Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait.. What Valkyr ? Why :/

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I don't think anyone knows what she looked like before Corpus touched her. Current Valkyr is what the final result of Corpus meddling with a warframe looks like.

Im not really following any lore, so i could be wrong.

For all we know, the normal her could have been a flower loving do-gooder. Not a i'll rip-you-in half while screaming girl.

I'd actually like to see more "twisted" frames, they have this seriousness about them.

Edited by kiteohatto

The original Valkyr was capture/tortured by Alad V. This is the Valkyr we know now. This can lead to 2 things. An "untouched" version of her with the Corpus meddlings, which may or may not have a prime variant.

Ingame Valkyr is more likely Valkyr Vandal because of alad V.

It is true she was captured, tortured, and experimented on.

However, it is NOT true that she cannot be Primed. The statement that she was "made by the Corpus" is a misinterpretation of what happened to her - she wasn't built by the Corpus and gained her powers through a Warframe they forged, she had her already-existing Warframe powers twisted and perverted into what they are now by the aforementioned tortures.

It's at this juncture you run into two types of people: those that think she was a completely different frame before and those that think she simply had her powers altered to be fueled by her rage and pain as they are now.

I am in the latter category, given again the Corpus and Grineer simply don't have the technology to create a Warframe from scratch like that. Whatever Valkyr Prime's visual aesthetic will be, I bet on her "audio aesthetic" (her battle cries and whatnot) being one of two things: honorable valkyrie warrior, or battle-lusting blood knight.

Because of her Corpus influence, there  is doubt that she can be primed, though there is a possibility since the Tenno can create primes now (maybe just weapons, but I'm still hopeful) but her prime would most likely be an untouched version of Valkyr. Ask Server in Larunda Relayfor more info, he might have something for you.

The current incarnation of Valkyr was "created" by Salad V.

The Warframe she was before the torture was a different one, and that one would be the one to get Primed.

Therein lies the conundrum.

This represents the "Valkyr was a totally different frame with different abilities" path I mentioned. I disagree with it but without further proof it's impossible to tell.

There was a previous version of Valkyr before Alad torture her so its not created by the corpus but i dont know if that pre-tortured version is the prime version.

Im pretty sure Valkyr will get a prime version in the future and hopefully she will come with some lore about all of this.

Edited by Rhaenxys

I personally would love if a Valkyr Prime would be unique among Prime-Warframes for differing from the "regular" version in more than just looks and slight stat-changes/polarities.

Valkyr Prime might keep Ripline for mobility and CC, but get 3 entirely different abilities from what Valkyr has. This would be awsome (except for Hysteria-fanboys, but Valkyr Prime isn't that angry you know...).

Additionally, DE might want to give us a skin for regular Valkyr that features her complete armor without the corpus-bits.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Because of her Corpus influence, there  is doubt that she can be primed, though there is a possibility since the Tenno can create primes now (maybe just weapons, but I'm still hopeful) but her prime would most likely be an untouched version of Valkyr. Ask Server in Larunda Relayfor more info, he might have something for you.

They can't create their own Primes. No one can. The Primes are the result of Orokin-era craftsmanship, and with no Orokin around and our own memories gone we can only do what we do not: find the bits and bobbles of the past and piece them together as best we can. I like to think that the removal of things like Frost Prime and Latron Prime just go to show how limited those numbers actually are (though in reality it's a business decision, likely without effect on the game-world).

I personally would love if a Valkyr Prime would be unique among Prime-Warframes for differing from the "regular" version in more than just looks and slight stat-changes/polarities.

Valkyr Prime might keep Ripline for mobility and CC, but get 3 entirely different abilities from what Valkyr has. This would be awsome (except for Hysteria-fanboys, but Valkyr Prime isn't that angry you know...).

Don't have to be angry to have a Hysteria - it can be brought on by any emotion, from anger, to sadness, to even joy.

Don't have to be angry to have a Hysteria - it can be brought on by any emotion, from anger, to sadness, to even joy.

Hysteria is apparently the ultimate outcome of her being recklessly experimented on, and doesn't make much sense on a non-tortured Valkyr at all.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Hysteria is apparently the ultimate outcome of her being recklessly experimented on.

I think Hysteria - and even Warcry - being fueled by her hate and rage and, most of all, pain is the ultimate outcome of that. I think her original form had those same abilities but they were fueled by another emotion/state of mind.

Either a sense of noble duty (if Valkyr Prime is given the "honorable warrior" route)

Or just sheer, frivolic JOY at seeing enemies meet her in battle and be slaughtered by her (if Valkyr Prime is given the "blood knight" route)

I think Hysteria - and even Warcry - being fueled by her hate and rage and, most of all, pain is the ultimate outcome of that. I think her original form had those same abilities but they were fueled by another emotion/state of mind.

Either a sense of noble duty (if Valkyr Prime is given the "honorable warrior" route)

Or just sheer, frivolic JOY at seeing enemies meet her in battle and be slaughtered by her (if Valkyr Prime is given the "blood knight" route)

If her twisted version is about screaming, pain and being a maniac then her original version must be a polar opposite ?

So, singing for joy, friendship and some dancing ? That sounds pretty bizzare, but i like it :P.

Edited by kiteohatto

Hysteria as a word already implies an unstable mental state, temporary or permanent doesn't really matter.

Valkyr Prime having a completely different kit makes more sense and would overall be way more interesting, also it would make her a truly >unique< Prime.

Unless she was always a berserker to begin with.

There is nothing in her description that goes into that direction. Not saying it's not a subject to possible change, but currently it's what we got.

From what is told, the Valkyr we know and her rage are the >result of the experiments<.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

If her twisted version is about screaming, pain and being a maniac then her original version must be a polar opposite ?

So, singing for joy, friendship and some dancing ? That sounds pretty bizzare, but i like it :P.

No really, imagine having Valkyr Prime use Hysteria and just bursting into maniacal laughter or just giving a joyous exclamation as she charges herself up to engage all enemies around her and, basically, get off on ripping them limb from limb.

At least, that would be the blood-knight, the "heroic warrior" would have a sort of "leading the way" type cries, but that's boring so give us the blood knight DE!

Hysteria as a word already implies an unstable mental state, temporary or permanent doesn't really matter.

Valkyr Prime having a completely different kit makes more sense and would overall be way more interesting, also it would make her a truly >unique< Prime.

Primes aren't meant to be unique, they're the more powerful versions of the frames we acquire normally. To have Valkyr Prime use her own abilities that have no connection at all to the current Valkyr would completely undermine that connection and not make it Valkyr Prime but <New Frame> Prime.

I continue to attest: give her a heroic/blood knight voice over for her abilities, give her the complete, un-tested-upon look, change her Hysteria's visual effect to Baraka-style blades or a sword-and-board axe, and you have Valkyr Prime, ready to go.

Unless she was always a berserker to begin with.

^ And this is what I am saying.

There is nothing in her description that goes into that direction.

From what is told, the Valkyr we know and her rage are the >result of the experiments<.

Her current hate and rage, yes, but if she was the blodo knight type she has the fuel and personality for a hysteria-type attack as well.

Ultimately, it comes down to the dollar: and if the Valkyr-fanboys don't get a VALKYR Prime but instead a <New Frame> Prime they will be ANGRY and less likely to buy the Prime Access, costing DE money. Because of this, DE will, mostly likely, take the explanations I have put forth and use that as the basis for a future Valkyr Prime.