Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Are Energy Weapons Getting An Ammunition Rework?

Vaskadar

As the title says.

It was mentioned, but not really expanded upon, as far as ammunition goes for energy weapons, to have a regenerating pool (of variable rates and sizes) for their ammunition. Weapons like the Supra, Dera, Tetra, Opticor, Spectra, Flux Rifle, and onwards all use batteries of some sort. So, is this going to happen, or are we going to have to wait a full year before it's even mentioned again?

As the title says.

It was mentioned, but not really expanded upon, as far as ammunition goes for energy weapons, to have a regenerating pool (of variable rates and sizes) for their ammunition. Weapons like the Supra, Dera, Tetra, Opticor, Spectra, Flux Rifle, and onwards all use batteries of some sort. So, is this going to happen, or are we going to have to wait a full year before it's even mentioned again?

It will probably never happen most of the ideas DE talks about on devstreams are either dropped completely or significantly altered before they actually get added.

Yeah, i was talking about it since Flux, Dera and Supra release. It needs Overheating mechanic or ammo regeneration instead of ammo consumption.

Also, was talking about ammo picking rework, i.e. each pick up restores certain percentage of total ammo, not those constant 20 rounds for Rifles per pick up...

well the thing is we use guns not regenerating guns so DE might just stuff the idea into the attic and forget about 

also in the corpus tileset if they add it they might remove all the loot containers becuz you wont need ammo and we wont be able to get that additional resources (if you happen to be there farming)

• 2 months later...

I would love it if all the various batteries which I have charged themselves automatically instead of me having to break out the charger every time my bike lights run dry. Pity that doesn't actually happen and what you're looking at is instead a micro-reactor for each weapon. Conceptually, batteries work just fine as consumable ammo.

Edited by DoomFruit