Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Is Planning To Add Elemental Mod To Pvp 2.0 (Devstream #49)

Hueminator

I am personally against this because imo it is a step backward to conclave 1.0 (might change if they come up with a good solution). If you support the elemental mods, how would you balance it? 

Discuss!

Edit: Btw our PvP DE is DE Joe

Edited by Hueminator

Did they say coptering its going to be removed?

They said it's staying, but might change depending on the PVE Parkour changes.

On Topic:

As for Elemental mods, I think they can work. However, they'd have to be balanced so they'd only impart say the status effect and a TINY bit of extra damage. Since right now, Conclave is pretty decent in terms of Gun TTK.

They need to skip the damage and just implement the procs. Staying with utility-only mods is the way to go to keep balancing simple and effective.

Agreed completely. The damage buff of any elemental mod needs to be tossed aside, leaving you only getting the pure element itself. if they allow damage bonuses to remain, then we will wind right back up at conclave 1.0

They need to skip the damage and just implement the procs. Staying with utility-only mods is the way to go to keep balancing simple and effective.

Meaning bringing back the status chance? Some weapon will have more status chance than the other, which pretty much cause another thing to balance.  Or you mean normalizing status chance also?

Too soon to judge. We know they're gonna implement them but we don't know how they're gonna do it.

I'm pretty sure the community will come up with some good idea to balance this.

Make it REPLACE instead of ADD damage on the weapon.

there, balanced.

This, pretty much. It means that weapons can be specialized, like primary for dropping hp and secondaries for dropping shields or vice versa. It also means weapons can be balanced around status as well. Meaning some are focused on procs and being a support role while others are raw damage.

How would you deal with poison or slash damage (assuming they also include impact/puncture/slash).  Does this mean DE are also adding elemental + status chance resist mod?

Assuming we have slash, then I would hope the do one of two things:

1) Make it so Slash, Gas, Viral and Toxin can only proc once your shields are gone.

And/or

2) Make them only able to drop you to 1 HP on Procs (raw damage both normal and elemental could still kill you though.)

I support the elemental mods. I think it will add more variety of play styles and greater weapon customization. It will reduce the 'time to kill' significantly, making the new Conclave less about abilities and more about using guns. They will probably add the elemental resistance mods as well. 

there, balanced.

I think thats a good idea. Having the mods convert a certain amount of physical damage to a elemental type is better than just adding more damage because if the elemental mod adds more damage it becomes a must to have it equiped.

there, balanced.

THIS!

Making the guns hit harder is not something I want to see in the conclaves.

I don't want this to become one of those games where a couple rounds from an assault rifle kills a person.

That shifts the focus too much on just target acquisition and not enough on counter play within each encounter.

I support the elemental mods. I think it will add more variety of play styles and greater weapon customization.

That's the good part of it.

It will reduce the 'time to kill' significantly, 

That's the bad part of it.

making the new Conclave less about abilities and more about using guns. 

Just lower the damage of abilities. The powers are somewhat problematic right now so we need to just deal with them directly.

All these other "solutions" come with their own problems.

Edited by Ronyn

inb4 everyone will be using cold or viral

I really hope these elemental mods do not ADD damage, and that they just change the damage type for a low chance to proc the related effect.

but to be honest I'd rather not have elemental mods to begin with.

Edited by RIOTx

If they mean purely just status effects, I think it would add greater depth to the strategies.

Imo if purely effect, having all weapon 100% impact damage + status chance is best.

Beside DE haven't really figure out all of what elemental effect does on players.  Example: Electric proc

Edited by Hueminator

I wonder if elemental effects will be reworked for PvP, because currently they mostly act as a damage multiplier (like magnetic 175% damage to shields). Even if they are added for procs alone, that still leaves many elements unviable.

RNG has no place in PvP, period.

Most of the time it sneaks its way in though

Sometimes RNG does help balance things out.

When something is 100% certainty you pretty much have to do less work to achieve whatever you want.  Simply because you don't have what if this fail situation, and come up with a backup plan.  One prime example of this applies in Warframe is Slash and Dash stun.  Would it be so much of an easy kill if your first dash and dash hit but didn't stun?  You still have an edge that your opponent is low health, but your #1 wouldn't be so much of an I win button anymore.

Edited by Hueminator