Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Teaching Me The "early Access" Or "paid Beta" Lesson Again De.

Irolltwenties

Doing endless missions for 40+ minutes and the host lagging or dropping and disconnecting the entire squad who get a nice "Mission Failed" screen with no rewards makes so much sense.

The logic is real.  Almost two years in and this isn't a priority.  Ridiculous.  But the cash shop works great.  It's my own fault for falling for something that is a business model first and a game second.

Good luck all.  I'll check back periodically to see if this ever gets fixed.

Hey, I agree that the grind is bad and the cash shop looks more appealing. But you are getting to the point of false blame.

Also, this is the forums. No one will be offended or shocked to see you leave.

Sounds like someone's taken in a little too much internet.

No, he's entierly correct.

There is a simple solution. Active Caching. Basically, if you crash, your computer saves the data that you've acquired so far in the mission, and checks it with whats in the server, then makes sure you have what you're missing.

Also, the server needs to actively take snapshots mid-mission so we can keep all our items if we get a host migration.

Doing endless missions for 40+ minutes and the host lagging or dropping and disconnecting the entire squad who get a nice "Mission Failed" screen with no rewards makes so much sense.

The logic is real.  Almost two years in and this isn't a priority.  Ridiculous.  But the cash shop works great.  It's my own fault for falling for something that is a business model first and a game second.

Good luck all.  I'll check back periodically to see if this ever gets fixed.

Warframe is Perma-Beta...overall a good game, but they're never taking it out of Beta so that when you realize how broken the game is, they can just point at the "Beta" sticker

There is a simple solution. Active Caching. Basically, if you crash, your computer saves the data that you've acquired so far in the mission, and checks it with whats in the server, then makes sure you have what you're missing.

Also, the server needs to actively take snapshots mid-mission so we can keep all our items if we get a host migration.

I like the idea of the server taking snapshots of the mission progress, I'd think that would solve a lot of issues.  Though honestly I almost never run into the issues that the OP is talking about.  

Warframe is Perma-Beta...overall a good game, but they're never taking it out of Beta so that when you realize how broken the game is, they can just point at the "Beta" sticker

Warframe already had Alpha and Closed Beta, and it's in Open Beta now because it's still going through big changes.  Like U13 overhauling the melee system and u14 replacing the entire user interface.

The first one is not done because it's open to cheating.  I disconnect, tell my game "Oh yeah I grabbed 50 frost prime helmets" and then reconnect and the server trusts that data?  Nope.

That's not the point, the point is that everything he's said is not of his own tongue. Even his very wording is just pulled off of other things.

For example,

The logic is real.  Almost two years in and this isn't a priority.

His account's only existed for less then 2 months and he's made no posts asking people about any of this.

"The logic is real."

little

too

much

internet.

yea , but for that to work reliable WF would need a rock solid network code.

i don't think DE will toss .net out the airlock and write the core engine from scratch, ever.

in that regard i am glad i only paid 20€ for bugframe.

Complaining that the cash shop is running. Of course it's running, the game is free, DE needs to make money somehow. Otherwise there's no game.

I mean I suppose. but its common belief that if its a free beta, they dont add cash shop till after full release. 

And I suppose until then, the budget just manifests out of air?

No, but at the same time, the pricing is pretty crazy for the most part. A Skana for $10? An archwing and 1k plat for $50 sounds good, until you look at what $50 of plat can get you. Average of like 3-4 frames, maybe 8ish weapons? I've lost track of the average cost of items in WF, but it should be around there IIRC.

No, but at the same time, the pricing is pretty crazy for the most part. A Skana for $10? An archwing and 1k plat for $50 sounds good, until you look at what $50 of plat can get you. Average of like 3-4 frames, maybe 8ish weapons? I've lost track of the average cost of items in WF, but it should be around there IIRC.

THAT is another issue entirely. I agree, most if not all prices are absurd, and DE really should have a look at them (but they won't).

Actually it kinda ties into the main topic here.

No it doesn't. Outrageous prices are unrelated to whether or not there should be a cash shop at all. If there was no cash shop, there'd be no game. Or the game would be payed, and that's a whole other can of worms...

OK, I was a little hot when I posted this so please forgive the hyperbole.

To address the issue this has seemingly morphed into with my "cash shop" comment;  I have no problem with the cash shop.  Like others have said it is absolutely necessary.  Budgets do not manifest themselves out of thin air.  It is completely voluntary to spend money on this game.

Now what bothers me is that they willingly accept my money and yet seem to not address potentially game breaking bugs/design flaws while at the same time expanding said store.  

I was definitely not clear enough.  With that said I have spent money on plat and I will continue to do so because I like the game and believe that good products will always deserve (and receive inevitably) financial backing.

This disconnect happens often enough to be a real problem to me, and I have talked to many people in game about it and I'm definitely not the only one who experiences this.  I just noted 40+ minutes because I'm a fairly patient/forgiving person and getting disconnected 20 minutes in I'm willing to overlook.  But 40 minutes in?  60 minutes in?  I tend to get a little upset after doing 55 minutes and getting disconnected and getting a mission failed message or nothing at all, and receiving no rewards.  It also has been happening more frequently.

Does it happen shortly after an interval of 20?  Go in with a friend, and ask the friend if they disconnected too in the same manner.

I've seen some hosts and key users that aren't up to date on how rewards work now and they'll disconnect the group on purpose if they don't get the reward they want in an attempt to keep the key (because the key used to only get used at the mission complete screen) but nowadays the key is used the moment the first reward pops up so when they do that they're just screwing over the team.

Does it happen shortly after an interval of 20?  Go in with a friend, and ask the friend if they disconnected too in the same manner.

I've seen some hosts and key users that aren't up to date on how rewards work now and they'll disconnect the group on purpose if they don't get the reward they want in an attempt to keep the key (because the key used to only get used at the mission complete screen) but nowadays the key is used the moment the first reward pops up so when they do that they're just screwing over the team.

I have had it happen anywhere between 5m and 55m in.  Occasionally it also happens in conjunction with not being able to pick up loot and sometimes that is a separate issue.  I'm willing to believe poor connection for some of this but not with the increased frequency lately.

I actually do play with quite a few friends who I talk to on TS while we play and they aren't disconnecting voluntarily.  Sometimes it happens when I host and sometimes when others in my circle host.  I've also had it happen with rando's, although of course I can't be sure they weren't doing what you just mentioned.  That also wouldn't explain why sometimes it just lags and then exits me from the mission and says nothing.  Like nothing ever happened and the last 40 minutes never really happened.

It's hard to believe I'm the only one experiencing this.

Edited by Monophthalmus

1. Start a long mission.

2. In your start/globe menu, type in "CMD" and press Enter.
  3. In the black box that comes up, type this with no quotes, and press enter. "cd desktop".
  4. Then in the black box, type this with no quotes and press enter. "ping -t content.warframe.com > ping.txt". It won't appear to do anything, just let it sit .
  5. Play until you disconnect and once you do, go back to the black box and press CTRL+C.
  6. Type "exit" with no quotes and press enter to close the black box.
  7. You should have ping.txt on your desktop. Copy it's contents onto a site like http://pastebin.com/ and link us.

So we can see what happens to ping requests at the time you lose connection.