right next to your opponents.

Edited by Holeypaladin

Laton wraith is no longer silent!?

THAT WAS WHAT MADE ME WANT THE GODDAMN THING! 

GODDAMN IT DE!!!

D:<

It never was silent. The Latron series were always a lot quieter than other guns, but you just can't fire one three feet away from an enemy without being noticed unless you've got Hush on.