Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows And What It Has Come To Be.

T3chnoM0nkey

I think players who choose not to use Kubrows just need to get over it already.

i mainly use a Kubrow and NONE of the issues i constantly hear people complaining about is ever really an issue.

They DONT cost much to upkeep. It is no big deal to feed it once every 3 days, or pat it on its head. 10 sec. tops of interaction needed per day. 75k needed every 1-2 weeks.

you DONT need to switch them out every other mission. I stay with my Huras and its fine. The 3hr wait is there for a reason, to prevent switching. I assume DE hoped you would build a connection with it (like Dogmeat). Either way, i stick to 1 kubrow and it works out fine. Its not that hard to plan ahead and commit to a Kubrow for a week or a few days. 

The A.I. is actually more helpful than my Sentinels. My Kubrow routinely eats nullifiers, and keeps me cloaked at critical times. So what if it gets lost sometimes, its usually by my side tackling enemies more often than not. It definitely has better A.I than the sentinels when it comes to choosing a target. 

Many players DO use Kubrows. So stop with the "thats why no one liked them" rumor. I find the Kubrow to be much more useful than Carrier. i really dont get the obsession with Carrier. Sure, i like that sentinel and its convenient at times, but its never been hard for me to grab my own drops. I find that Carrier is only really invaluable when playing as Ash, where it sucks up energy/hp while he is in BS. Other than that, my Kubrow provided much more utility. 

Those of you who refuse to use a Kubrow for simple reasons are missing out on one of the best utility tools you can equip in this game (cloak)

Edited by Hypernaut1

how hard is it to make the 75k to get 6 dna stabilizers? most should be making that in a couple hours, and really should only use them once a week.

and the permanent death?, not that hard to put them in stasis if you are leaving for a few days. that's why its there. 

it degrades and dies because its the only thing on that ship that is a living thing.

ive used kubrows since i was able to use them, and never had any issues with them. in my opinion, they are better in every way. by far and away tankier, hit harder than trucks, and are one of the most important parts late game builds, a sentinel will never ever keep up with a kubrow and what they can be put through. all they need is a relatively small amount of upkeep.

You know, EVE Online, a game based on the idea of consequences just removed one of their biggest points in the game, loss of player stats forever, because they felt it was detrimental as you had no choice. So please, stop saying hand over the money or die is a choice. In all civilized jurisdictions, that is called armed robbery and assault with lethal intent. Quite heinous crimes, much like the constant defense of every desciosn with intent to shut down debate, instead of presenting arguments and counterarguments.

Just wait until you take a break from Warframe (heresy I know)  and forget to put away your Kubrow. Come back 8 days later and see that your potatoed, formaed Kubrow is almost dead and gone forever.

I enjoy Warframe immensely, but if a take I take an unplanned break from Warframe, it feels like DE is punishing me. Which is a weird thing to feel from a game developer.

Do my guns rust away when I don't use them for a week? Do my mods decay in power over the course of a day if I don't have them plugged into a gun? Do missions unlocked on the starchart close off again whenever i don't play them for a month?

You're right, it is 100% my fault I'd let a Kubrow die because I don't want to maintain its upkeep, but that's no argument for why it is a mechanic in a game where upkeep is not a central mechanic, nor is it additive to the game experience. It only forces me to either store the Kubrow until I'd want to use it, which limits gameplay options because of the wait time for thawing, or it forces me to use the credit sink to maintain it every so often, which is entirely unnecessary to begin with.

It has no right and no place in a game such as Warframe.

Now now. Don't go giving DE any ideas. With all this LoS nonsense they're adding to the game lately its not entirely beyond reason they'd feel like these are good ideas.

I have four and I am constantly using them when I'm not scanning things with Helios. My kubrow has saved me more times than I can count and they can hold down capture targets. But aside from that, they are really cute. I love my kubrows and I don't think the perma death thing is bad.

Now now. Don't go giving DE any ideas. With all this LoS nonsense they're adding to the game lately its not entirely beyond reason they'd feel like these are good ideas.

There's no worry of that, I'm pretty much on DE's blacklist of people who's ideas to ignore. Or at least I think I am; no official word, but it certainly feels like it at times.