Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Radial Blind

fatpig84

Yeah bring RB back.

Look DE, if you are going to nerf the posterboy, you have to at least give something back.

People let the RB nerf slide when they got RJ boosted which happens to include a stun.

Hence the tears were there but not so much.

Changes to Super Jump were appreciated but did nothing much.

Of course in DE's shortsightedness or failing to play their game seriously, they forgotten RJ has a 25m base range.

Which after modding translate to a near 60m range when modded properly.

In contrast, most frames only have a 20 meter AOE range, when fully modded, it is only 47 meters. Or 35 meters for some like Saryn and Broberon (who happens to have blind and radiation proc all rolled into one yaaaay !)

So the buffed RJ lead to the famous Vivergate incident. Which also could have being avoided if DE remembered to change Viver to infested like the rest of Eris from Day 1 !!!

Now in U16, this current iteration of RJ has limited RJ to not only LOS, but also in camera view.

And you know what ? It doesn't really affect draco much at all. 

Due to the map design I can still see plenty of those Grineer strolling down the stairs.  So they die like chumps as usual. However, this has severely affected Excal viability in other maps and this is pretty telling. 

Personally I feel this is a waaay over nerf.

The OP RJ issue was it's range.  Just fixing the range would have suffice.

But of course DE being DE will always do the most extreme method.

So instead of making RJ's range in line with other 4s, they smash it with a hammer in hopes it fixes Draco.

But it only cements Excal further as Draco bot which means they make Excal even MORE 1 dimensional.

And since DE has decided to be firm on their stand with this new version of RJ with their latest announcement, I request we get RB back.

At least give your poster boy some way to defend himself (unless your idea of Excal is to Draco all day) and let us use him outside of Draco.  Of course we don't need the old OP version of RB, but an adjustment will do.

Radial Blind

Energy: 50

Stun: 5 seconds (cannot be recasted during stun duratoin)

Blind: 12/13/14/15 seconds

Function: All targets will always be blinded within 15 meters no matter their state.

Ranges exceeding 15 meters will be subjected to LOS.

Yeah that is all i want.

It is waay better than what we have now and DE irrational fear of Excals blinding enemies at 60 meters is gone.

Oh never mind my Mirage AND Oberon can blind further than current Excals without fearing silly things like walls or magically NOT affecting enemies.that are not alerted to you. 

So yeah just give Excal's RB back.

Don't break him further.

Edited by fatpig84

I don't mind his current blind tbh.

When it comes to his Jav though it's a different story.

RADIAL JAVELIN is Excaliburs 4th ability, I'll say it again, Excaliburs 4th ability.

It should be something strong since it'a his 4th.

The current Jav we have is weaker than most 1-3 abilities that other frame has.

At least fix radial blind so the melee bonus works. Currently, It's either bugged or nerfed so it only applies for the period after the initial stun wears off, and the bonus applies only to the blind duration.

It's currently, a horrid ability that can not even be compared to Loki's invisibility or ANY of the '2' or '3' CC skills such as terror.

At least fix radial blind so the melee bonus works. Currently, It's either bugged or nerfed so it only applies for the period after the initial stun wears off, and the bonus applies only to the blind duration.

It's currently, a horrid ability that can not even be compared to Loki's invisibility or ANY of the '2' or '3' CC skills such as terror.

I doubt DE cares about the Stealth bonus for Excal.

Their only goal seems to drive Excal to the ground.  

Never mind that I have highlighted that all the Viver/Draco/Stephano mistakes all originated from DE and DE alone.

All this, just because they fear RB being too OP. Then they fear that over nerfing RB will kill off Excal  and hence they over buffed Excal's 4 in hope that it will balance out without even testing it.

Why won't they just consult Vets for once before dishing out nerfs that make no sense ?!

Edited by fatpig84

By the time they finish with their Posterboy Excal  he will only be good for wall running and shooting enemies. 

Oh I doubt it

You seen the Tomb of the Sentients trailer ?

Excal was panting like an old man after Parkour.

I will look forward to Excal panting after a single wall climb !

Never mind that I have highlighted that all the Viver/Draco/Stephano mistakes all originated from DE and DE alone.

All this, just because they fear RB being too OP. Then they fear that over nerfing RB will kill off Excal  and hence they over buffed Excal's 4 in hope that it will balance out without even testing it.

Why won't they just consult Vets for once before dishing out nerfs that make no sense ?!

Good questions....

+1'd

Seriously, one or the other, don't screw us out of both abilities.

I honestly believe that if you can have frames with ridiculous powers, you can have a frame that hits hard at low levels or blinds through obstacles.

Nova- Capable of drastically weakening enemies

Hydroid- Ridiculous CC capabilities and a 1 that is twice as good as Excal's 

Loki- On top of being able to become invisiblessed he can switch-teleport and actively disarm anyone within a good distance of him, all while having amazing amounts of energy to spend

Valkyr- Can literally become invincible with mods being able to extend this duration of godmode

Rhino- Gravity stomp.

