Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Remake Suggestions

Atomic_Cybersystems

Hello.. As many of us know, chroma became one of most unuseful frames at the moment. He is not the strongest on in every role of party endgame: not best in damage, neither in crowd-control, nor support (healing / buffing / debuffing).

So, i have such suggestions that would make him really viable in every game stage and still the same frame in common:

1. His fisrt ability should be frontal one-time aoe with 100% status. Using this ability will switch croma to next energy color (fire -> electro -> toxin -> ice).

2. Significantly increase both status chance (50-80%) and radius (25m) of 2nd ability. If chroma uses 1 ability, aura turns off. Aura can be cancelled now if used again.

3. electricity aura should restore twice more shields, than health from fire aura (health is more viable resource due to absense of regeneration). So, 400 shields regeneration when going into aura for teammates and same 400 for self.

4. Remake status types with such way:

1st status = old_status_1 + old_status_2 (fire and electro, radiation);

2nd status = old_2 + old_3 (electro and toxin, corrosive);

3rd = viral;

4th = blast.

5. Syndicate mod that gives 3rd ability buff for every teammate in radius (radius = 2nd ability radius)

6. Make 4th ability, ultimate, one-time-cast. Chroma places ultimate and it fires until time is down or until destroyed. This ability should benefit from range and duration mods. This ability should taunt neaby enemies and have same armor stats as chroma's.

Im just gonna go ahead and ask:

What the heck is wrong with Chroma?!? Do people even play him before assuming he's bad, just because a bug with his effigy was fixed?

Of all the frames that need looking at, Chroma is easily one of the most fun, interesting, and balanced frames out there. Seriously, why do people assume he needs a rework or that he's utter s*%t? Bearing in mind people only feel this way after a non-intended feature of his Effigy was FIXED.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

Im just gonna go ahead and ask:

What the heck is wrong with Chroma?!? Do people even play him before assuming he's bad, just because a bug with his effigy was fixed?

they just want every frame to be a loki or rhino......just ignore these ppl, I still bet ppl don't even know how to play limbo 

Get out of here, i'm having a blast with Chroma, he is my favourite frame, he is a beast for melee and effigy provides a great support ability for ranged combat, his only "weak" ability is his first and is still a LOT better than most of other frames's first.

Really dude, just get out.

Edited by Orbister

they just want every frame to be a loki or rhino......just ignore these ppl, I still bet ppl don't even know how to play limbo 

Thing is, i love Choma because of how versatile he can be. And even better, he's not bad at whatever you choose him to be.

And even more better, he isnt a press 4 to win frame. As you said, this is likely the issue with some people. Like with Limbo (Although maybe to a lesser extent), you have to spend time with him and learn to play him.

Tank, Mini-Healer, Defence, Support, +4 elemental possibilities. Chroma is Unique, fun, and definitely not one that needs any form of rework.

i wish the effigy ability had a better AI

Many of us do, but at least thats a small fix and not a ridiculous rework like some people feel he "needs".

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

Well most of what you wrote is nonsense.

Except ultimate.

It drains $&*&*#(%& amounths of energy, and only credit farm chromas use it.

It would be better if it was duration based instead of energy

Except ultimate.

It's good for defending a hallway and such. However it could probably do with better targeting/aggro and a slight decrease in energy/sec. Other than that it's a refreshing ability to use as an Ultimate.

It's good for defending a hallway and such. However it could probably do with better targeting/aggro and a slight decrease in energy/sec. Other than that it's a refreshing ability to use as an Ultimate.

Well lets say it needs some tweaks.

10 energy per second is too much for any skill.

And it's an unreliable AI ffs

Except ultimate.

Except it doesn't drain much energy if you use a little thing called efficiency, and any Chroma that knows how to use the frame will know that Effigy's CC is actually very useful and wholly effective.

Yes, of course. Because every single frame needs to be specialized, and we can't possibly have a frame that's good at many things without necessarily excelling in one of them. Let's remake this 10 days old frame, I'm sure there's nothing else more urgent in need of any attention.

[size=8][/sarcasm][/size]

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Except it doesn't drain much energy if you use a little thing called efficiency, and any Chroma that knows how to use the frame will know that Effigy's CC is actually very useful and wholly effective.

Well oh thank you mate i clearly havent thought about that!

No.

You want to keep your ward and vex armor all the times, if the time runs out you lose your bonuses of vex armor.

So you need as high duration as possible,

The minute you put fleeting expertise on chroma, you pretty much kill the duration, so only streamline is an option.

If you want to play high levels of course

Well oh thank you mate i clearly havent thought about that!

No.

You want to keep your ward and vex armor all the times, if the time runs out you lose your bonuses of vex armor.

