Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #49 Overview

AM-Bunny

Wow, I forgot about that. No, they didn't mention it once, even in passing. How did they not touch on that? o.o

Actually, I believe Sheldon was reminded about it by someone off-camera, but never answered.

Edited by Katakuna

Did they say anything about why Frost prime, Reaper prime, and Latron prime have been removed from the void drop ?

I can't make up for them missing the question, but I think it's not too difficult a stretch to try to guess why based on what they have spoken about.

We're not too awfully far off from DE's Void 2.0 alterations. This will probably mean pretty big changes, the big one for us players probably being a rewards table rework. 

However what we had now that simply wasn't going to wait was Volt and Odonata Prime coming out into an already cram packed drop table. The guys over at DE likely decided they weren't willing to dilute things any further and vaulted Frost/Latron/Reaper Prime (likely because, due to their age, it's possible many people will have already either obtained and finished with them OR have a set or two of the parts handy to help others do the same.) at least until they can finally address the problem by reworking Void.

I like to think we'll see them come right back either with the Void 2.0 system OR sometime shortly afterwards.

Hopefully I'm right. I'd prefer the answer to be something this simple. I think a lot of us would. I wish a definite answer existed. At least then we'd know exactly whats up.

I can't make up for them missing the question, but I think it's not too difficult a stretch to try to guess why based on what they have spoken about.

We're not too awfully far off from DE's Void 2.0 alterations. This will probably mean pretty big changes, the big one for us players probably being a rewards table rework. 

However what we had now that simply wasn't going to wait was Volt and Odonata Prime coming out into an already cram packed drop table. The guys over at DE likely decided they weren't willing to dilute things any further and vaulted Frost/Latron/Reaper Prime (likely because, due to their age, it's possible many people will have already either obtained and finished with them OR have a set or two of the parts handy to help others do the same.) at least until they can finally address the problem by reworking Void.

I like to think we'll see them come right back either with the Void 2.0 system OR sometime shortly afterwards.

Hopefully I'm right. I'd prefer the answer to be something this simple. I think a lot of us would. I wish a definite answer existed. At least then we'd know exactly whats up.

It may also be that maybe they don't want to much prime items in circulation at once.

Charge attacks update?
  • Charge attacks are returning
  • They will be much more complicated than the previous incarnation
  • They may be implemented into combo chains
  • Click
    to see some of the new Skana charging animations

Sticking charge attacks in combo chains pretty much guarantees that I will never use them. I do not like having to sit through a long animation which roots me in place just to get to one attack. That's a recipe for death.

Reduce the effects of coptoring in PVP?
Not until it's reduced in PVE first. There may be changes coming regarding stamina costs and distance flung.

NO. The first coptering nerf was a horrible idea and rightly got reverted very quickly. Don't do it again.

No, that's wrong. If dilution was a problem, they would have removed some of the crap like cores, keys and cells (and forma in T4 survival)

about the "elemental mods", in my view, theses can only exist in four ways:

1° increase damage against shields and active protections (iron skin-like abilities), but reduced damage against health [nice to start the fight]

2° reduced damage against shield, really increased damage against health [perfect to finish weakened opponents]

3° reduced overall damage, but can deal some kind of status effect, like disarm the target for set amount of time (3 seconds), reduced his speed, drain his energy for each hit, apply radiation status... ["you are not here to kill, but you are here to be annoying"]

4° increased overall damage, but creates additional conditions to access this extra power, like reduced accuracy, increase the movement speed of the target after being hit, only can shot while in zoom mode, each bullet use your energy, you cause more damage while your health is below than 50-25% ... [more challenges for the killer]

the strangest part was precisely the fact that barely in the game use the 3rd and 4th options, because of the status + element  and corrupted mods
will they can achieve this?

Is there a philosophy regarding Warframe balance at higher and lower levels?

Ideally, all frames will be viable at all levels. It has been recognized that utility powers are more useful than pure damage powers at higher levels. Changes are being re-viewed to these damage-based powers to add a way to make them useful. 

I'm going to guess they're going to integrate health-based percentage based damage to the damage-based Powers seeing as late-game mainly consists of bullet sponges.

Noone has been talking about the Sentients. I am very disapointed because they are the biggest dream to fight with. We are created to kill them and if they've been talking about 16.5, and i am quite sure they will appear in this update, why they haven't got show them and their mechanics,

AND ONE MORE Q: WAAAT ? coptering is good but i think they must add 'ballance' mechanic. For example: loki goes parkour in normal, but rhino goes parkour like him and they are at the same speed.Thats STAMINA rework. (sorry for my grammar, i am not very good at english)

Noone has been talking about the Sentients. I am very disapointed because they are the biggest dream to fight with. We are created to kill them and if they've been talking about 16.5, and i am quite sure they will appear in this update, why they haven't got show them and their mechanics,

Just my opinion, but...

Sentients were showcased in the trailer that pre-viewed Parkour 2.0

Parkour 2.0 doesn't have an ETA. Geoff seemed nauseous even thinking about it because there is so much work ahead before it can be implemented. I wouldn't be surprised if Parkour 2.0 - and by association, The Sentients - were slated for a release after Update 17. Sucks, I know.

Update 17 is looking to contain: Sharkwing, Tyl Regor's lab tileset, Tyl Regor overhaul, probably a new frame. J-3 Golem will launch at some point before that as well.