Nyx- Can seriously turn whole mods against one another and become a reflective damage sponge

Ash- Are you kidding me with this one? Some of the highest defense in the game, a faster frame in general, Shuriken does crazy bleed procs, blade storm is just blade storm and is ridiculous.

Is it really all that weird or overpowered for the starter frame and posterchild of the game to have an ability that wrecks at low levels? The entire game is based on these abilities as well as the way the game plays, please reconsider your terrible choice in nerfing a frame for what I can only assume is conclave. 

I agree if they do a nerf they need to buff the other skills on the frame it's like if the nerf nova with molecular prime and take out the slowing you have to both the other skills otherwise nova would become terrible. Excalibur needs to be fixed correctly

slash dash is beaten by multiple skills such as rhino charge and tidal surge because they

have mobility and damage but a secondary effect of knocking the target down unlike slash

dash which will normally get you stuck on one enemy and cant move on while also both rhino

charge and tidal surge doing more damage.

radial blind is beaten by most cc skills now considering it has los and a terrible los,

why because los does not always work epically when you got a crowd of enemies or you can

see enemies above and below or there is a open doorway but you cant blind those in the

next area while also having the problem of still letting enemies run around and shoot such

as moas and grenades. considering this move does not have damage it should not matter if

its compared to a 4th skill or lower. you then have Oberon and mirage that have NO los on

there blinding effects and that is something which makes no sense either. considering this

was Excalibur's defensive skill and has no others this was his go to move for escaping

this torment me as well since you got frames with turbulence and shatter shield as there

defensive but do a better job of it.

super jump is outdated in warframe because of the lack of mobility with the skill and the

waste of a warframe skill which could be replaced. super jump is outdated since cant go to

different directions as well as you cant do much in the air for a little while because of

the animation. directional melee can even go higher/faster and different directions and

coptering does not help the matter either. I do not see a frame that has a mobility as a

skill and is outdated because of the new frames. has no cc/damage and very low mobility

while having the problem of having a anaimation at the end of the cast that can easily get

you killed.

radial javelin this has recently been nerfed yet again why probably because people use it

as a farming tool which is not there fault since DE keep nerfing Excalibur. its damage is

not brilliant and the casting animation is terribly long with a very terrible cc which

last for about 1-2 seconds after the animation which I say is not cc in any way. LOS now

effects the skill and cant go through terrain in the recent update this destroys the skill

terribly it will not work as a defensive skill now either meaning Excalibur has no longer

a true way to stay alive unless you just go with skill which is fine but in high level he

is going to get smashed. using logic I understand it should not go through walls however

logic in this game is biased and only used to nerf a frame because people found a way to

use it effectively. saryn has a skill called miasma which has no LOS and why is that ? it

comes from saryn her self so it should not go round walls or thorugh them same for

loki/ash/trinity and others.

radial javelin was not OP in any way its damage is medicore and easily falls of in high

level, there is no cc and that stun is not cc as it only works for the animation and about

2-3 seconds after so you get 3 steps to move that's it. the animation is long and the only

reason it was good for farming was because of the massive range it had and to stop that

all they had to do was reduce the range.

there is no year of quality since they nerfed radial blind from then on it was DE going

down hill in my books. this update was at first a step forward then all those stealth

nerfs were brought up and turned into 1 step forward 2 steps back

I never understood why RB was nerfed, it was not more powerful than Mesa's, Saryn's or Rhino's ability.

I have recently discovered that U16 actually brought a second Excalibur stealth nerf, this one to his Radial Blind. As we all know, melee striking a blinded enemy should provide a 4x damage multiplier, with a yellow number popping up instead of a white one (although it doesn't count as a crit.) However, after U16, this is no longer the case.

When running a mission with my Excalibur + Scindo Prime Radial Blind melee build, I discovered that the damage numbers I was getting on blinded enemies were equal to the ones on non-blinded enemies. Thinking that I was bumping into the enemies and thus alerting them, I repeated the mission with an Orthos Prime equipped with Primed Reach, only to get the same result. I repeated the mission again with Loki, thinking maybe stealth multipliers were bugged, only to discover that I was still getting the 4x damage multiplier while invisible, eliminating all margin for error.

From my testing, I conclude that U16 removed the stealth multiplier feature from Radial Blind. This means that Excalibur no longer has any melee potential whatsoever. I can only hope this is a bug, otherwise it's just another pointless stealth nerf to an already weak frame. Although I love Excalibur, I didn't care too much about the Radial Javelin nerf because I use Radial Blind pretty much exclusively, but now there is literally no reason for me to use Excalibur. I guess you could say that Excalibur's stealth was stealth nerfed, or that Radial Blind was stealth nerfed in two ways. This had better be a bug.

