The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid As A Game Killer

RossRam

For a moment, I'm a rare guest in a world of online games, my list is really short and it looks like this: APB: Reloaded, Gotham City Impostors, Warframe. Two of these games already have been left behind.

So, while there are many, many things I don't like in Warframe, Raid looks like the thing that can kill the whole game for me.

The thing is, I just bloody hate have anyone else in my game, especially some random living beings. And thing is, I have only one friend in this life playing Warframe.

I force myself to play with random people when I have no choice, but I really doubt I will be ever able to communicate with them. To find two more people to play with is a titanic task for someone like me.

Warframe - I felt like it can be somewhat unique. It is an online game, but it doesn't force you to communicate with other people, being both MP and solo friendly. It was not a single-player game which requires online connection, no. It was just the opposite: a multiplayer game which actually had a place for solo players.

Starting with the relays stuff began to change. Now there are raids inside... and DE already made a sign that we really should try them out, look at all those credits nerfs. Still, for now raids are avoidable. But if there will be some kind of Raid event with unique weapon or something big like that, I will most likely quit, despite all those money I've dropped into.

I feel like Warframe have no love for players like me anymore.

Anyone feels me?

And the raid is not even good, it is a very poor attempt at what a raid should be, which doesn't help.

I do understand your concern, but considering how large amount of content in the game is not soloable (most endless modes for example), it is really not surprising that DE might be pushing towards mostly MP related content.

*snip*

All I can say is, the addition of co-op oriented gameplay does not hurt a solo player in any way. You aren't required to run the raids. The loot from them isn't going to change the game for you.

You can still play the game solo just as you have before with no ill effects, so I don't see why this content addition would 'kill' the game for you. Especially when there was also solo friendly content added as well (Synthesis). Why would an addition that doesn't affect your playstyle cause you to not want to play anymore?

All I can say is, the addition of co-op oriented gameplay does not hurt a solo player in any way. You aren't required to run the raids. The loot from them isn't going to change the game for you.

You can still play the game solo just as you have before with no ill effects, so I don't see why this content addition would 'kill' the game for you. Especially when there was also solo friendly content added as well (Synthesis). Why would an addition that doesn't affect your playstyle cause you to not want to play anymore?

Actually recent additions now offer rewards that do change the game.

Besides, maybe I want fianlly kill Vey Hek. But I have no way to.

Why not post on the forums for other players?

Just want to see if I'm the only one who feels this way. Want to feel some support, you know.

Edited by RossRam

I just bloody hate have anyone else in my game, especially some random living beings

Haha that made me giggle a bit.

But yeah I can totally understand, hating to have to rely on a bunch of random people. But don't forget sometimes it can be satisfying to have found that one random guy you somehow just really coördinate well with.

Like my math teecher always says: "the best moments in life are when you share them with others"

No one is forcing you to play with randoms

You can play with your friends

Other than using that overused, irrelevant argument, please read the OP more carefully, as he states that he has only 1 friend playing Warframe. I think there are few groups of 8 people who play the same game most of the time.

Actually recent additions now offer rewards that do change the game.

Besides, maybe I want fianlly kill Vey Hek. But I have no way to.

Just want to see if I'm the only one who feels this way. Want to feel some support, you know.

Recent? Is there any content that has been changed from soloable to not soloable recently? I can't recall any.

Most of the content in the game is soloable with the right equipment and tactics. Pretty much the only thing that isn't obtainable solo is the raid stuff, and maybe some of those hardcore events that happened.

As well, you can always attempt to make new friends in game. All it takes is talking and being friendly with some in mission players, or joining a clan and hoping on their voice chat server. I find that the friends I make within a game are usually the ones who are up for running missions the most often, as I only have one real life friend that plays the game as well, but I have a plethora that I've met through the game.

Edited by Ashnal

For a moment, I'm a rare guest in a world of online games, my list is really short and it looks like this: APB: Reloaded, Gotham City Impostors, Warframe. Two of these games already have been left behind.

So, while there are many, many things I don't like in Warframe, Raid looks like the thing that can kill the whole game for me.

The thing is, I just bloody hate have anyone else in my game, especially some random living beings. And thing is, I have only one friend in this life playing Warframe.

I force myself to play with random people when I have no choice, but I really doubt I will be ever able to communicate with them. To find two more people to play with is a titanic task for someone like me.

Warframe - I felt like it can be somewhat unique. It is an online game, but it doesn't force you to communicate with other people, being both MP and solo friendly. It was not a single-player game which requires online connection, no. It was just the opposite: a multiplayer game which actually had a place for solo players.

Starting with the relays stuff began to change. Now there are raids inside... and DE already made a sign that we really should try them out, look at all those credits nerfs. Still, for now raids are avoidable. But if there will be some kind of Raid event with unique weapon or something big like that, I will most likely quit, despite all those money I've dropped into.

Anyone feels me?

