Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's History

faustias

Question

Nothing serious. I just want to know all the nerfs and buffs on her.

It's because I really can't understand why she's deemed useless or weak. I can say she seems fine but that's me who made her post-U15 only... or whatever update was Panthera had been released. (Needs Miter, but of course there's the Trinity parts dropping from the duo, too)

I only remember about her old Blessing which is typically an invulnerability buff to everyone, which is... a little gamebreaking for me.

Was Trinity before these nerfs actually better than today or those buffmongers are just too dependent on her old kit?

Edited by faustias

9 answers to this question

Yes, she was better to the point to be god tier.

I think Trinity was the most broken character in terms of her powers and how they handled, and DE just tried to nerf her in order to bring her down with others, and still she can be quite usefull.

Before : Trinity's Blessing ability made all party members invulnerable for decent amount of time, bring 4 Trinities in Survival and you don't need to do anything, just make everyone switch around Blessings.

Link was insane, you could use Link and Blessing and keep shooting with explosive weapons ( Ogris, Penta ... ) to your feet. You could go into insane amounts of waves on Defenses.

Edited by Ognj

I really can't understand why she's deemed useless or weak.

Those comments come from the same people who say Nekros is a better healer than Trinity?  Don't put too much thought into it, people are like the stars, there are bright ones and then there are those who are dim or dense.

She was equal to "Open console -> type GODMODE_1 -> keep playing on godmode."

I see... seems too useful even for me, I might end up relying on and wanting it back. yay for me being a post-godtier trinity user, probably.

Sounds like Trinity used to be so overpowered she went straight into boring...

define boring?

been using her kit as much as I could with a mix of shooting, or swinging. Blessing is really sometimes a problem because I can't revive them with it, but with a little managing on their HP I can heal them at their lowest HP and to have that damage reduction buff.

Edited by faustias

Trinity was entire team invulnerability with 100% uptime.

now she can make everything just slightly shy of invulnerable, with high uptime.

Trinity is still ridiculously powerful. she just requires attention and some skill to use, rather than mashing one button.

that's why some consider Trinity useless. when she is just a hair shy of being invulnerable and can procure Health and Energy when needed to keep her cycles going.

a fantastic spearhead unit. very capable, but if you screw it up you'll end up dead.

and ofcourse Quick Thinking is a very nice thing to have for Trinity. (don't forget Link :| it's very important)

Trinity is part of the Meta, and always has been. probably always will.

imagine Trinity as 'that healer character' in a game that had children with a brick wall. fragile, yet not at the same time.

basically, you know you're playing Trinity right when you have Ability Timers covering all of your Abilities.

I never use my 1 on Trinity... maybe I should start, though? hmm...

either way, Trinity can still get pretty damn close to godmode if you have one player concentrating on it.

If I join a Raid in a PuG, I always go full-blessing for those 29 seconds of 99.9% damage reduction. That greatly increases my success rate in PuG compared to when I take other frames.

... and then I inevitably have that one guy complaining about a lack of EV after I announced upfront that my blessing build has very little range and they might want to have a second player switch frames to an EV trin.