Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Tenno Are Now Made Out Of Normal Flesh?!

DofD

There seems to be no Lotus symbol on that, presumably Excal's, left shoulder. Either this isn't completely official or its (more likely) and oversite.

HOWEVER, OP, can you give us a link? This is honestly a little suspicious without it.

I thought this was obvious from the very first speculations from a year back? Yeah, tenno are flesh and blood wearing suits. You being able to change suits is a game mechanic and I doubt it has anything to do lore wise.

Ordis' end quote in Limbo Theorem confirms otherwise.

"Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution."

A direct statement from an in-game character at the end of an in-game story. We ARE a singular Tenno wearing multiple frames, as far as the game story is confirmed. 

Ordis' end quote in Limbo Theorem confirms otherwise.

A direct statement from an in-game character at the end of an in-game story. We ARE a singular Tenno wearing multiple frames, as far as the game story is confirmed. 

On the same note other Lotus lines tend to support the oppsite, referencing "the original Mirage and Limbo"

Implying a degree of singularity.

Likewise with the Chroma lore, he wears the pelt of a beast that he slew.

In all honesty, you can argue both sides equally well, given the vagueness of what we know for sure.

I prefer to think that some tenno are singular in their warframe choices whilst others choose to occupy different frames. Likewise you have Tenno that retain their physical bodies as well as ones who have left their bodies behind and transcended into an energy being.

Ordis makes all sorts of sarcastic/odd comments.  There is no need to take them all seriously. 

Yeah, that's a weak excuse and we both know it.

Ordis is a little off but he's not a complete d*ck, he was getting attached to Limbo throughout that quest, and basically just watched him die before his eyes. Who the hell makes a sarcastic quip after that? You may dislike Ordis, but that's not in his character.

Not to mention he's the single most loyal and honest figure we as a player have alongside us, betrayed only by his own damaged memories. He, of all character's we met, would know full and well we're swtiching between frames, since we're always pretty much in his LoS, and this was DE confirming that.

On the same note other Lotus lines tend to support the oppsite, referencing "the original Mirage and Limbo"

Implying a degree of singularity.

Likewise with the Chroma lore, he wears the pelt of a beast that he slew.

In all honesty, you can argue both sides equally well, given the vagueness of what we know for sure.

I prefer to think that some tenno are singular in their warframe choices whilst others choose to occupy different frames. Likewise you have Tenno that retain their physical bodies as well as ones who have left their bodies behind and transcended into an energy being.

Just because there was an original doesn't mean there was only one. I stick my by theory on Tenno names - that they were given codenames either aligned with their Warframe or later adapted into the names of the helmets some wore, so once upon a time there was a Mirage-class user Codenamed Mirage, and a Mirage-class user Codenamed Harlequin.

And just like that, the Chroma Warframes could have all gained such pelts - an ancient ritual trial, perhaps, but that's just speculation. Given that we encounter a Chroma and then are able to build a Chroma for ourselves, though, it may simply be that what was once claimed by a Chroma became a standard issue, but we really need more information on WHAT that trophy he wears is in the first place.

I can't see there being BOTH those kinds of Tenno, but I fully agree with the statement "there are those who just use one frame and those who use many". 

Edited by Morec0

"Operator, your choice of Warframe...suits you! Ha...Ha" We are one person donning multiple frames. The frames we use are based off the original Tenno who wore them. In the Orokin Era, during the Sentient War, Warframes were made to specifically accommodate the Tenno they were given to (We see this in Mirage, Limbo, Rhino P, etc). Now, however, the Tenno have lost their memory of how to craft entirely new Warframes, and must simply resort to recreating older ones. Our Tenno are basically the awkward step children wearing big brother's hand-me-downs.

As for why we can change genders and body types? That, I don't know. Maybe it's in the same way a person can both drive a tank and a Corvette, we don't morph to fit into the vehicles we drive, we merely sit in the driver's seat and tell them where to go. I imagine the only reason certain frames are built in certain ways is because they resemble the original wearer, but there's no particular reason a male Tenno couldn't cross-dress for a while and be a Trinity/Mesa/etc. and vice-versa.

Edited by DaDumb1

Yeah, that's a weak excuse and we both know it.

Ordis is a little off but he's not a complete d*ck, he was getting attached to Limbo throughout that quest, and basically just watched him die before his eyes. Who the hell makes a sarcastic quip after that? You may dislike Ordis, but that's not in his character.

Not to mention he's the single most loyal and honest figure we as a player have alongside us, betrayed only by his own damaged memories. He, of all character's we met, would know full and well we're swtiching between frames, since we're always pretty much in his LoS, and this was DE confirming that.

Just because there was an original doesn't mean there was only one. I stick my by theory on Tenno names - that they were given codenames either aligned with their Warframe or later adapted into the names of the helmets some wore, so once upon a time there was a Mirage-class user Codenamed Mirage, and a Mirage-class user Codenamed Harlequin.

And just like that, the Chroma Warframes could have all gained such pelts - an ancient ritual trial, perhaps, but that's just speculation. Given that we encounter a Chroma and then are able to build a Chroma for ourselves, though, it may simply be that what was once claimed by a Chroma became a standard issue, but we really need more information on WHAT that trophy he wears is in the first place.

I can't see there being BOTH those kinds of Tenno, but I fully agree with the statement "there are those who just use one frame and those who use many".

The naming convention I fully agree on.

But as for the state of Tenno, I'd kinda like to think of it as a Tennos life cycle.

Initially a Tenno might be a regular person with void powers, with all the limitations a physical body brings.

At this stage, a Rhino is a Rhino, and a Nekros is a Nekros, no cross over.

In time, a Tennos power grows, up until they reach a point where they can choose to break free of their mortal shell and become something more.

In this state, size, gender, or any physical attribute cease to matter, any Tenno can inhabit any Frame.

It's an elegant solution and fits in with what we know about Tenno from in game