Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sound Quake

Despara

This ability needs to be nerfed badly. It is clearly far to powerful. I think a simple and fair nerf would be to increase the energy cost from 100 to 150 with a slight range and damage decrease. Or, a more complex but possibly better nerf would be to have Sound Quake do the present damage it does at about half the current range, and then have a secondary range outside of the first where the damage is halved.

This ability needs to be nerfed badly. It is clearly far to powerful. I think a simple and fair nerf would be to increase the energy cost from 100 to 150 with a slight range and damage decrease. Or, a more complex but possibly better nerf would be to have Sound Quake do the present damage it does at about half the current range, and then have a secondary range outside of the first where the damage is halved.

You clearly haven't played high lvl missions. In high lvl content, her ult does no real damage, the only thing it does well is staggering enemies (unless you're sitting directly on top of the guys, and even then the damage is not great) unlike ults like mag's which simply outright kills everything beside bosses/mini-bosses...

It's post like this that I wish the little red down arrow was still here...

Indeed!

Edited by VieuxPappy

It's post like this that I wish the little red down arrow was still here...

Posts like this is exactly why I had made the "Don't let your fans bully you" thread.

This thread here is a prime example of this.

Even then...poor Nyx...

Sorry, all I read was "ARRRRGGGHHHH THE SEXY BANSHEES ARE STEALING ALL MY KILLS NERF THE GAME NOOOOW!"

Can you please give any reasons why you consider it op?

Interesting...I've been hearing the same, especially from the newer players popping in...but they'll shut up once they get their hands on a Banshee with maxed "Reach" and "Focus" ( :

Sorry, all I read was "ARRRRGGGHHHH THE SEXY BANSHEES ARE STEALING ALL MY KILLS NERF THE GAME NOOOOW!"

Can you please give any reasons why you consider it op?

My thoughts are same.(altough i dont have her and i dont care if banshee steals kills)

Her ulti's sound must be reworked. Just watch this:

http://youtu.be/ehjfnMlzB0o?t=3m37s

I agree with you

Edited by Bulgarian

I disagree with the op. Sound Quake is only good against lightly armored mobs like the small infested and some corpus to a certain degree. Against anything that has a decent amount of armor like grineer or ancient infested it doesn't do much damage.

Interesting...I've been hearing the same, especially from the newer players popping in...but they'll shut up once they get their hands on a Banshee with maxed "Reach" and "Focus" ( :

And you may even know the reason of such strange behavior, provided you have the banshee and have played with her off-host.

Reduce banshee damage? Sound quake only effective against grineer below 26 ,corpus below 40, infected below 55 .Talk about high level content,  you have to use it twice  on grineer lv 40 and when you finish using it, they might probably drain out your shield instantly or ancient for energy .You are implied Kappa farming or what?

How about neft Kappa so everyone dont grind on it and happy about banshee? 

Edited by Zokkoven

Well, I was playing defense on Europa (25-35 during event) with someone who uses Banshee and he could pretty much clear out any enemy on screen on wave 25 with her ultimate whereas enemies didn't even die when hit by my Frosts ultimate.

It's either OP or buggy.

Obviously the OP is just made because Banshees with Maxed Reach and focus kill everything in like say...Kappa. Which if you stand NEAR the banshee you get all that exp aswell. Perhaps the OP should actually Play the class or atleast give legitimate reasons for a nerf before blatently calling the skill overpowered. I swear kids these days....

Something that people often also forget is that unlike say Frosts Avalance which only affects those within its area when cast, Banshees sound quake also affects those Entering the radius after it is cast. Which is where its greatest strength really comes from.

Edited by DarthRevan84

Well, I was playing defense on Europa (25-35 during event) with someone who uses Banshee and he could pretty much clear out any enemy on screen on wave 25 with her ultimate whereas enemies didn't even die when hit by my Frosts ultimate.

It's either OP or buggy.

As people said...anything above 40 and Banshee's Ultimate is only good for stuns.

Yeah, lvl60 ancient infested. Disruptor. 10 of them at the same time.

You will be dealing somewhat around 40 damage to them with each pulse. And they actually have something around 6000hp and cannot be staggered.  And you cannot fire at them or run away as long as you are channeling sound quake - so they just stand around you waiting for you to stop channeling. Then you immediately get disrupted. And then you die.

Even shade hardly helps.

Yeah, the aoe with maxed reach is insane. Yeah, it clears corpus very easily below lvl40.

Maybe it needs some reworking, but i wouldnt call it nerfing.

It does need a slight reduction of its range, to be on-par with others aoe ultimates. Otherwise it's not fair for other frames.

We don't want a "Xini-full-of-mags-and-frosts-spamming-4-and-killing-every-mob-in-the-room-before-they-even-got-out-of-spawn" phenomenon again like in update 6, it was sooooo bad for the game.  

For those who weren't playing at that time, Mag and Frost's ultimate could cover more than 50 meters (far more actually) with power range mods stacking.

It was fun for those playing mag and frost, not so much for other players in the squad :/

Strangely, the range on most aoe abilities was reduced to what we experience now, at the exact same moment Banshee was released.

Weird, it seems they kinda forgot to fix Sound Quake range in the process...

Obviously the OP is just made because Banshees with Maxed Reach and focus kill everything in like say...Kappa. Which if you stand NEAR the banshee you get all that exp aswell. Perhaps the OP should actually Play the class or atleast give legitimate reasons for a nerf before blatently calling the skill overpowered. I swear kids these days....

Something that people often also forget is that unlike say Frosts Avalance which only affects those within its area when cast, Banshees sound quake also affects those Entering the radius after it is cast. Which is where its greatest strength really comes from.

Funny thing is people are talking banshee sound quake OP on Kappa when she kills everything and they didnt get the exp -_-

I play banshee for leveling weapons and the exp i got was only 7-9k exp because all the exp was taken by the warframe . The others must get the same. You could use volt for maxing Focus and Reach and clear all enermies in 1 hit o Kappa. Its even faster than banshee .