The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards For Players Who Taxi Others To Alerts

WorldWyrm

The playerbase for this game is amazing. For so many people to be willing to help others out without any benefit to them blows my mind. What I propose we do is incentivize this behavor. Nothing to special, just maybe a free void key or (sometimes) a forma blueprint given to players who taxi lower level players to alerts. Give it to them at the end of the alert mission.

What do you guys think?

Edited by WorldWyrm

They need to remove the ability to taxi to something you havent unlocked or remove the lock system.

AFTER

All planets have a unique tileset

Each planet having a little twist whether it be enviromental twists, secrets, secret enemies. Currently, played one mission, played em all

More incentives besides MR which seems more like a last resort for the MR seekers and not everyone is an MR seeker. Like rewards.

Better mission rewards for higher levels. Higher chances of getting higher level cores at higher level planets. More creds

Edit: Although I'm completely opposed to giving materialistc incentives to do so. Look at GOTL and see how well that went.

Edited by izzatuw

Why do people not like taxi's so much? I have yet to understand this. 

why?

Because most of the people commenting are high levels players who sit on recruit chat all day looking for void missions. And they get irratated when they see a bunch of "LF taxi to ______" all over their chat.

Because most of the people commenting are high levels players who sit on recruit chat all day looking for void missions. And they get irratated when they see a bunch of "LF taxi to ______" all over their chat.

Sooo its simply because THEY are irritated? That doesnt sound selfish at all? Not even a little bit? Sounds like a weak complaint to me personally. 

Edited by armedpoop

Too many players count on somebody taxis rather then unlocking planet by playing game. This should be fixed in some way - for example, permanent lock on planets/nodes which cant be bypass by "taxi invites" and lock stays until player unlocked it

Edited by Myscho

Why do people not like taxi's so much? I have yet to understand this. 

why?

The game has a lock system, you start with 4? planets and you are supposed to unlock all the planets and regions.  The reward for doing that is the alerts and bosses and farming spots.

So they added this system, we did their progression system for the rewards and then anyone that can shout TAXI gets to goto any area, get any reward and pretty much circumvent it.

Either remove the lock system so it's a free for all or stop the taxi.  What's the point of a locked progression system if you can bypass it?  There are high mastery rank players that shout for taxi even, players that have been around way longer than I have.

When a good alert comes up LFG is spammed with TAXI PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, it's like people begging for change or something.

Edited by Spindle99

The playerbase for this game is amazing. For so many people to be willing to help others out without any benefit to them blows my mind. What I propose we do is incentivize this behavor. Nothing to special, just maybe a free void key or (sometimes) a forma blueprint given to players who taxi lower level players to alerts. Give it to them at the end of the alert mission.

What do you guys think?

Does that count if you invite a low level to a void key? do you get a void key or forma blueprint back for inviting them... same thing as inviting them to a alert just farming prime instead, remove taxi's and let people unlock the missions them self's and actually play the game how it should be.

and no i don't sit in recruiting chat so people saying looking for tax doesn't bug me seeing rank say 15's asking for a taxi to mercury is funny.

The game has a lock system, you start with 4? planets and you are supposed to unlock all the planets and regions.  The reward for doing that is the alerts and bosses and farming spots.

So they added this system, we did their progression system for the rewards and then anyone that can shout TAXI gets to goto any area, get any reward and pretty much circumvent it.

Either remove the lock system so it's a free for all or stop the taxi.  What's the point of a locked progression system if you can bypass it?  There are high mastery rank players that shout for taxi even, players that have been around way longer than I have.

When a good alert comes up LFG is spammed with TAXI PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, it's like people begging for change or something.

So it DOES boil down to annoying you? I mean the system has been in the game since before you or I started playing. They changed it a bit with the move to the new UI too. Used to actually unlock places when taxi'd to them, but now its just a ride. 

If somebody is willing to gice a taxi, I dont see the problem with it, other than recruiting being blown up for the duration. (Which isnt a huge deal anyway)

The problem is that almost all mid-high level players play void all day, which means nobody is playing the planets (with the exception of common farming places). It is extremely difficult to progress through the planets solo, and without anybody playing the planets very often, solo is often what players are stuck doing to progress. I would know, I had to solo Jupiter, Sedna, Phobos, and Uranus by myself (with the exception of bosses and defense missions).

B-but...

Taking other Tenno to a place somewhere they can't is realistic, don't you think? Yes, thay haven't ulocked it but they can go there.

Having people with a node locked be able to go there is also good if you want to take your firnds there. You could still encourage them to unlock it though,

Edited by Raniu

Too many players count on somebody taxis rather then unlocking planet by playing game. This should be fixed in some way - for example, permanent lock on planets/nodes which cant be bypass by "taxi invites" and lock stays until player unlocked it

AFTER

All planets have a unique tileset

Each planet having a little twist whether it be enviromental twists, secrets, secret enemies. Currently, played one mission, played em all

More incentives besides MR which seems more like a last resort for the MR seekers and not everyone is an MR seeker. Like rewards.

Better mission rewards for higher levels. Higher chances of getting higher level cores at higher level planets. More creds

Edit: Although I'm completely opposed to giving materialistc incentives to do so. Look at GOTL and see how well that went.

I'll say it again.

The only incentive is that you'll get access to even more grind, yay? Maybe once DE adds tidbit of lore too.

B-but...

Taking other Tenno to a place somewhere they can't is realistic, don't you think? Yes, thay haven't ulocked it but they can go there.

Having people with a node locked be able to go there is also good if you want to take your firnds there. You could still encourage them to unlock it though,

Isn't unrealistic how day and night only lasts 30 minutes instead of 24 hours?