Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good People Or Bad People? How Often Do You See Them?

Chub_N_Tuck

I met the typical sore looser in Conclave.

He was talking about how he was going to report us to support for hacking.

Going full retard, saying support was looking into our accounts as soon as he claimed he made a ticket.

But i always expect this when people start doing competitive gameplay. I guess the toxicness starts with that guy and eventually it'll spread across most of the community.

And that's why I say PvP is bad.

The winning team will be provocative and highly egotistic and the losing team will be bitter ragers and they will blame each other.

If they believed in justice they would talk.

These kids are only 16 years old and they most likely don't know any better. They weren't taught morals or haven't experienced and overcome any harsh times in life in order to see the light of true maturity.

Instead it looks to me like they gave in to the darkness inside them and let themselves become the same things that corrupted them.

Darkness exists inside all of us in order to teach us and for us to resist it but learn from it while doing so, this is what is mean when they say "Your greatest enemy is yourself".

Darkness is not evil though~

When resist against it. You learn from it. 

When you overcome it. You emerge a better and stronger person.

When you fall to it. You become just like it and you lose yourself in the process and fall below your lowest point~

But sometimes when you are below your lowest point, you are open to the greatest change, but for the better or for worse is entirely up to you.

16 year olds not knowing better? I'm not sure where you come from, but I'd say that they did know better and are doing what they are doing because they feel they can get away with it. Chances are, they do the same thing outside of the game. The more we make excuses for this kind of behavior, the more the behavior is perceived as ok, and we end up facilitating that kind of behavior.

16 year olds not knowing better? I'm not sure where you come from, but I'd say that they did know better and are doing what they are doing because they feel they can get away with it. Chances are, they do the same thing outside of the game. The more we make excuses for this kind of behavior, the more the behavior is perceived as ok, and we end up facilitating that kind of behavior.

You will offend those who are 16 years old and younger who have gone through a life time of good and horrible experiences that forced them to mature early on.

Read all of my other posts as well while listening to this. o -o

Also believe it or not. There are people who are 30+ years old who behave the exact same way as well.

Edited by Zarozian

Why should anyone be concerned about offending some rude individuals who have no problem offending and insulting others? It doesn't matter what age they are. If you let them believe that there is nothing wrong with their actions, then they will continue to be rude, insulting, and offensive. They obviously didn't learn how to be respectful or they just don't care about being respectful. They aren't going to naturally mature. That's not how people are. That's not how the brain works. It is naive to think so. It's not about singling out all teenagers (that's the only way a mature teenager would be offended). It's about calling out that behavior as what it is: rude, offensive, insulting, and immature.

And maybe this too. Music can really save people's souls from falling. o -o

But it could also depend on how you perceive the song. My gf thinks its sad like the setting sun at an end of a long day while I see as a rising hope and a fresh new start of a new day~

Why should anyone be concerned about offending some rude individuals who have no problem offending and insulting others? It doesn't matter what age they are. If you let them believe that there is nothing wrong with their actions, then they will continue to be rude, insulting, and offensive. They obviously didn't learn how to be respectful or they just don't care about being respectful. They aren't going to naturally mature. That's not how people are. That's not how the brain works. It is naive to think so. It's not about singling out all teenagers (that's the only way a mature teenager would be offended). It's about calling out that behavior as what it is: rude, offensive, insulting, and immature.

Because that would make you no better than them.

You need to remain above them. Otherwise you become the very things you despise and fight against.

And respect is earned. The definition of respect is a feeling of deep admiration for someone. 

How can they respect you enough to listen to you when they see that you are no better than they are? You will only add fuel to this senseless endless cycle of hate and insults. 

I am telling you this from experience.

I've watched my wife runa round recently and she has a lowbie character....

That's the general tenor of region chat... language and all.

swearing

sexually explicit commentary

I watched her get attacked by G-3 and the person who was in the group with her not only didn't help, but refused to help.

That person was a MR 6.

She was MR1 or 2 running around on an un-potatoed starter Mag with a Braton MK-1.

