Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Limbo

Ironlixivium

Agree, actually using cataclysm is pretty much a suicide against decent level enemies, the only useful strategy is to use rift walk with rift surge/rift torrent and use cataclysm from a safe distance over a group of enemies.

And... it seems like the augment is not CC related but im not a fan of fixing abilities with augments, cataclysm needs some CC without augments or one significant advantage to Limbo when he is inside that bubble.

Edited by Rhaenxys

Sadly, I haven't used Limbo is SO long. There just aren't enough situations where he's very useful. Why "remove" something from a battlefield when you could just kill it?

Cataclysm still prevents anyone from picking up drops. Other than that, more CC and damage would be very useful. A DoT for enemies within Cataclysm could be very useful and could encourage different builds. Maybe an augment that, when Cataclysm ends, all enemies inside are quickly dragged to the center and knocked down.

Also, an augment for Banish that turns it into an AoE wave would be nice. Not necessarily a bandaid, since some people apparently like the single targeting

The only thing I agree on his that he cannot carry anything while in the Rift, which is a hindrance and interferes with his use in Excavation.

Also, how is he a glass cannon? He is not very durable, but none of his skills inflict huge amounts of damage. Nova is a glass cannon, and so is Ember, Limbo is glass, but not cannon.

His mastery of the rift is his defense. Although I would not say no if he got a durability boost while in the rift.

If you want to kill everyone at once, use someone else. Limbo is not meant for that.

if DE is insistant that he cannot pick up items in the rift because they dont want MD and DEC being easy, then they should atleast consider making the drills in excavation receive energy from being in a cataclysm since warframes already do. that would make him a natural defender again (i think his true role) and keep DE happy (if that is their concern)

________

separate comment:

Limbo can toggle all his moves, if a teammate falls, rift walk and banish the teammate BEFORE picking them up. if a cataclysm is in the way, take it down. he might need to switch through his moves alot but their nature gives him all the time he needs to do that. there is no rush when he is playing.

Edited by Wawazat

I'm going to go ahead and say it, the dev team at DE aren't being very communicative on this issue. Limbo was in a good place balance-wise, people were using him well, then they nerfed him where he most useful (raids, spy etc) and now he's returned to a master trolling frame!

The only thing I agree on his that he cannot carry anything while in the Rift, which is a hindrance and interferes with his use in Excavation.

Also, how is he a glass cannon? He is not very durable, but none of his skills inflict huge amounts of damage. Nova is a glass cannon, and so is Ember, Limbo is glass, but not cannon.

His mastery of the rift is his defense. Although I would not say no if he got a durability boost while in the rift.

If you want to kill everyone at once, use someone else. Limbo is not meant for that.

So he's like a crass slingshot ;)

I'd only want Cataclysm to be buffed, mainly just more CC because right now it is just placing a suicide arena. Otherwise, I hope the devs realease a damn good augment for it.

I'm sick of bandaid augments like pacifying bolts. My build is full enough trying to keep him alive AND give him good ability stats. If DE attempts to fix him with an augment I will be VERY pissed.

Sadly, I haven't used Limbo is SO long. There just aren't enough situations where he's very useful. Why "remove" something from a battlefield when you could just kill it?

Cataclysm still prevents anyone from picking up drops. Other than that, more CC and damage would be very useful. A DoT for enemies within Cataclysm could be very useful and could encourage different builds. Maybe an augment that, when Cataclysm ends, all enemies inside are quickly dragged to the center and knocked down.

Also, an augment for Banish that turns it into an AoE wave would be nice. Not necessarily a bandaid, since some people apparently like the single targeting

I agree, especially on your first and second point. I believe someone left some annoying comment I didn't care to reply to before, about how me pointing the issue out made him laugh. I don't care how hard it makes you laugh, I'm not exactly what you'd call a noob and I know that 4 corrosive projections completely removes any chance of banish being useful for removing baddies.

if DE is insistant that he cannot pick up items in the rift because they dont want MD and DEC being easy, then they should atleast consider making the drills in excavation receive energy from being in a cataclysm since warframes already do. that would make him a natural defender again (i think his true role) and keep DE happy (if that is their concern)

________

separate comment:

Limbo can toggle all his moves, if a teammate falls, rift walk and banish the teammate BEFORE picking them up. if a cataclysm is in the way, take it down. he might need to switch through his moves alot but their nature gives him all the time he needs to do that. there is no rush when he is playing.

pretty sure you can revive teammates without banishing them, although it might help to restore their energy while they're down. other than that they'll probably just take off the banish when they get back up, making it useless, since they have a few seconds of invuln after being rezzed. I find that there's a bit of a rush when he's attempting to defend a pod but needs to take down the cata to restore his shields...I would prefer he doesn't attempt to be a frost variant...

still. i always laugh when people say limbo is bad

Uh-huh. Glad you could contribute to the conversation. Seriously, you explained your thoughts and opinion so well it's like I can read your mind. And your suggestions --- don't get me started, they're so well thought out, you'd think they were the deepest thoughts of a true mastermind. I look forward to your next legendary comment.

