Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] What Is The Least Useful Warframe (In Your Opinion)?

KidMemphis

The poll was for "least useful" warframe, as was mentioned, and not "least liked", or "somebody else does X better".

There are far too many votes for "don't like it" on here. The Zephyr that was argued earlier is a great example. Zephyr has strong crowd control and strong survivability options. It it my favorite frame either? Heck no. But it's got no place being rated as "least useful".

"Somebody else does It better" and "less useful" are the same thing.

Zephyr has UNRELIABLE crowd control and her shield doesn't scale with hitscan weapons once enemies hit certain levels. Check the wiki, don't take my word for it. You might not agree (maybe tornado has somehow defied all probability for you and consistently landed on a priority target), and that's alright, but trying to come off as completely objective given the nature of the discussion is a little silly.

lol.. this may be just an impression vote rather than a fair indication. (e.g. some guy feels that frame A is 'weak' and wrongly associate it with "useless", when he actually use it more often than other frames...)

Think real stats on what frames people use in missions (or how many hours) will be the only source of correctness. Think we can get DE to release that?

It doesn't surprise me that Excalibur is right up there.  Blind just isn't as useful as it used to be.  Slash Dash never was all that great.  Super Jump....yeah.  That leaves Javelins, which just aren't all that.  On top of this, he's not overly survivable, since he's not overly fast, shielded, armored, or healthed, and because this clunky toolset just doesn't mesh into something that works like it does with other frames.

The worst part is, his poor showing stems alot from the game development itself.  Slash Dash was actually fairly good back before power creep weaponry because distance movers with damage like this had a real place.  Super Jump was fun and even useful when it was enough height to trigger the mod knockdown.  Blind used to be extremely useful through duration and mass of enemies affected.  Javelins alternates heavily between useful and not, depending on the flavor of the day in its ability to mass AE.

Heck, Rhino got votes.  No, I don't think he should win a "most useful" competition, but least useful?  I don't think it's possible to have played the game and actually think that. 

Yeah, he's not popular with the hipster "good things suck" crowd, but seriously?  Compare him directly to Excalibur.  His charge has better syndicate mods, and is nearly as good without any.  His iron skin may not be group friendly, but it'll give you more breathing room than the current state of blind---although frankly, the comparison of these two abilities is the closest I'd ever come to giving excalibur an edge over him.  His third ability is a GROUP damage buff.  Excaliburs is high jumping.  I....just can't be bothered to explain how this is better.  His fourth is stomp, and I dunno who is gonna fool themself into thinking that is worse than javelins.  He's also tougher and faster.

So you've got two out of three abilities that are relatively parallel, with Rhino more or less handily taking the prize on those.  The other two are quite different, but one of them is the most maligned ability in the game, possibly the single most nerf requested warframe ability since release, versus radial blind, a much less nerf requested but much more nerfed ability.  In its current state, blind doesn't elevate excalibur over Rhino.  Roar versus Super Jump just isn't a comparison.  In fact, Super Jump may very well place solidly on a list of "least useful" abilities in the game.  With all the wall running and regular jumping, it's just not needed.

I've made the argument before, but Excalibur needs an overhaul...especially as DE's poster child for Warframe and all

ugh these warframe camparison / shaming threads are unbecoming. People need to learn that the frame is fine. The player playing that frame? Not so.

1) Not a shaming thread, simply an opinion poll on the general opinions of certain frames

2) If the vast majority of the player base tends to share the same negative opinion of the frame, it isn't "fine"

3) You'd have to be completely oblivious or a huge fanboy to not see the issues with Excalibur's abilities being foreshadowed or how Ember's abilities don't scale into late game. I mean some issues are being fixed with Ability Augment mods, but the base abilities are still "meh" at best

LImbo is useful when you want to run through a mission without having to shoot anything, camping a defense pod with a mesa, fight one enemy at a time or when you want to easily revive teammates but I can't really think of anything else.

Good defense purposes with a maxed Narrowminded build.

Giving energy while travelling to other places i.e going to the far away LS capsule.

He's a pretty good shield osprey killer too.

Oberon useless?

i lol'd

Smite is eh dmg, useful for Ospreys, especially with the home-In

Fire floor or whatever is really useful in moshpits to prevent bleed and knockdown and all that good jazz

Renewal is good for quick healing and slowing down bleedout (properly modded it can actually revive a person)

Reckoning is just good Radiation CC

Yeah but for that you'd need a special build and everyone would have to stick together. Besides Volt can do better when it comes to speedruns.

Actually Zephyr is the fastest most mobile frame currently. Faster than Volt. Not only does turbulence protect her, she can literally evade everything.

Edited by SunsetChaos

Actually Zephyr is the fastest most mobile frame currently. Faster than Volt. Not only does turbulence protect her, she can literally evade everything.

I still feel like the speed ability Jet Stream provides should have been in her base Turbulence ability

Ember is one i feel has a problem you need to mod her for everything she need every type of mod boost range / damage / duration / efficiency. If they ever drop the need for duration for her #4 skill it would give allot more leeway in modding her.

Aside from that i think zerphr and hydroid could use some love too...

When you solo yes. I was telling about contributions to teamwork. Zephyr is good to solo but in a team she's not much help.