Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not To Make People Mad Or Anything But

Well, as of late since the Excalibur slight rework people have been moaning and complaining about his abilities. 

Really? 

You can stun a whole room of enemies and get to the other side without taking any damage 24/7.

I'm just gonna say it.

Why is it that the one frame that is extremely balanced is considered crap? 

Literally.

Of all the frames I know of he seems to be the most balanced. 

Personally I think Volt is probably the most balanced (though Overload needs a bit more punch).

But I agree. People are blowing it up too much.

Hmm, Well... Volt would be a bit more balanced if for his ult to do a huge amount of damage didn't require lights in the room. 

Well, as of late since the Excalibur slight rework people have been moaning and complaining about his abilities. 

Really? 

You can stun a whole room of enemies and get to the other side without taking any damage 24/7.

I'm just gonna say it.

Why is it that the one frame that is extremely balanced is considered crap? 

Literally.

Of all the frames I know of he seems to be the most balanced. 

Most balanced? He only has one good ability now.

Granted you can pin down the entire tile on the Vay Hek raid fight with it, but beyond his mad CC what else does he have?

One good ability does not make up for a useless super jump and radial javelin. That is not balance.

Most balanced? He only has one good ability now.

Granted you can pin down the entire tile on the Vay Hek raid fight with it, but beyond his mad CC what else does he have?

One good ability does not make up for a useless super jump and radial javelin. That is not balance.

In my opinion super jump is a good way to escape a fight or get a melee damage boost if you can do it properly. 

His ult stun locks enemies even more so for you or your team to shred through them. 

His one is a good escape/engage. 

His a nice frame, I use it with a duration based-build... slash dash provides mobility, radial blind is great for meleeing and escaping, super jump is a nice panic button, and radial javelin provides a decent stun.

-But yeah, I miss Radial Javelin build.

Edited by Lokime

His a nice frame, I use it with a duration based-build... slash dash provides mobility, radial blind is great for meleeing and escaping, super jump is a nice panic button, and radial javelin provides a decent stun.

-But yeah, I miss Radial Javelin build.

This guy gets it. 

In my opinion super jump is a good way to escape a fight or get a melee damage boost if you can do it properly. 

His ult stun locks enemies even more so for you or your team to shred through them. 

His one is a good escape/engage. 

I play with a RB build, always have. Because of that his #3 makes me jump just as high as a normal jump. = Useless

His ult may stun lock enemies, but thats for about a second. RB does that and more so that's not much of a point. = Useless

I agree with your thoughts on his number one being good though, which is why i didn't say it was bad.

It is a stupid move is my problem. I miss enemies with my ult who end up just behind me when I use my ultimate. In that split second of me hitting 4 when an enemy is in melee range and they end up behind me they are no longer in my LOS so the stupid ability misses. This "radial" move leaves me open to attacks from behind. Another thing is they nerfed Excalibur for Draco farming. Something a lot of us did not actively partake in.  If his other three moves had a shred of decency to them we probably wouldn't complain as much.

Slash dash-Rhino and Hydroid have a way better charge attack.

Super Jump-Useless IMHO. It does not serve me in the missions I do. It doesn't save me when I need it in mobile defense, it doesn't save me when I need it in Exterminate. So it will definitely not save me in survival. 

Radial Blind-This move is all right, but with LOS is renders a lot of enemies untouched.

Radial Javelin- Most arguably the only thing that has made him useful these last 6 months. Sure it blind all enemies in a radius, but a 3 second stun is not as great as having been able to hit the enemies who needed it the most.

Enemies have to be aware of you and you have to be aware of them. It is counter productive and is poorly implemented. I can peak around a corner , see enemies, use my ultimate, and miss 15% of them. I can also peak around the corner, see enemies, go back into hiding, use my ultimate, and miss every @(*()$ one of them.

Radial Javelin- Most arguably the only thing that has made him useful these last 6 months. Sure it blind all enemies in a radius, but a 3 second stun is not as great as having been able to hit the enemies who needed it the most.

Haha, learn to play Excalibur kid. Javelin was a cheap way of room clearing with a press of a button and that's all it will ever have been. Is RJ useful in a raid? No. Is RB useful in a raid? Easily. 

''Arguably the only thing that made him useful in the last 6 months''. Just go away.

Haha, learn to play Excalibur kid. Javelin was a cheap way of room clearing with a press of a button and that's all it will ever have been. Is RJ useful in a raid? No. Is RB useful in a raid? Easily. 

''Arguably the only thing that made him useful in the last 6 months''. Just go away.

Awww I seemed to of hit a nerve. RB was way better 6 months ago and then people complained it made end game or high tier missions obsolete. Since you more or less rendered the enemy non combative for 30+ seconds. Now why would you bring excalibur to a raid since he has no real defense and enemies love cover.

Well I can tell you plenty of how radial javelin saved me. Is there really a play style for Excalibur anymore? I mean, what exactly is he useful for? like i said, most of Excalibur's power will be coming from the mods used.

Awww I seemed to of hit a nerve. RB was way better 6 months ago and then people complained it made end game or high tier missions obsolete. Since you more or less rendered the enemy non combative for 30+ seconds. Now why would you bring excalibur to a raid since he has no real defense and enemies love cover.

Have you even played the raid? Each of the main areas are pretty open. You can quite happily stand on a pad in stage #2 and blind the majority of enemies. Same with the boss fight. You can chill in the middle and stop your teammates from having to worry about the enemies. 

RB is indisputably the most useful ability he has.

When you think about it, RJ has a few more uses. It can be used in team efforts with frames like nova. Radial blind is good for support or when you need to revive someone. I just don't see how much more useful RB is compared to RJ. To be honest RB is more of a op ability in duels and conclave and like you said non scaling damage. If you blind an enemy you can do more damage than with RJ

Have you even played the raid? Each of the main areas are pretty open. You can quite happily stand on a pad in stage #2 and blind the majority of enemies. Same with the boss fight. You can chill in the middle and stop your teammates from having to worry about the enemies. 

RB is indisputably the most useful ability he has.

Ok so I haven't taken excalibur to a raid (idk why you would), but outside of raids it is useless. To many nooks and crannies for enemies to hide in.

Survival-to many floors or objects to hide behind

Exterminate-To many walls

Mobile Defense-To many walls and corners

Interception-depends on the map

Spy-maybe

Deception-who plays that

Defense-sure when the enemy is on the pod

This warframe goes from having one thing good at some point to nothing good than back to having one thing good.

I wanted to be sarcastic ... but I really have no more strength to do a battle over a lost cause.

Excal - was great with his dependable RB - now not that dependable since the addition of LoS.

Slash dash - as movement, yeah kind of ok, as damage - You kiddin ?

Super Jump - why does this thing still exists ? Outdated. You can do pretty much the same with directional melee.

So many great ideas of rework of his skill.

Example : combining slash dash + super jump into one utility / movement / escape skill - omni-directional - where U aim U can go.

Radial Javelin - never really liked it. Damage - not that great. Utility - very limited - short stun (like really could be a bit longer). Wouldn't even shed a tear if devs would change it into something else.