Alternately, I watched my son run around in the new conclaves and players were encouraging and reasonably friendly.

No joke... Between watching each of them play the cleaner and more congenial environment was in the conclaves.

Watching my wife get downed by G3 because of that jerks antics made me wish they had put a bounty system in game.

As it is, I have to replace the Split Chamber that dropped for her right before she got downed by the other two G3 members.

I've seen both sides of what you're saying in Conclave. Mostly people are respectable and commendable in Conclave but there will always be a few that takes a diffrent path.

It's quite nice to see people react differently, instead of swearing and telling you that you're trash and so on for winning some (like I had a few today) had as a goal to hunt me down. Which they told me. They didn't gegt offended by me going on a killing spree with 87 kills and 12 deaths, instead they wanted to see if they could just kill me at all as a team.

People seem to talk less in PvE because it's not needed, yet I find maybe 10% of those who talk to be like this. If you're friendly and show respect people do the same back no matter the age. I've had 12 year olds showing better manners than those who're 25+. but then the other way around sometimes as well.

I've found that people enjoy if you commend them for nice work, especially in PvP but in PvE it works as well. If no one have said something before and you start off with being friendly and cheering, people do tend to later reply positively to you and/or even add you to their friends list if they want a friendly Tennos aid later with anything.

Someone said in here that you shouldn't have replied and I disagree, yet I do believe it's important in those situations to be calm and be more nice than you should. And also have a grammar/spelling that's 100% proper English. I've found that to be the best way to tackle trolls and rude people instead of going "y u haf to be mad?" Or something else like that. It seems to trigger people more to attack you if you're using words like "cuz" or "ur".

This is all from personal experience tho and using full length of words and putting it like "you're" or "because" instead of "ur" and "cuz" also seem to make people think you're more mature and more mentally stable. (Yet again, personal experience and what I've been told). Feel free to break down what I've said if anyone disagrees.

The worst person I met was somebody that wanted way to much plat for a trade, and then got REALLY mad when I declined their price. They didn't stop the verbal abuse for almost half an hour.

I later got the item for less than half of what they were asking.

At this point I was actually just amused with their behavior, so I decided to egg them on and tell them how much I got the item for. They were livid.

For those who were curious about the item, it was an unranked Split Chamber. They wanted 45p for it. I picked another one up for 15p.

The best random I've run into was a a person that cleared the entirely of Uranus with me awhile back.

Edited by (PS4)fizzer94

And that's why I say PvP is bad.

The winning team will be provocative and highly egotistic and the losing team will be bitter ragers and they will blame each other.

Not really true. That happens yes, but if you're respectfull and sometimes teasing a lot of people show respect. If you're making good plays and take a lead people will either commend you for it or go at you. Now because I try to be social in some PvP games and tease, I've very little of the "negative" stuff that comes along. But it does happen and those I put on the ignore until the end of the match where I unignore them.

This is the type of stuff that really gets on my nerves.

Why can't people treat other people like people?

It is utterly ridiculous. Especially on the internet when anonymity is a factor. In my opinion people should be less harsh towards other people when information about that other person is unknown. It seems to remove racial barriers that sadly still exist and such. I just can't understand how people act like they do. I don't even like people anymore.

Not really true. That happens yes, but if you're respectfull and sometimes teasing a lot of people show respect. If you're making good plays and take a lead people will either commend you for it or go at you. Now because I try to be social in some PvP games and tease, I've very little of the "negative" stuff that comes along. But it does happen and those I put on the ignore until the end of the match where I unignore them.

In my opinion silence is still golden.

I feel like people ignored all my previous posts on this thread. Q ^Q

Edited by Zarozian

Eh you get good and bad people, shame you ran into some.. sour lot. 

Honestly i've ran into bad people a few times, just mouthing off for the sake of mouthing off.

But i dont anymore, because i play with people i trust and care about, and they do visa versa so its all good.

In my opinion silence is still golden.

