Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helicoptering : Why Is It Still In The Game? O_O

TheJagji

If you don't want people rushing through the missions faster than you try the following:

Play solo

Play with only friends that go slow like you

Learn to play faster/better to keep up

This game was designed to have maneuvers to rewards players for being able to do mechanical movement tricks that some can't do. If you can do it well then you can move faster and better. If not then you are stuck going slowly through a mission. Neither way is better or worse. It just is.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Rudeness

Ho, please. Its not a play-style. Its an exploit, plain and simple.

That needs a nerf too. :P

it's filth like you that gives me joy knowing that DE will not change a thing just because a single goy thinks its not fun or shouldn't be allowed

Well, to be fair, then on the other hand, those who play public missions fast also have no right to complain over those who can't get to extract fast enough, it goes both ways.

The Extraction Timer can be annoying to wait through, but that's DE's fault for leaving it that long, as vestigial from times, when, if I have it correct, you wouldn't get rewards if you didn't arrive to extract personally (now if something like that still existed, that would validate OP's complaints, but it doesn't).

Seriously, like 10 seconds countdown should be enough for you to decide if you want to leave the extraction area for some reason or stay and finish. If two players arrive at the extract and want to stand there and leave the mission, then the whole team leaves after the Extraction Timer finishes, whether the other two want it or not. Why drag it on for everybody?

Edited by IronRoby

10/10 would upvote again. Burn those using coptering. Go find another away to avoid playing the game and trash your "coptering build".

No but really, why is this mentality so one sided? You don't see copter enthusiasts telling slower players to "git gud" or that they need to speed up or die. 

How's about we just play the way we are comfortable with, and let others do the same?

You'll never understand

I do understand. That's the problem. That's why I know people like the op who refer to the mechanic as an exploit aren't going to change their opinion because they can't understand the merits of a different point of view. They just see it as absolutely bad and aren't even going to consider the experience of other players.

Coptering is an elegant and versatile maneuver that is important to a melee-oriented playstyle. It is elegant because it is easy to learn and difficult to master with precision. Asking for it to be re-balanced according to other movement tools is reasonable. Asking for it to be streamlined visually and aesthetic is natural too. Asking for it to be removed outright without even respecting counter arguments is just shortsightedness.

Edited by Ryjeon

I find directional melee more game-breaking than coptering ever has been. Wall running is completely unnecessary if you use a fast melee weapon. With the current stamina system in mind removing coptering would be insane. During high level missions you need to be fast, and moving from A to B quickly enough is near impossible. Of course DE could actually do stealth 2.0 (making speed unnecessary in at least some missions) or rework the stamina system, but we all know how long that's been on the list. 

I find directional melee more game-breaking than coptering ever has been. Wall running is completely unnecessary if you use a fast melee weapon. With the current stamina system in mind removing coptering would be insane. During high level missions you need to be fast, and moving from A to B quickly enough is near impossible. Of course DE could actually do stealth 2.0 (making speed unnecessary in at least some missions) or rework the stamina system, but we all know how long that's been on the list. 

Word. Directional melee is literally better than Super Jump in terms of height.

Word. Directional melee is literally better than Super Jump in terms of height.

Then maybe it's the Super Jump that needs a buff, maybe even some landing targeting control when recasting it in air? It always seemed disappointingly not really "super" to me. Movement abilities like that should feel especially awesome and powerful, but there's no reason even "normal" Tenno movement acrobatics like coptering should not feel physics-violatingly awesome too, exactly like how it's "normal" for even the frail caster frames to still be able to deflect freaking laser beams with their melee weapon skills exactly like the swordmaster Excalibur can.

Edited by IronRoby

Then maybe it's the Super Jump that needs a buff, maybe even some landing targeting control when recasting it in air? It always seemed disappointingly not really "super" to me. Movement abilities like that should feel especially awesome and powerful, but there's no reason even "normal" Tenno movement acrobatics like coptering should not feel physics-violatingly awesome too, exactly like how it's "normal" for even the frail caster frames to still be able to deflect freaking laser beams with their melee weapon skills exactly like the swordmaster Excalibur can.

I completely agree, but the simple fact that everybody has access to a simple in game function that can outdo a specific frames power, and they dont have to mod for it, seems like it's time for a revamp. It'd be like everybody being able to use a Ground Pound that emulates Rhino stomp. Bad example, I know, but what else is there?

Possible good news though. I heard SJ is supposed to be getting buffed. No more invisibility, but up to 95% accuracy fail against Excal during a jump, and it's supposed to go about as high as Tail Wind.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

I completely agree, but the simple fact that everybody has access to a simple in game function that can outdo a specific frames power, and they dont have to mod for it, seems like it's time for a revamp. It'd be like everybody being able to use a Ground Pound that emulates Rhino stomp. Bad example, I know, but what else is there?

Possible good news though. I heard SJ is supposed to be getting buffed. No more invisibility, but up to 95% accuracy fail against Excal during a jump, and it's supposed to go about as high as Tail Wind.

Well, then there's no reason to revamp it if that's true. After all, this is still technically a beta, it's completely possible for things to be meant to be in balance with other things that have not even been released yet, exactly like how the Dark Dagger has long had a stance slot polarity compatible with a stance that has not even released yet. Coptering could be quite in balance with future movement abilities setup. In that case changing coptering now would be counterproductive for overall progress, instead the movement abilities should be overhauled quicker, like that example about Excalibur.

The best way to avoid copters: play alone or with friends. Coptering is player option to do, if you don't like, hit T and say "please, can you stop coptering?". No one get hurt by trying this.

I could get hurt laughing over imagining how it would go :)

Original Poster: "Hey, stop please."

