Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good People Or Bad People? How Often Do You See Them?

Chub_N_Tuck

e5hg6b4.jpg

vkcnh7L.jpg

I joined Cambria, Earth to rank up my chroma and I received these words from two players. The other one whom I erased name in green was actually their friend, and he apologized instead.

The thing is, I saw a lot of profanity and childish behaviors like this this past month. Could be my bad luck.

How often do you see this kind of behavior? Probably not to this extent, but anything of this sort. I'm really curious, since I always thought Warframe community is nice.

http://strawpoll.me/3985369

Well some people are just... yea you know, just ignore them. Which reminds me i was once called a retard on finnish because the other one believed that their ability was better than mine...

Sillyness overload :P but i usually play solo so i dont see much to stuff like this but it happens from time to time.

I've watched my wife runa round recently and she has a lowbie character....

That's the general tenor of region chat... language and all.

swearing

sexually explicit commentary

I watched her get attacked by G-3 and the person who was in the group with her not only didn't help, but refused to help.

That person was a MR 6.

She was MR1 or 2 running around on an un-potatoed starter Mag with a Braton MK-1.

Alternately, I watched my son run around in the new conclaves and players were encouraging and reasonably friendly.

No joke... Between watching each of them play the cleaner and more congenial environment was in the conclaves.

Watching my wife get downed by G3 because of that jerks antics made me wish they had put a bounty system in game.

As it is, I have to replace the Split Chamber that dropped for her right before she got downed by the other two G3 members.

Can't say I've seen any behavior of the sort yet. Granted, I haven't been playing that long, but even on Draco and Semine and other supposedly more toxic areas it's been pretty good.

Worst thing I've had was being called a noob by rhinoobs with boltor p and pre-nerf synoid for playing Hydroid. Any comments on their side were automatically rendered invalid by their choice of equipment and by being downed several times in a T2 survival before the 40 mins mark.

Edited by Hyenasaurus

swearing

I watched her get attacked by G-3 and the person who was in the group with her not only didn't help, but refused to help.

That person was a MR 6.

She was MR1 or 2 running around on an un-potatoed starter Mag with a Braton MK-1.

Alternately, I watched my son run around in the new conclaves and players were encouraging and reasonably friendly.

No joke... Between watching each of them play the cleaner and more congenial environment was in the conclaves.

Watching my wife get downed by G3 because of that jerks antics made me wish they had put a bounty system in game.

As it is, I have to replace the Split Chamber that dropped for her right before she got downed by the other two G3 members.

oh yeah I forgot about region chat. Some people are really rude there..

I've met a few nimrods but for the most part, folks are pretty nice when they do chat. Just luck of the draw really. So in this case, you're definitely having bad luck, those guys were awful, no matter the age.

Hope your luck gets better! I've been pleased with the community the last few days that I've been helping a brand new player. Everyone has been really patient, helpful, and kind towards the newblet, even when I dragged them out to Ceres or tier 3 tower. It's been keeping them playing a lot.

And yeah... region chat. I stay out of there. >_>

swearing

That person was a MR 6.

If you guys would like some help from time to time or just hang out, add me in-game.

I tend to use profanity if people don't understand after 2 nice and polite requests (i.e. stay here - I will use Vortex vs Infested in defence so Nekros can desecrate all corpses in one spot and we don't need to run all over the map to collect the loot (when we don't have a greedy pull mag)). Works wonders.

6 years old lol. Either he's lying, his parents failed or they simply don't care.

Anyways I rarely encounter that kind of behaviour. The worst players I meet are usually afkers or leeches which don't contribute anything. Verbal abuse I see rarely.

Might as well weigh in here.

Most of my experiences running stuff recently have been great, mostly because I run with people I get to know in Council chat.

If I do run a Pub match often it is because I just want to play something, and don't care about the social side.

On the other hand I do often make an effort to say hi to the guys in my lobby and get a bit of banter going, and possibly offer tips.

If someone is being toxic in chat often I will laugh at it or just switch channels.

As far as skill goes, I usually go in prepared to carry a game solo, unfortunately this can mean that I ignore downed teammates in favour of hitting life support, or getting the 17 infested off of the pod.

On the other hand I actually had a pretty bad experience today with a guy in a raid.

Most of the guys there were ones I run with frequently, and we all have a good handle on things.

But this one random guy was just awful, to the point of seeming like he was trying to be bad.

In part 1 he lagged behind and went down frequently.

In part 2, he refused to stand on a pad, and when he eventually did, it was on the one that I already was holding

And finally in the Tram section, he somehow managed to step on and off of the pad so rapidlu that the core pretty much lost 5k hp instantly.

So really my experience with players in this game is either positive or unimportant, though there are some bad eggs