Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Enjoys Camping?(Campers Unite)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I do thoroughly enjoy camping, though I will admit its because I enjoy the tankier frames, and its a major pain for me to keep up with all the players that rush, especially when everyone else runs off in different directions and I'm stuck in the middle wondering which way to go is best.

Of course, to each their own.

Sure... I can acknowledge that there indeed are people that enjoy tunnel camping (mole people I call them).

There are also people that enjoy stabbing themselves in the eye, and both I shall avoid if at all possible.

Also, there are simpler ways of coming out with the fact that you are a masochist you know... I jest... mostly...

Edited by LocoWithGun

between camping and running around on the map reviving, dying, messing up the spawns and having trouble keeping the entire team united, i think i prefer camping.

Camping is more eficient, i can't ask other players to play in a way that raises the chance of a team failure, i choose the best option for success, if others want to die, then die all you want, i'll keep camping.

Regular gameplay packs more action sure, but since camping is mostly used for survivals, that hardly matters, it's a single gamemode out of many around.

I do not understand why players don't camp, but i'm not going to force them to camp either, i play my way and that means no one tells me how to play, i happilly like the influx of good ideas to make my gameplay better and my runs have an even higher chance of success, but as for not camping in a survival, i'll pass that sugestion ty

It's not about that.  It's not that they should remove camping. It's that it's way, way, way, more effective then anything else.  So for people who do NOT like camping, we're out of luck. And I don't mean a little bit more effective either. 

They shouldn't remove camping, they should make other tactics equally valid.  That might mean nerfing the effectiveness of camping.  That might mean buffing the effectiveness of run-n-gun.  But something needs to change.

Nothing wrong with camping. Its like playing defense without an additional fail condition.

I was playing survival last night and we were holed up in a corner of a large room. My team consist of volt, vauban, nekros, and mag (me).

Volt provided shields for protection and shock for abit of cc, nekros desecrated and terrify if someone went down, vauban threw his balls, and i pulled, polarised and crushed (and a single attractor, because for fun).

At no point were we just standing still. We kept moving within a confined space ( the space was abit larger than the void defense area), and we were spamming abilities and shooting enemies with our gun (to the point someone ran out of ammo lol). It was really fun.

Maybe camping in a nice sniper spot or something. Camping in the sewers is horrible in my opinion, especially given that it's just enemies being exploited to not be able to do much to you. Biggest beef is just lack of being really able to see anything though.

But yeah, I guess there's nothing wrong with liking it. Camping is pretty necessary on some level if you're going for like 2 hour runs, too.

It is not about campers or anitcampers ( i hate camping since Viverbotting ), it is all about will DE find camping as "not intended as playing the game".

I'll correct you: it's not a matter about campers and anticampers, but 'when and where is camping essential and when and where it's not'.

In defense missions it's ok. In survival mission it's a non sense. 

I don't consider camping playing the game.

If you can't get to 40 minutes in T4 without resorting to cheese tactics then you are doing yourself a disservice by using them.

Sure you get the items all the same, and use fewer keys, but what do you do when you have those items?

Do you play the game as intended? Or do you switch your Boltor Prime out for a Soma Prime, and keep camping.

And what then?

It all comes down to who you play with really, me and my clan used to camp and talk about the game. We had nice talks and sat there doing our job drinking some coffee/te enjoying ourselves. Camping is a optional playstyle. For efficiency you might wanna do it but for fun (unless you're full premade with clan mates/friends) it might not be the most fun since a lot of random people don't like to talk. Some do, and those I really enjoy playing with, some just stay quiet:/