Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Are You Supposed To Defend Against This?

imaxium

http://plays.tv/video/551cec9486eb81d094

Apart from having a VERY good aim with a Bow, Latron, or Lex, this tactic is very irritating to defend against, esp. on the Corpus Inside Map where volt can fly in the flag room or underneath the flag room and activate his ult. Also, This fly in ult can also work on orokin map. 

EDIT: My Suggestion is to halt the movement when an Offensive ultimate is casted, to help give defenders time to stop the one-shot from happening.

I made a video to help demonstrate this press 4 to win tactic: https://vid.me/IyEV

Edited by imaxium

You defend by picking up enemy Cephalon to prevent them from capturing yours. Then you need to fight better than the enemy team to return your Cephalon to capture theirs.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't watch the video so I just assumed it's about fast capturing. If it's about using an ultimates, you just have to position yourself differently or be prepared to move away from the area very fast.

Edited by Naftal

You guys are missing the point. There is no consequence to flying in to the enemy base and spamming an ult. There are no choke points to stop this. Here is what I mean about how Volts ult can be abused to wipe a team at their base with little risk of getting killed unless the enemies are good shots. It is especially good since it goes through everything. This takes very little skill to use this tactic, which is basically a press 4 to win. I have played with players who all they did was spam volts ult like in the video. 

https://vid.me/IyEV

You guys are missing the point. There is no consequence to flying in to the enemy base and spamming an ult. 

The keyword here is "spam". You can't "spam" it. You need 100 energy to do it. I'd be interested to know how many "ulti spam" one can pull off per match. From the matches I've played, I've seen probably around 5 ulti used by everyone per match. Sure it's annoying getting killed by it but it's no more annoying that being killed by a random Lex shot coming from nowhere, or a Kogake kicking you in the back. 

Oh and in your video you're using Overload on noobs hugging each other while standing still. They're gonna be easily killed anyway, if not by Overload. 

Edited by elele

The keyword here is "spam". You can't "spam" it. You need 100 energy to do it. I'd be interested to know how many "ulti spam" one can pull off per match. From the matches I've played, I've seen probably around 5 ulti used by everyone per match. Sure it's annoying getting killed by it but it's no more annoying that being killed by a random Lex shot coming from nowhere, or a Kogake kicking you in the back. 

Oh and in your video you're using Overload on noobs hugging each other while standing still. They're gonna be easily killed anyway, if not by Overload.

I disagree that an ability kill is no more annoying than Lex or kogake. I would much rather be killed by those then Overload because they take more skill to use, and you can survive those encounters. However, there is no surviving an ult if hit. And in my video, yes they were noob players, but that's not the point, the point being its easy to come into an enemy base unseen and fire an ult, esp. With volt since I casted mid jump which leaves very time to stop me when I hit the ground.

I disagree that an ability kill is no more annoying than Lex or kogake. I would much rather be killed by those then Overload because they take more skill to use, and you can survive those encounters. However, there is no surviving an ult if hit. And in my video, yes they were noob players, but that's not the point, the point being its easy to come into an enemy base unseen and fire an ult, esp. With volt since I casted mid jump which leaves very time to stop me when I hit the ground.

The point is they can't "SPAM" it. 100 energy is not easy to gather (unless everyone else is a noob and doesn't gather energy). It takes skill (or luck) to survive long enough to get 100 energy, just like with a lucky Lex/Kogake kill. 

Anyway, I don't personally use Volt so nerf him whatever. But I just don't understand why people are so worked up by Overload. It's only a minor annoyance for me, very minor. 

100 energy is not easy to gather

Unless the dude knows all the energy spawns of the map and he does a full race to them between each casts.

I'm sure if someone focus on that only, from the opposite team point of view, it's spamming.

Cause you know, spamming is when you do something again and again... Doesn't matter if it's a short interval or not.

Edited by Vannell

Lol I have no idea how could that player make such a jump!

Just do a forward slide, followed up with a jump while sliding.  If you really want to cover some ground, do a quick forward slide, jump while sliding, and then use a directional melee attack while in the air.  Once you get the technique down, you'll easily cover 1/3 to 1/2 of the current maps all at once.

This technique is very useful to use against any players who like to purely bo-copter and cap without any actual fighting.

Best defense is an offense. Camping at base is a bad idea.

Also ''100 energy is not easy to gather'' ...yes it is.

Easy for YOU, against noobs. Try gather 100 energy while fighting someone of the same skill level as yourself. The first thing you'd do is to compete on the energy spawns. Then imagine if all the eight players in a whole match all have the same skill level as yourself ... 

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

Youre not.

It takes insane aim with lex to be able to kill a fleeing person and its only possible in the corpus map.

Wat... It's possible on all maps...

Easy for YOU, against noobs. Try gather 100 energy while fighting someone of the same skill level as yourself. The first thing you'd do is to compete on the energy spawns. Then imagine if all the eight players in a whole match all have the same skill level as yourself ... 

If I have two doctoral degrees, I can say rocket science is easy. Doesn't mean it is "easy" for probably 99% of the population out there. 

Whoa hold your horses... You don't have to be a pro to run through the map picking up the energy respawns, in fact you don't even have to be better than your opponents. I can do it in a game with my clan mates so i don't see your point about me against noobs, as i consider all my clan mates in the same skill level - if not better than myself.

Edited by RexSol

You don't have to be a pro to run through the map picking up the energy respawns, 

Of course, Sherlock! As long as your opponents allow you to freely roam around and your teammates don't pick up energy, which I'm sure they're all happy to do. 

Whoa hold your horses... You don't have to be a pro to run through the map picking up the energy respawns, in fact you don't even have to be better than your opponents. I can do it in a game with my clan mates so i don't see your point about me against noobs, as i consider all my clan mates in the same skill level - if not better than myself.

Including the ones that have 5 energy spawns and not just the power generator map that has 8?