Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Sci Fi Books

Deidaku

Gateway by Frederick Pohl

Written in 1977, Gateway is one of the winning-est SF novels of all time, gaining the Hugo, Nebula, Locus, and John W. Campbell awards for best novel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_%28novel%29

This is a fantastic novel to introduce someone into sci-fi, and I have given out half a dozen copies over the years.

I cannot recommend this book enough, its adventurous, thrilling, epic in scope, and written by one of the greatest personalities in the history of SF literature.

It should be easily found at any used book store for a few dollars. 

Edited by Pham.Nuwen

First two books of Dune saga by Frank Herbert (the other 4 are also good, but less enjoyable imo).

Stanisław Lem's books are awesome in general.

Philip K. $&*^ is worth checking, but he wrote in rather weird manner.

Halo: First strike if your wondering what the fu** happened between 1 and 2

and now 2 Sci-Fi books I've recently read that are not Halo or Manga:  The Forever War, and Armor.

cant remember the author's names but if you happen to come across them while your at a book store pick them up, great reads.

Halo: First strike if your wondering what the fu** happened between 1 and 2

and now 2 Sci-Fi books I've recently read that are not Halo or Manga:  The Forever War, and Armor.

cant remember the author's names but if you happen to come across them while your at a book store pick them up, great reads.

Forever War is Joe Haldeman, Armor is John Steakley. Both are awesome!

• 2 months later...

The Expanse series of books is some of the greatest stuff I've ever read. Annual releases of about 500 pages, and each and every single one is another super-fun yet super-smart space opera, all of it about humanity, having colonizes the solar system, turns to the stars - a period of future history not very well covered in other literature, but brilliantly conceived here. On top of that, it does some very cool stuff with solar system politics that could be somewhat inspirational for Warframe.

Go read em'. Now.

The book of the Aliens movie by Orson Scott Card is a good read.

And the ORIGINAL  'Planet of the Apes'  by Pierre Boulle.

The Chrysallids by John Wyndham.  Published 1955 - Post Apocalypse America. Any mutation is not tolerated. Some children have been born who show no outward signs of mutation.....they are different in new ways.