Random Tenno: "What is it?"

OP: "You were about to copter up there to that ledge"

RT: "...So?"

OP: "You are actually supposed to get there by running up that wall there opposite to the pillar, pushing jump, then pushing jump again when hitting that pillar, then run up that wall but turn ninety degrees at the last moment to the neighboring wall and then back flipping to the tip of that pillar. Then you need to jump from there at the other two higher pillars and then from there you can wall run to that ledge, if you turn at the exact right moment."

RT: "..."

OP: "Of course, this is going to take us a while, since you have to start all over when you fall, so we better get started. Do you need me to go over it again?"

RT: "No, I'm good, I know what I need to do" *copters up to the ledge and rushes to extract*

Edited by IronRoby

I never get why people are so proud of using a simple maneuver and probably fancy themselves beeing progamers because of that.

Since I showed my friend how to copter, his parkouring skills began to stagnate. I think he got even worse. He can't even do simple wallruns.

I hate it because the legs move so awkwardly stupid (every coptering tenno I see just looks like a try hard because of this) and it limits my melee choice. That's all.

If DE wants to keep it, they should better start to build the game around it then and make it an available move regardless of weapon choice.

Otherwise it just remains a glitch and an eyesore.

Look what it does in PvP together with directional melee, completely ignoring terrain.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I never get why people are so proud of using a simple maneuver and probably fancy themselves beeing progamers because of that.

Since I showed my friend how to copter, his parkouring skills began to stagnate. I think he got even worse. He can't even do simple wallruns.

Man some of you guys sure get defensive when it comes to coptering.

The parkour in this game is booty. Wallruns and wallhops feel unresponsive and clunky. Coptering is fast, flexible, and lets you reposition yourself whenever you want to. This is why many people choose to copter rather than jump at the wall, magnetize themselves to it, and then dismount.

You completely left out the reasons I wrote why I hate it.

Yes, parkouring is clunky and I cannot blame people for ignoring it. Nevertheless there exists a gap between players.

I use everything. Coptering, slide-catapulting, wall-vaulting, wall-running, aerial-melee, dodge-roll, back-flips, re-adjusting view with aim/block, ledge-grab, even wall-attacks. Just the other day I coptered in a circle and it was fantastic! I'm constantly learning new stuff in this game. As far as I'm concerned I'm putting on a show for myself using whatever maneuvers look coolest and are most satisfying. I would hate to lose any one of those assets.

Edited by Ryjeon

I think I found polearms suiting my taste for both damage, movement and style to some degree.

I completely replaced coptering with directional melee, but I abuse it only when I have to go faster no matter what. For example when my so called friend jumps ahead. Since the only thing he can do is copter forward, I don't have hard time keeping up or even passing him. It's just a silly aspect of warframe that needs to be looked at.

There is absolutely no reason to incorporate any parkouring elements in warframe whatsoever as long I can fly like Zephyr with Tonbo.

They might as well give everyone a portal gun instead.

I think I found polearms suiting my taste for both damage, movement and style to some degree.

I completely replaced coptering with directional melee, but I abuse it only when I have to go faster no matter what. For example when my so called friend jumps ahead. Since the only thing he can do is copter forward, I don't have hard time keeping up or even passing him. It's just a silly aspect of warframe that needs to be looked at.

There is absolutely no reason to incorporate any parkouring elements in warframe whatsoever as long I can fly like Zephyr with Tonbo.

They might as well give everyone a portal gun instead.

Nova teleport? Loki switch teleport?

Gotta love how many of you guys are completly ignoring all valid facts against coptering,

ignoring all the points about how it makes many things of the game meaningless,

did you guys ever use rush,or some other movement mod,probably not,huh ?

decided to go fast,and picked a frame with high movement speed for it,or one with good abilities to do so,probably not,huh ?

learning maps so you are able to wallrun on certain spots and such to increase your speed,probably not,huh?

ect,ect...  dont wanna repeat myself spinning in circles.

but all you guys are basicly saying is,

screw all that content that is in this game,

and the things that i, and some others mentioned earlier,

because: copter!

and the funniest thing is,

you are even trying to make it look like it is hard to do ! LOL

making it look like you are incredibly proud that you mastered the highly complicated, fine art, of coptering,

and refuse to let go for whatever content is getting pointless because of it,

you only make it look like you cant go as fast without it.

a few of you dont even know that it IS a bug!

Probably cry on another Thread that you want some other Bug fixed,

but threatening DE to leave the game if the Copter BUG gets a fix,

telling some people directly or indirectly to go Copter or play alone with some other ''nubcakes''

things like that show how much you actually care for the Game,and the community,among some other statements.

Also,did you know that DE-Scott (i think) openly said that he want Coptering to be gone,

that DE was on it once to have it removed, but people were going crazy about it,

makes it seem like DE actually DO want it to be gone,no?

And then theres PvP,

you guys like? yes?

you probably never even had a look at it i guess,

so,screw that content too along with many other things,huh?

Just RoflCopter all over the place in hopes to randomly hit somebody on accident on your way,

makes the PvP super awesome,nothing like a sad,bad,joke at all. lol

Rushing,can be done as fast without it,

a tool,a gap closer,it would be still all of that when it would cost stamina,2 copters,no stamina,gotta wait,

or if it would be replaced with an evasion-move,

and even beside that,you guys said it yourself,directional mellee would do the same,and its intentional,so why even keep Coptering at all then?

But god forbid Gunplay would become viable in PvP,and you would have to pick and mod a Frame for Speed,learning maps,ect,

there never should be a tradeoff for going really fast,and there never should be a time to improve and learn new things,because... Copter! lol

Edited by Spectrah