What about an augment for Cataclysm that, once enemies enter, are unable to escape until it ends? Basically a shrinking arena trap. There could be some major uses for that, and encouraging the playstyle of "Rift Walk over here, Cataclysm over there". Heck, it's CC

What about an augment for Cataclysm that, once enemies enter, are unable to escape until it ends? Basically a shrinking arena trap. There could be some major uses for that, and encouraging the playstyle of "Rift Walk over here, Cataclysm over there". Heck, it's CC

Might use a little tweaking, cause this would make them all unable to attack anything outside the rift, which might be a bit op. I know I said that removing enemies from the battle is highly circumstantial and 99% of the time is useless, but that's if he did it one at a time. With a nice range-duration build, you could effectively make an entire army from the fight. Although in limbo's current old-sponge-strength state, this would cause him to be unable to enter the rift...

He doesn't need a buff, he needs a rework.

The reason is simply the rift sucks. It prevents you from doing too many things while only giving you faster energy regen in return. The only two reasons to use it on your allies is to revive and troll them.

It doesn't even affect bosses at all.

Edited by BoltSlamchunk

Might use a little tweaking, cause this would make them all unable to attack anything outside the rift, which might be a bit op. 

As opposed to Rhino chain-stomping every enemy on the map or Loki turning all enemies into jokes that can be infinitely backpedaled?  I don't support these abilities that trivialize content but an augment like this wouldn't be outstanding among them, especially since it affects a limited area, costs a mod slot, and you can only have one at a time.  Vauban spamming Bastilles is more overpowered than that.  If anything, this augment would be a good example of how to handle powers that make enemies totally helpless.  Maybe add an additional CC effect like a slow or periodic stagger so that the enemies pose little threat to LImbo when he's outside; maybe that will cause people to stop crying about having to take cover when they use Cataclysm.

Edited by RealPandemonium

• 2 weeks later...

All I really use limbo for is max duration on rescues and the occasional defense, all though I do think he needs buffs he should not receive a buff that boost his own damage(at least directly) he needs to make his utility more friendly and team accessible things you mentioned such as the being able to pick up stuff and hack consoles, I am a bit iffy on his rift surge being a team buff because it is potentially insane dps out put I think having it be an area like hallowed ground would work though.

My biggest complaint about Limbo (besides everything) is that, whether I'm in the rift or not, enemies are always aware of my presence. They always know where I am, even if I activate rift walk and enter another dimension, they continue to shoot at me and set off alarms and lockdowns. I've tried soloing defences and placing a Cata on the cryopod, then standing above while in rift walk to shoot enemies that enter it. But, most of the time, they won't enter because they're too busy shooting at me and taking cover. I have to go banish them one-by-one while keeping an eye on the pod. What a waste. Another thing is, with all the attention you attract, rift walk offers little protection when you exit it with two dozen lvl 30+ enemies already pointing their guns and shooting at your squishy little body. Also, speaking of lockdowns, if I'm able to trigger a lockdown while in the rift, shouldn't I be able to disable the lockdown in the rift?

IMO, he is in serious need of a rework.

Edited by Rebellis

My biggest complaint about Limbo (besides everything) is that, whether I'm in the rift or not, enemies are always aware of my presence. They always know where I am, even if I activate rift walk and enter another dimension, they continue to shoot at me and set off alarms and lockdowns. I've tried soloing defences and placing a Cata on the cryopod, then standing above while in rift walk to shoot enemies that enter it. But, most of the time, they won't enter because they're too busy shooting at me and taking cover. I have to go banish them one-by-one while keeping an eye on the pod. What a waste. Another thing is, with all the attention you attract, rift walk offers little protection when you exit it with two dozen lvl 30+ enemies already pointing their guns and shooting at your squishy little body. Also, speaking of lockdowns, if I'm able to trigger a lockdown while in the rift, shouldn't I be able to disable the lockdown in the rift?

IMO, he is in serious need of a rework.

Play Loki so you don't have to worry about enemies at all.  Seems to suit your gameplay goals.