What I don't get is why this would happen. If we assume this issue is a bug, and therefore unintended, then DE should fix it soon. But then again, I've been waiting for a Turbulence fix for literally months now, and Zephyr's effectiveness against Grineer is still just as BS as ever. DE has a bad habit of diligently neglecting fixes for bugs that are utterly destroying the bugged warframes.

I'm never forgiving you for not fixing Turbulence, DE.

Warframe builder lists Turbulence's outer radius for my Zephyr build at 35.5m. I decided to test that. I placed a waypoint on a level 30 Grineer elite lancer, moved 5m away from him, and continuously backed up 1m at a time. At about 15m and onwards, I was being hit by every single one of his shots.

Turbulence's outer radius: 35.5m

Actual effective range: about 15m

On top of Turbulence's utterly stupid and broken mechanics, I have proof that enemy accuracy actually overpowers Turbulence's debuff, making it nearly worthless against all hitscan weapons.

There is another issue I would like to bring up. After doing copious amounts of testing on both Ceres and T4 Void missions, I have made a discovery that is equally remarkable and appalling. Since Bombard rockets are not hitscan, they should be deflected when they hit the inner radius, right? This is not what happens. The rocket still changes direction on contact with the inner radius, but because of the homing effect, after entering the inner radius, the rocket will immediately curve back around and hit Zephyr directly. Unless you move, the rocket will hit you directly every single time. The game is obviously trying to have Turbulence deflect Bombard rockets away from you, but fails miserably due to the homing effect.

And now I'm getting off topic. Then again, if this is another stealth nerf, it's an absolutely stupid and disgraceful move by DE to deliberately make Excalibur useless to anyone and everyone, even those who don't Radial Javelin such as myself, and then not even put the changes in the patch notes.

If it's a bug, it may never get fixed, a la Turbulence. If it's intended, then DE is even more stupid than previously thought. Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a bug, DE still might not ever fix it, as with Turbulence.

Because of this bug/nerf, I can now come to the conclusion that Excalibur is completely and totally useless to every single Warframe player, even the ones not using Radial Javelin.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Super Jump can be saved if DE let us use it in the air.

It's still useless in closed spaces.

However while I agree that RB could use a buff with LoS based on range I fear that the concept of this thread is based on the idea buffing that one power will be a justification to leave the rest of his abilities underwhelming and untouched, becoming once more a one-trick pony being 'defended' against any buff suggestions just because of that one power.

With DE's track record I am happy with ONE usable power. But I agree with you.

It's still useless in closed spaces.

However while I agree that RB could use a buff with LoS based on range I fear that the concept of this thread is based on the idea buffing that one power will be a justification to leave the rest of his abilities underwhelming and untouched, becoming once more a one-trick pony being 'defended' against any buff suggestions just because of that one power.

With DE's track record I am happy with ONE usable power. But I agree with you.

most people agree that Excalibur needs a proper rework its jus that people like myself are saying revert radial blind as it will give him the viability to survive for a while like DE's track record is SOON which is months

I'm fine with Blind the way it is. What I'm not fine with is his 4 being virtually a direct downgrade to his 2 and offering nothing besides piddly-&#! damage.

As it stands, Excal has one completely useless ability and three decent abilities. Of these three abilities, two serve as decent mobility tools, one serves as a self-preserving panic button, one is capable of directly helping out a team, and zero can do anything at all against that Corrupted Lancer who's on the other side of the cryopod.

You'd think that a function that basic would be part of the "all-rounder"'s capabilities, but apparently not.

Edited by SortaRandom

He's getting old now, I mean, he's the second ever warframe ?

I miss the old RB, it made melee only runs rather silly.

*edit* as in the second frame lore wise before I get pulled up: Nemesis was 1st in Dark Sector ~:P

Edited by Keltik0ne

He's getting old now, I mean, he's the second ever warframe ?

I miss the old RB, it made melee only runs rather silly.

*edit* as in the second frame lore wise before I get pulled up: Nemesis was 1st in Dark Sector ~:P

Old doesn't mean bad mkay :P

DE has announced and clarified that RJ changes are intended.

They are HERE to stay.

Begging DE won't change their stance now.

At least I got more chance asking for a return of RB.

You were here during the Viver nerf no? Those changes were reverted, your argument is invalid.

You were here during the Viver nerf no? Those changes were reverted, your argument is invalid.

I was. DE reverted the changes because they need time to "fix the LOS issue".

They stated they WILL revisit the LOS fix again, just only when.

And the when is on U16.

I was. DE reverted the changes because they need time to "fix the LOS issue".

They stated they WILL revisit the LOS fix again, just only when.

And the when is on U16.

So we'll just revise but have little to no improvements over it. They literally just brought back Viver Excal nerf with not much or any improvement over last time. Maybe make his 4th have less chance to hit the enemy if not in LOS, LOS abilities don't have range?