I feel like people ignored all my previous posts on this thread. Q ^Q

I disagree, I find more enjoyment in playing and talking to people in any type of mission. Most of all I enjoy talking about builds and mods with lowered ranked people who might not have all the mods in the game. And maybe afterwards give out a overextended to a Nova or a transient Fortitude to a Saryn. It is enjoyable to see how people react when they get stuff for free. Especially if it's something they've been hunting for a long one:)

But yea, if you don't like talking, being quiet works as well, but not for me.

I disagree, I find more enjoyment in playing and talking to people in any type of mission. Most of all I enjoy talking about builds and mods with lowered ranked people who might not have all the mods in the game. And maybe afterwards give out a overextended to a Nova or a transient Fortitude to a Saryn. It is enjoyable to see how people react when they get stuff for free. Especially if it's something they've been hunting for a long one:)

But yea, if you don't like talking, being quiet works as well, but not for me.

There is some enjoyment is playing with random people sometimes, yes but when you run into people that mouth off, it can put someone off for a very long time a leave a bad taste in their mouth with working with random people.

I for one love playing with random people occasionally, but i prefer my friends. Good to see some diversity here.

There is some enjoyment is playing with random people sometimes, yes but when you run into people that mouth off, it can put someone off for a very long time a leave a bad taste in their mouth with working with random people.

I for one love playing with random people occasionally, but i prefer my friends. Good to see some diversity here.

Friends or people you have on Teanspeak or just aomeone you know Ingame and only type to but can rely on is alwas something I prefer when I'm wanting to play serious and go far in endless missions. For lesser maps like a T1 survival 40 minutes, I don't really care and even if someone goes nuts and fail I'll always be able to clean up the mess:)

There is a lot of anger towards the "randoms" and it's quite fun thinking of the fact that to someone else, you're the random, so they might not be so gentle either towards you if you mess it up and then you're the random that people dislike.

Personally, just enjoy your time and be casual and respectfull. People will accept and appreciate you for it:)

Edited by Casperh40

95% of the time I play with randoms, and I've honestly only had a handful of bad encounters that weren't even directed towards me. I'm lucky and happy to say that I've experienced a lot more good/fun matches if anything, but most of the time the squads I find myself in dont talk via text or voice (too shy myself to start up anything.) I like helping random new guys get their first non-starter warframes (since that's how I got mine, through the help of a friend), giving away prime weapons to low MRs, going out of my way to revive (though I think that's just common courtesy) and just generally being as nice as I can so hopefully I can be that one random nice encounter to someone ; v ;)/ It's amazing how appreciative people can be and it just done warms my lil ol heart to help out.

I think...I honestly think the last "bad" encounter I had were a few people squabbling over Chroma's worth. At some point it escalated into voice and I just hear someone shout along the lines of "SCRUB A DUB DUB TWO SCRUBS IN A TUB YOURE A F-ING SCRUB" and I think I almost cried laughing -- I never heard the words "scrub a dub dub" said with so much anger before. Even before that, when Limbo first dropped, a Frost made our Limbo AFK in a defense because the Frost was just tearing into this poor guy telling him how worthless Limbo was and how dumb it was for him to play that frame :(

But those two are actually the only instances I can recall of unruly players. Makes me sad tho because I know a few individuals who will no longer play public because they've been so turned off from their experiences.

Edited by Kadabura

North America - West here. While it is usually quite when in the void I usually have conversations. So 80-90% of the time there is silence when on the galaxy map but when in the void about 95% of the time there is some kind of conversation. Now I am probably more of a "filthy casual" with only 700 hours since 2013, but I haven't really met anyone with a bad attitude like in the OP.

EDIT: The worst thing I can remember is logging into one of the Earth Exter. mission while farming for Kubrow eggs and having two players start talking the instant I join through voice chat. It was basically this:

Tenno 1: "Who the heck just joined?!!"

Tenno 2: "I don't know. But maybe he can help."

Tenno 1: "Whatever."

Pretty harmless overall. I just ignored the conversation and kept playing.

Edited by erikandrew