Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With More Chromas Coming Soon... Will We Get Nerf Batted?

Ketec

LOL.  You need to get in harms way constantly with valkyr to keep your energy up to spam her ULT.

And I don't see why you'd complain about iron skin.  It melts pretty fast in higher levels.

Chroma can become tankier then both of them without any effort at all and his is based on duration unlike a damage threashold for iron skin.  And he still has access to all of his guns while being tankier.  Unlike hystaria where the damage does begins to fall off.

If anything chroma is easier then both and not only aids team mates better but synergizes with other frames better.  I'm not saying chroma is OP.  But I really dislike it when people call valkyr/rhino noobie frames.

wasn't saying valkyr is a noob frame, I love her and always point out to people who think all there is to her is hysteria, anyone who knows valk knows the secret to using her is a rage and life strike build.

Rhino I refuse to say anything about do to my biased against him

as for chroma and vex armor to get the most out of it you can't go around spamming it like crazy, you waste energy and you will waste time for when you actually need it, to get the most out of it you need to use it when you encounter a large group of high damage dealing enemies, and I should also add even then you still have to be careful pending the level, it doesn't matter how much armor you have a level 100 heavy is going to give you a bad day.

Compared to a life strike and rage valk its temporary and a rhino with a full out strength build can have a decent lasting iron skin that can still keep him from taking damage to his health even if its on hit

vex armor that armor and damage buff lasts only as long as that timer does, once its gone your just as vulnerable as before

I think Chroma is in a good place right now, although his Elemental Ward stacking bug should be fixed because that's a little bit silly and his Spectral Scream needs some form of buff. I'd love for his Spectral Scream to have a team-buff feature too, elemental combination (Toxin Chroma + Volt = Corrosive :D) even if it's an augment.

So yeah, his SpSc needs a buff if anything and the silly-stacks of EleWard need fixing but other than that he is spot-on.

His bugs will be fixed, but he will still be a great Tank (primary) Support (secondary).

What can Chroma do in particular, barring the crazy 2 scaling, that provides an immense advantage that cannot be done with any other frame? Or rather, how does he make other frames not worth playing? He doesn't.

That is a very poor mindset. Frames should not invalidate other frames, but rather provide more options. Chroma does this perfectly as he is viable on his own terms and is just as much a viable pick as the other frames you listed.

Edited by Darkmoone1

He definitely surpasses Valkyr in the tank department minus the invincibility. With high power strength, you can expect like 630%+ increase to your armor. I heard he can get a 900% armor increased but i haven't tested it yet.

Rhino can reach similar values with Ironclad Charge. It's just an unpopular augment so you don't hear people talk about it much.

Rhino can reach similar values with Ironclad Charge. It's just an unpopular augment so you don't hear people talk about it much.

Similar yes, I use Ironclad and it's buff gets his armor up pretty high. But Chroma already has higher base armor and his buff stacks with that, it's crazy amounts in certain circumstances lol.

I wont consider a frame that doesnt even have an ultimate skill.

Its like hey this new frame is cool lets give him credit farming mechanics instead of a proper ultimate :O

Nah he is only good if you max duration and get a high power str build WHILE also building tanky.

I honestly don't think he is a good support, too

deppends on element. Chroma´s elemental ward has different effects for different elements. For a Fire Chroma, duration isnt really a go to option because you cant cast elemental ward untill the first one depletes itself, and for fire chromas that cast = a heal on spot. So more duration for a fire chroma = longer CD on a heal that could make a difference.

As for the other chromas, itreally deppends, frost and lighting can benefit from duration builds because their main focus is buff teammates and every now and then proc a status, but for a poison nova i dont really know, a longer shield could be good but we dont know how power strength will impact the proc damage.

My chroma i have modded to support both builds, but it´s really relative to how you like to play.

Ok I do not believe he is "broken" in the way that it breaks the basis and gameplay of the game. I find Chroma to be THE best melee frame, aside from Rhino, because if you choose fire, spam 2 and 3, and have intensify plus max duration, as well as lifestrike on melee, he is literally unkillable. Elemental ward needs a nerf, at least fire does.

Chroma isn't OP. If anything he needs buffs to his 1 and possibly his 4 as those powers are lackluster.

If by OP you mean the bug where Chroma can get 10k hp then yes that will be fixed.

Edited by Takatashi

Are you actually QQing about Chroma being OP? He is fine where he is and any bugs that are found will get fixed. Fixes aren't nerfs. I bet you're a Valkyr player because i hear a lot of them whining about Chroma being tankier than her.

It can bug out and stack if multiple Chroma spam it with short duration? You're also right. Anything that is a fix will be called a nerf by people.

Well said as usual!

Chroma isn't OP. If anything he needs buffs to his 1 and possibly his 4 as those powers are lackluster.

If by OP you mean the bug where Chroma can get 10k hp then yes that will be fixed.

I believe it just got fixed with the latest hotfix. However I do feel that his 4 is actually fine and is in no way lackluster.

Im testing Chroma he doesnt take other warframes position, he is pretty much in his own tier, Valkyr has Hysteria invulnerability, more base armor (even easier with steel fiber) can raise her armor with just one button without requirements and has access to melee finishers whenever she wants and honestly, Hysteria can kill regular high level mobs just fine, for heavies just use finishers.

On the other hand Chroma with ice ward and vex armor has a pretty good armor value but if you get caught by a nullifier or those buffs expires you will be in a risky situation but Chroma has more benefits to the team, such doing aggro with effigy.

I have 0 worries to be honest and i use both, Chroma and Valkyr.

Its like hey this new frame is cool lets give him credit farming mechanics instead of a proper ultimate :O

Nah he is only good if you max duration and get a high power str build WHILE also building tanky.

I honestly don't think he is a good support, too

"If I can't press 4 to win I won't consider using him"

My sides.

If they fix the stacking, fine. It wasn't intended anyway. But the rest of him is very balanced..

Essentially that, yeah. My buddy was telling me about it while he was in my squad. 

That is a very poor mindset. Frames should not invalidate other frames, but rather provide more options. Chroma does this perfectly as he is viable on his own terms and is just as much a viable pick as the other frames you listed.

You're interpreting it wrong. I'm simply providing the conditions that would warrant 'nerfing' a frame, which would be the aforementioned totally out-classing an older frame and their abilities; which Chroma does not do.

"If I can't press 4 to win I won't consider using him"

My sides.

Essentially that, yeah. My buddy was telling me about it while he was in my squad. 

I don't like your attitude.

You probably havent even played him since you are against that argument, anyways.

Oh and i am also IN LOVE with the frame, i only said he i dont consider him to be a good support, you should read properly before trying to act smart.

Sorry that was pretty harsh, but i wont delete the comment.

But i am really sorry :(

Edited by Absens

He definitely surpasses Valkyr in the tank department minus the invincibility. With high power strength, you can expect like 630%+ increase to your armor. I heard he can get a 900% armor increased but i haven't tested it yet.

Hysteria might get that treatment someday.

The main difference between Valkyr and Chroma tanking is that Chroma is dependent on his abilities to beef himself up, while Valkyr is an innate tank. Hek, she doesn't even need any of her kit to be fantastic.

Oh and i am also IN LOVE with the frame, i only said he i dont consider him to be a good support, you should read properly before trying to act smart.

Nah, you need to learn how to not contradict yourself.