So you need as high duration as possible,

The minute you put fleeting expertise on chroma, you pretty much kill the duration, so only streamline is an option.

If you want to play high levels of course

I only have streamline on, works fine for me.

I only have streamline on, works fine for me.

So you say 7 energy drain per second is fine?

Thats 70 in 10 seconds(i am smart)

And that thing uses his cc after 2 seconds he shows up, and waits a couple of seconds to use it again.

It 

is

too

much

Except ultimate.

duration based effigy would be cool indeed.

So much rage-answeres...

So i am starting to think that most of this community plays on mercury-earth-whatever.

No team will take chroma as support (trinity and oberon heals and buffs better).

No team will take croma as crowd-controller (vauban, nyx, loki and many more frames has true cc).

No team will take chroma as dps or dps-buffer (mirage, nova).

No team will take chroma as utility frame (frost, limbo, nekros, mag).

He doesn't fit to any good party (and rhino too, by the way): no place in raid for him, no place in long T4 defenses (40+waves) or survival (50+ minutes). He is just a pub-stomper for noob-runs, nothing more.

Chroma has nothing for teamplay comparing even to rhino, that is rarely or never picked up in hard missions.

Edited by Atomic_Cybersystems

So much rage-answeres...

So i am starting to think that most of this community plays on mercury-earth-whatever.

No team will take chroma as support (trinity and oberon heals and buffs better).

No team will take croma as crowd-controller (vauban, nyx, loki and many more frames has true cc).

He doesn't fit to any good party (and rhino too, by the way): no place in raid for him, no place in long T4 defenses (40+waves) or survival (50+ minutes). He is just a pub-stomper for noob-runs, nothing more.

Chroma has nothing for teamplay comparing even to rhino, that is rarely or never picked up in hard missions.

Please tell me your Forum account is different to your actual one... you're an initiate...

Anyway:

No. I've used Chroma for nearly every bit of content in high levels (Minus the Raid, i have no interest in it). Either you don't know how the heck to mod him, or you just don't know how to even use him.

Makes me laugh how he has "Nothing for Team Play" but he brings more to the table in terms of versatility than many other frames do. Seriously, learn to play the frame.

It's like when players called Limbo bad when they havent even learnt how to play him. Even i haven't tried to learn him but i know he's not bad at all. Chroma is a hell of a lot more high-level ready than Rhino ever will be, so you can't compare that here.

None of what you say makes any sense or is even something i can take seriously.

You act like every new frame has to work exactly like another frame does. Just because Chroma is unique and not press-4-to-win, he isnt viable or useful in any team. That's flawed logic if i've ever seen it.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

So much rage-answeres...

Wrong.

Chroma is a tank, only surpassed by valkyr because of Godmode.

Xhdp3RO.jpg?1

2 full Naritas and i lived through it. The full duration of hex and ele ward

Chroma is an extremely versatile frame, he can fill the role of pesudo healer with fire or a straight up tank. His ult can provide great panic CC.

If you're going to critique  a frame learn to play him first, as your post reeks of ignorance.

As evident that you call him a pubstomper when his DPS abilities are laughably low.

Edited by cozzi21

So much rage-answeres...

If you need friends, I'll invite next time we're on together. As everyone's said, there's nothing really wrong with him. Yes he needs tweaks e.g. Green/venom energy but these things can be overcome quite easily. You just need to know how to mod, equip and play him. I've used him exclusively for the last week, and he's my 2nd fav after Loki. Just experiment and you'll soon find he does certain things very well

I think Chroma is good, i dont think he needs a total rework as you say, maybe a few tweaks here and there to really solidify him into endgame but hes really close.  

this is a video of MaxFable aka FaitKO taking chroma for about a 30 minutes solo run in a t4 void, any frame that can do that cant be as bad as you say.

His only ability i never really touch is his first but thats not Chroma's fault thats a recurring trend in the game in general that needs to be addressed, augments were supposed to do that but of course fell kind of short 

And saying he doesnt do something as good as another frame isn't really that great of an arguments its valid but only too a point. Chroma will never support like trinity because thats all shes does and thats all she was designed for, no frame will be as good as trinity at healing and energy restore, same with only a few frames even being able to match Vauban at CC (Loki and Nova maybe but they cant completely lock down a wave of enemies like Vauban can) Chroma was designed to be a tanky versatile frame, his ability to change elements is only a testimony to his versatility. Slap on a scindo prime or berserker dragon nikana, rage, life strike, primed flow, some duration and watch as Chroma slices his way through hoards of enemies. Playing chroma against high level infested on Sechura has been some of the most fun i've had in long time