Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Enjoys Camping?(Campers Unite)

So apparently camping is not a "suitable" playstyle. Then what is? Standing out in the open, using no abilities whatsoever (for that would be "abusing" abilities a la vivergate, as they say), and being shot at by enemies from every direction?

Or is it about running around trying to shoot (but you won't be able to aim as you'll slow down) with hordes of enemies in front of you (without using abilities for the same reason above)? How will you get out of the crowd of enemies? Run? (you'll bump into enemies) Coptor? (DE is scrapping this)

Which one do I prefer?

- Everyone running around doing their own thing, with complete silence.

or

- The whole team sitting in one place, working together, talking to pass time

Obviously the latter.

>Implying you cant chat while not camping.

Personally, the reason I like the game is not the loot, but the speed and freedom of movement.

I'd rather be bouncing off walls and enemies for 40 minutes than sitting in a corner spamming powers for both 10, or 60+ minutes.

^ right and we understand...the key phrase is 'PERSONALLY......I'D RATHER be bouncing off the walls....."...It's your choice and I'm cool with that. But let the people who want to camp have their choice too. All the non-campers like to rail on the campers and then go talk about choices and what theydather do personally. If you rather do it PERSONALLY then that means is a PERSONAL choice not a mandate of the game.

And yes camping in many situations is more efficient. Period. And There are plenty of times where you get into a game and people don't mic up or don't want to talk. But usually if you get a bunch of people who WANT to camp together, they do in fact communicate otherwise they would never end up in the same spot camping in the first place.

So communication between people who want to camp is more consistent then communication from a bunch of people who just want to run around.

Which one do I prefer?

- Everyone running around doing their own thing, with complete silence.

or

- The whole team sitting in one place, working together, talking to pass time

Obviously the latter.

''Everyone running around doing their own things, with complete silence'' - ether Skype/TeamSpeak with your friends fixes that. And yes i know you cant skype/TS with randoms...

''Everyone running around doing their own things, with complete silence'' - ether Skype/TeamSpeak with your friends fixes that. And yes i know you cant skype/TS with randoms...

Agreeing with your point Lynxz1r0z and continuing off of it,  (this is directed @Shifted)

You can turn on voice in game, or you can also pause for two seconds when your not out in the open and shooting things to... talk/respond, I've done it before :O  so if you 'NEED' to be camping to talk in game... you really should learn to type faster :P

Well camping is not such a big dilemma that we can say ur tactic is a toxic to be frank my most used weapon is sniper vandal and i always be running around with that things and shooting.camping was never really a thing i do i always wanted to but none ever want to on my team.

The fact is their is an appropriate time and place for each tactic for the 1st few minute in survival camping not such a good idea enemies spawning isn't that big and you need to try to keep life support capsules but for longer times yeah camping is advise more effective a lot of bonding time and you get the chance to see your sustainability in a close space.The main fact is we are Tenno Warrior God in metal armor and every warrior has its own tactic example

Toxic Chroma(energy syphon(forma once)(quick thinking and rage and flow can be changed for another thing i just always used this thing cause they save me in the long run(mainly me))

rage Quick thinking flow marathon fleeting expertise streamline

reflex guard and deflection

Melee mainly

weapon with parry and life steal(or whatever you want to run)

Very good blocking potential and you can keep this up for as long as you wish

but this form of build is not effective for extermination

basic idea using toxic stamina boost from stamina so that your blocking does not fully consume your stamina

this is just one example each frame has is potential(max duration irradiation dissarm build) with invi taking you behind enemy line then doing disarm near the big guys you can quickly get the enemy to kill get rid of each other

this build is not so hot in defense but is effective if you can use it right 

Narrow minded

continuity

fleeting(60%)

essence helmet(15% )=(this 2 equal the max percent you can go down with cooldown)

constitute 

quick thinking

rage

irradiate

natural talent(good for spamming)

yes this build does take down the rage but you can now keep the enemy in discord against each other 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this are just tiny example of different ways to use frame and just like their different way to fight(in my opinion when i run solo i like)

and is alright if each play style does not provide the same benefits that because each play style can only truly provide their worth when their time is right.

I don't mind, the host can make the call, as long as it actually works. A couple of times a host has called for camp of a void survival almost from the start, and then the LS ran to zero way before it needed to with plenty of resupplies still on the map . It's like they hear other people talking about camping but then don't know what to do other than stand in the sewers and wait for enemies.