Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The Players That Like Being Salty... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

Stop ingesting that much sodium into your body! After all, it does cause high blood pressure, and stroke, which would explain why you are always angry and irrational with just about everything! Why not swap it out with potassium chloride as a salt substitute? Hear what this salty player has to say: 

Before, I was eating so much salt, I was not even thinking straight! Now, after swapping to potassium chloride, I am just bitter about everything. 

Er... maybe not that substitute, then?

But potassium chloride is still a salt.

Salt is a type of compound with ionic bonds between a cation other than H+ and an anion other than a hydroxide ion (OH-) or an oxide ion (O2-).

Lithium salts, Sodium salts, Potassium salts, Magnesium salts, Manganese salts, Calcium salts, Beryllium salts, Copper salts, etc etc etc.

Basically a metal cation + nonmetal anion compound with an ionic bond between 'em is a salt.

There's a lot of different kinds of salts. Some of them are pretty deadly too. 

Salt is a type of compound with ionic bonds between a cation other than H+ and an anion other than a hydroxide ion (OH-) or an oxide ion (O2-).

Lithium salts, Sodium salts, Potassium salts, Magnesium salts, Manganese salts, Calcium salts, Beryllium salts, Copper salts, etc etc etc.

Basically a metal cation + nonmetal anion compound with an ionic bond between 'em is a salt.

And you do realise that there is a reason why potassium chloride is called a "salt substitute", in the context of high consumption of sodium chloride?

And you do realise that there is a reason why potassium chloride is called a "salt substitute", in the context of high consumption of sodium chloride?

Calling potassium chloride a salt substitute is like calling Dextrose (D-Glucose, Grape Sugar) a sugar substitute. At the end of the day Dextrose still a sugar, just as Potassium Chloride is still a salt.

It would be more apt to call it a Table Salt Substitute, as table salt is the name for sodium chloride for use on food.

From a chemistry standpoint, calling a salt a salt substitute is silly, because it's still a salt. Just as calling a sugar a sugar substitute is silly.

From a chemistry standpoint, calling a salt a salt substitute is silly, because it's still a salt. Just as calling a sugar a sugar substitute is silly.

From a food chemistry standpoint, it is still correct to call them as "salt substitute". And from a marketing standpoint, it would be better to call them as "salt substitute", because it goes down better with the masses than "table salt substitute". 

From a food chemistry standpoint, it is still correct to call them as "salt substitute". And from a marketing standpoint, it would be better to call them as "salt substitute", because it goes down better with the masses than "table salt substitute". 

But it's even better to say "No MSG added."

That is for the other taste (which the Japanese coined that taste), not saltiness. As for describing that taste, it is difficult to do so. 

And MSG is now not much of a concern. 

I know what MSG is. But as I was quoting, "[...] from a marketing standpoint, it would be better [...]"

Lol. Silly man. Salt, is obviously black magic.

I know what MSG is. But as I was quoting, "[...] from a marketing standpoint, it would be better [...]"

They do not anymore, because that particular technique lost its effectiveness quite some time ago. 

Now, customers are more willing to buy products with "low salt" or "no salt" shown on the product itself.