Limbo's a frame where I want to enjoy playing him more, but he's still kind of in a weird spot right now.

Since some are posting suggestions, I have mulled over a few quality of life changes myself that I think could go a long way for him without drastically altering his playstyle.

Rift Walk

- Make it instant use with no casting animation (sorry Geoff.) Usable during other animations like jumping, wall running, reloading, etc. without interrupting them. This is a minor thing but I feel like it'd make a huge difference in his fluidity of movement. It's already half way there since you can exit the rift exactly like that.

Rift Surge  (This skill has the most room for improvement I feel.)

- Upon casting, something needs to surge out and affect any enemy currently in the rift. Anything from increased/decreased damage to/from enemies, slowdown in movement and/or firing speed, reduced accuracy, increased status susceptibility... the list goes on. There's plenty to choose from, just put anything. Tweak the player weapon damage buff for balance if necessary.

- Baddies are debuffed for as long as they remain in the rift (not Limbo himself). Exiting removes it. Reentering the rift does not automatically reapply the debuff(s).

- Skill is now able to be canceled early - same as riftwalk and cataclysm - so that long duration builds don't get locked out of debuffability for 40+ seconds.

Cataclysm

- Enemies need some kind of reaction to being forced into another dimension; right now they act as if an angry breeze just blew by (i.e. no reaction whatsoever). Banish causes a hard single target CC and vulnerability to ground finishers, whereas Cata does nothing. Give cataclysm a short 1-1.5s [not affected by duration mods] stun/stagger on any enemy that enters the radius. This will allow players a brief moment to decide how to best deal with the situation and not get instantly gunned down.

Anyway those are just a few thoughts I had. May not amount to much, but am wanting to start trying to be a bit more vocal on feedback.

Why don't you change Limbos Rift Walk to a small aura like Chromas wards? That way, every squad member close to Limbo could snipe into Cataclysm, when it comes down to stationary gameplay.

For mobile gameplay you stay near him and advance unharmed as a team to the target.

It makes Limbo more comfortable to play as you don't need to target a (fast moving) Tenno with Banish.

This will only work, if DE lets you interact with loot/objectives while in the void, tho...

Just a note to add before anything else: Limbo is, regardless of the terminal nerf (and, in fact, as a direct result of the Grineer magnetic proc fix), the Prince of Spies. Why? Because he can now no-sell everything in a spy vault that triggers alarms on physical contact. Loki has his Decoy+Teleport, but Limbo can casually stroll through a field of lasers like he owns the place. As for cameras - Cataclysm or a wallhacking gun like Opticor for blocked-off ones, or Banish in direct LOS, instantly wrecks them. If Loki is the pure stealth spy - no records, no witnesses - Limbo is the master thief who walks through walls (figuratively), the show-off who laughs at your defenses as he liberates your valuables. It's great fun as an alternative way to play Spy.

Cataclysm affecting items is one change I absolutely want. It makes no sense the way things are now. For that matter, why exactly do we drop items while Rift Walking again? We keep our guns in the Rift, and they're obviously not all made of magical phase metal. Consistency issue. If we can keep a Jat Kittag with us, we can keep a flipping power cell. As for terminal hacking, casting cataclysm on the terminal should allow that again in whatever context - locker opening was also nerfed, and the same should apply there. Banishing enemies should keep them from hacking unrifted terminals, too.

Here's an idea for Banish targeting that doesn't involve AOE. What if you could hold down the key... to paint a target with a highlight, and upon release, that target would be banished? No more 'pixel hunt' mechanics, especially at long ranges - just sweep over the enemy, and boom. Sweeping over multiple targets just changes the target lock to the one currently in the reticle, of course. As for the augment - if we're doing things for consistency here, how is it that Limbo can make Banish heal allies, but not make Rift Walk self-heal? It's just strange.

Surge is indeed a pain in the &#! and should be folded into the base Rift mechanics. Agreed with the idea of *a* survivability ability, just unsure about what form it should take - or the 'surging' debuff Adidasprime mentioned sounds interesting. Possibly make it a bit like Sleight of Hand's effect on pickups and have the effect radiate out of all Rifted targets in x (modified by range) radius around either Limbo or the reticle - a sort of Rift bomb.

Cataclysm having a proc is already enough to make it way more viable - and if it is really more violent, it makes sense for that to do more damage than Banish, doesn't it?

Some sort of passive damage mitigation for Limbo in the rift is a great idea, though. I'm all for that. I don't mind being squishy half the time, as long as I can survive for more than one second the other half.