I am with you. Although I have no problem playing with random, but raid just killed PUG for me. It's almost impossible to get people to understand what they need to do in raid. I honestly do not find raiding with random entertain nor the way the game are being push toward hardcore raider. I spend 2 years raiding in WoW. Warframe is a nice break from all the tension and politic. I am not going to give my life away for raiding again. Stop making this a raid game. 

Other than using that overused, irrelevant argument, please read the OP more carefully, as he states that he has only 1 friend playing Warframe. I think there are few groups of 8 people who play the same game most of the time.

Thanks.

Recent? Is there any content that has been changed from soloable to not soloable recently? I can't recall any.

Most of the content in the game is soloable with the right equipment and tactics. Pretty much the only thing that isn't obtainable solo is the raid stuff, and maybe some of those hardcore events that happened.

And this is what I'm talking about.

As well, you can always attempt to make new friends in game.

This sounds so wrong for me, we are probably living in different universes.

I find that the friends I make within a game are usually the ones who are up for running missions the most often, as I only have one real life friend that plays the game as well, but I have a plethora that I've met through the game.

I have a clan, and I hope I'm friendly enough. However, most of our clanmates are still hardly more than random guys for me. I do not communicate too often even with them. And even if I can actually pick one or two of them who I can communicate with and coordinate with in a mission, there's another problem: I usually sleep in my bed when they are playing Warframe. Besides, catching them both online at the same time is a task in itself: our clan is not that big and clanmates in it are not that constant and hardcore.

Edited by RossRam

maybe after sometime DE will lower the difficulty and solo players can pass it? i dont know but i think warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. it's true it also provides solo option but it's hard to keep everything solo-able, coz that will severely restrict the development options

The Raid is optional.

And the rewards are crap lol. Just an amazing credit farm with a good coordinated group.

This. Raid content was made for players who want some real challenge other than 60+m survival

So if they make a raid specific event weapon, you'd rather quit the game and thereby miss out on the other 99% of the content that is perfectly achievable in solo mode, because it irks you that much that you would miss out on a weapon here or there?

I don't even understand the logic of people in this forum.

I think the error of your mentality is distilled into this one statement:

You're lamenting that an online only game is abandoning your desire for solo play because it has one new aspect that requires social, online play. I try to be understanding about these things, but if you're really that much of a schizoid individual, do not play an online game. Seriously. It's more or less a rule of the road that if you want to play an online, multiplayer game, you must at least entertain the possibility that there will be things you cannot access alone. 

I want to play this game.

I don't want to organize a day outing for toddlers, or herd cats, or organize a board meeting, all of which are functionally identical to ~90% of MMO 'raids' and Warframe is no exception to this rule.

I don't want any more "internet friends" especially ones focused on a single game.

I do resent content being locked behind the frankly insulting notion you need to enjoy risking being the director of an am-dram, musical production of "Dumb and Dumber" if you want to see a new map. There is no content that requires a team unless you artificially make it so, it is a dedicated effort to exclude players from content for no damn reason.

But no: "Warframe is more fun when you play with friends, this is a universal truth, you will comply.... Socialize, SOCIALIZE!"

Yeah it's nothing do do with the fact that once you get people emotionally committed to one another you can ramp up the guilt to keep them playing way past the point they would have quit if they hadn't been convinced into shared Stockholm syndrome.

No, fun must be the reason.... sure

Edited by SilentMobius

I want to play this game.

I don't want to organize a day outing for toddlers, or herd cats, or organize a board meeting, all of which are functionally identical to ~90% of MMO 'raids' and Warframe is no exception to this rule.

I don't want any more "internet friends" especially ones focused on a single game.

I do resent content being locked behind the frankly insulting notion you need to enjoy risking being the director of an am-dram, musical production of "Dumb and Dumber" if you want to see a new map. There is no content that requires a team unless you artificially make it so, it is a dedicated effort to exclude players from content for no damn reason.

But no: "Warframe is more fun when you play with friends, this is a universal truth, you will comply.... Socialize, SOCIALIZE!"

Yeah it's nothing do do with the fact that once you get people emotionally committed to one another you can ramp up the guilt to keep them playing way past the point they would have quit if they hadn't been convinced into shared Stockholm syndrome.

No, fun must be the reason.... sure

This slightly disturbs me and I believe you are taking this way way way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

No one is forcing you to play this game. The purpose of playing with other people in this game is for fun, with the lack of a single player story mode it's what the game is based around. 

Most people who play this game are not going to guilt you into playing if you don't want to and to be honest I'm confused on where you would get this idea in the first place

And to the OP, you can play alone if you want no one is stopping you.  However that does not make you entitled in saying that the game should be  based around your style of play. 

Anyone feels me?

Go play dark souls that's a great solo game.

I don't like how we have to have certain frames and everyone on the team has to (pretty much) constantly spam their specific abilities over and over again. if you don't do this you will get blasted by one shot from these high level enemies. Either way Raids need more work but I believe DE will make it better....hopefully.