Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows Ohk ?

Lord_Noctus

bows.... should 1 shot if the time needed to charge is high enough like on the paris prime also a limited time to be able to hold the charge should be added. 

normal paris should have higher base dmg but shouldnt 1 shot on a full charge and also ammo should be increased.

noone can disagree it takes alot skill to hit with bows especially now after the primary weapon buff which was needed

I agree, bows require more skill than any other weapon and they just don't do enough damage for me to consider attempting using it.

In other words the skill requirement doesn't match the damage

And buffing the damage in the way he's suggesting would not match the skill requirement.

Also, "require more skill"? Maybe, but not by much.

The opticor is arguably harder to use at longer ranges given its limited charge time.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

And buffing the damage in the way he's suggesting would not match the skill requirement.

The opticor is arguably harder to use at longer ranges given its limited charge time.

Optic or isn't in pvp though. How is the only(?) projectile weapon and it requires charge up... Yet there are pistols dealing more damage...

Holding a fully drawn bow should drain your stamina slowly at first but speed up as time goes on. Upon stamina depletion, the draw is loosened but the shot is not fired.

If they made that change, they could re-buff the damage.

I like your idea btw

Edited by AuraMau

Holding a fully drawn bow should drain your stamina slowly at first but speed up as time goes on. Upon stamina depletion, the draw is loosened but the shot is not fired.

and after a certain ammount of stamina the shot shouldnt 1 shot... it would require then also timing and tactical thinking of when to charge. this is good idea

not true opticor is hitscan and very accurate ... its pinpoint accurate

not true opticor is hitscan and very accurate ... its pinpoint accurate

You must have missed the bit where I said "given its limited charge time". I did mean charge hold time, but still. It may be hitscan, but it doesn't change the fact that trying to hit a moving enemy at range requires about as much skill as a bow.

You must have missed the bit where I said "given its limited charge time". I did mean charge hold time, but still. It may be hitscan, but it doesn't change the fact that trying to hit a moving enemy at range requires about as much skill as a bow.

bows.... should 1 shot if the time needed to charge is high enough like on the paris prime also a limited time to be able to hold the charge should be added.

read before posting i thought about something like that allready. it would make sense too comparing it to real life archery

read before posting i thought about something like that allready. it would make sense too comparing it to real life archery

...No it wouldn't. I dunno about you, but I can hold a drawn bow for a few minutes, and I don't even have a super-powered battle suit.

i dont think they will buff the damage, unfortunately :S

they should at least bump up the charge speed and projectile velocity, cause both autos and semi autos outperform bows at any range atm

edit: tho i think there are corrupted -atk speed +damage and -accuracy +damage mods for pvp not released yet, or something like that, and a full charge ATM leaves an excal at a little bit of hp, so maybe those mods will let bows OHK... at least some frames

Edited by onemoonlight

...No it wouldn't. I dunno about you, but I can hold a drawn bow for a few minutes, and I don't even have a super-powered battle suit.

yeh im sure it dont take any strength and stamina to hold a drawn tenno technology bow which can pierce through metal walls.....

also it heavily depends about what bow ur talking about ....... pull this few minutes lol

also it heavily depends about what bow ur talking about ....... pull this few minutes lol

Obviously I wasn't talking about a 225 pound bow.

yeh im sure it dont take any strength and stamina to hold a drawn tenno technology bow which can pierce through metal walls.....

Here's a fun question for you; when did I say this?

Hint: I didn't.

Super bow, super power suit. Irrelevant point.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Obviously I wasn't talking about a 225 pound bow.

Here's a fun question for you; when did I say this?

Hint: I didn't.

Super bow, super power suit. Irrelevant point.

the point with the superpower suit was irrelevant so i got my irrelevant point fair is fair XD

Going to comment on how wrong and dumb everyone is.

Then saw it's in PvP Feedback.

Well, I haven't done Conclave 2.0 yet, but after seeing the base damage my Paris Prime does in the Conclave Arsenal, I agree completely.

Edited by Astrotrap

I hope you're not honestly comparing Real life bows to tenno bows cause it's redundant to argue real life vs game logic.

(p.s I use a 50lb bow and it can be tough holding for more then a min and a half.)

Bow damage is totally fine, they just need to increase the projectile's speed. Even with Terminal Velocity it's not enough.

The speed is fine IMO it's the speed it takes to notch an arrow back that bothers me because it makes getting a second shot off impossible if you're going against a good latron user or lex user.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I think any argument of "skill" should take into consideration that you can hold the bow back FULLY charged while sprinting around and sliding. I think bows are fine how they are right now, you can kill with one charged bodyshot or one charged headshot. 

A lot of skill to hit with bows? What game are you playing?

Which one are you? Id love to see you make a video hitting a target coperting non stop.

I have terminal velocity and it barely helps, its 10% skill and 90% luck to land a shot and once you do land one, it doesnt deal enough damage.

the bow is at the moment compared to the other weapons useless but if u think its different feel free to add me on friends and show me how good the bow is. im open minded and wont just stick to my opinion

Agreed. Bows should 1 shot no matter what simply due to the travel time of the projectile. Sniper rifles are a different story, theyre hitscan weapons therefore they shouldnt 1 shot as that would be a little bit too easy to get kills.