Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Community

LeopoldObelix

I would just like to put out a long and rather drawn out post thanking all the different, awesome people out there. So if you don't want to read the entire thing here is a synopsis:

Warframe Community > Any other game Community.

I say this because though my entire experience of playing the game I have found that there are so many people willing to chat in game with random strangers to help one another. There are always people in it just to get the mission done and run, but there are just so many that will stop mid-battle to type out a message and hold a conversation for an incredibly long time, breaking to chat about anything from useless garbage, to in-game discussions of strategies, events, and weapon usage.

On top of the discussion there are a great many of players who are generous. Yes yes, I know the trade chat is full of cheapskates, but there are genuinely kind and giving people out there, who have offered mods in mission to lower rank players for nothing. Just the other day a guy gave one of my clan mates a Heavy Caliber for nothing, just because he had extra. Many of these mods are rare and take time and luck to get, and this guy just gives it away. There are a lot of people like that in this community, and it is rare to find those people in others.

All in all, I just want to say thank you Tenno, you guys are awesome, and stay that way, please? This is a great thing we have going on right now, and all of you are an important part of it. 

Though some of you will never read this, even you are helping this community be as strong and united as it is now.

Thank you.

--LeopoldObelix

A good conversation can be it's own reward sometimes, helping others should feel good.

As a Vet, it's good to find someone new who's willing to chat, we get to pass on our experience to help others grow, while seeing the game fresh again through someone else's eyes. So for me, taking the time to chat with others in/out of missions can be quite enjoyable in it's own rights.

Also it's kinda obvious that just bout anyone else shouldn't mind BSing with a friend or like minded war buddy in the game :D Friends just make it more fun sometimes! Stop and take a moment to laugh at what random thing just happened in a mission and ride out that laughing fit... Good times good times.

I think it's just because a lot of people come here to vent when they're upset about something. I mean you don't call your phone company to tell them they're doing a good job. Unfortunately the playerbase has a lot of younger people who haven't really learned to be polite yet, but that happens with a lot of games- especially really accessible games.

That being said, I've had positive experiences most of the time, and it's great to meet people like that. So nice work, everyone!

Thanks!

What's super ironic about this game is we DO have a heavy rep for being Cool/Friendly/Helpful/Troll Free/  IN GAME

Yet these FORUMS can be uber crybaby, kneejerk, toxic meltdown material hahaha

Minus region/relay/trading chats. Community at this current time is 'stop doing that, it wasnt intended. You should play it properly'

I've been apart of many different gaming communities. None have i been thankful to be apart of, or any that felt like a actual community. 

I'm glad to say its not true about Warframe's community. 

I've met a lot of great and helpful gamers out there that have turned me around from my usual closed-off approach to randoms. Just today I saw a guy in Recruitment looking for a Frost and Mag for the Overtake Alert. Seeing how i already completed mine, i messages him and passed on some friendly tips for it.

Turned out he had some trouble finding a fourth so i opted to join. Helped them complete one Overtake and one of the guys backed out and we got another player. After our original group completed their two, we all chipped in to help the recently joined 4th for his second. 

After this someone made the comment on how low their Neural Sensor supply was running low. So i bought a 3 Day Resource Drop Chance Booster and gifted that person a Resource Booster. Ran Alad V a few times, a DSD and then shortly after disbanded with pleasantries and thanks.

The whole time i was playing with these "randoms" that i've grown so accustomed to treating like the plague, i couldn't think of the last time i played with a great group of strangers. Compliments went out to each player. I mean the last time i saw this type of community was Unreal Tournament 2k4. Back was online gaming was still innocent and it meant something to be apart of a community. 

If you read though my post, i just want to say thanks for reading my story. It felt great sharing it.

The previous game i played before Warframe, i had 4000+ Hours invested in it. 

Non-english speaking playerbase, careless developers and terrible community forced me to leave. 

I don't regret it tho.

Sounds like a game run by Nexon or something. :P

Anyway, I do believe this is one of the better communities in the gaming industry. We do have our moments though.