Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Needs A Auction House

Nathvas

The game needs a in game auction house or something like that.  Right now, we just have a chat channel where players spam their wares.

A auction house similar to eve would be perfect, where players can compare their wares and not have to be on to sell them.    

An auction house would be neat, but it'd be hard to do right.

Would there be a credit tax, a small cut of plat taken by the "auction house"?

I agree that an Auction House would be neat, but there are so many little caveats that could ruin it.

An auction house would be neat, but it'd be hard to do right.

Would there be a credit tax, a small cut of plat taken by the "auction house"?

I agree that an Auction House would be neat, but there are so many little caveats that could ruin it.

Don't forget about the clan taxes % of trades too.

Anyway I agree that an auction house would be awesome

From Augest Community Hot Topics Poll:

Do you like the idea of an auction house that is accessible in public player hubs?
  1. Yes. (1495 votes [72.82%])

2. No. (294 votes [14.32%])

3. Maybe (post an explanation below). (115 votes [5.60%])

4. No opinion on this topic. (149 votes [7.26%])

Obligatory "oh this thread again"

Couldn't disagree more.  And honestly I am sick of explaining why, there have been tons of threads about this.  Yes the trade system needs to be worked on.  And DE is working on it, though they haven't given specifics about how they will do it.  I have a feeling they will put some sort of trade post/consignment system in, but not an AH.  I hope they go with something that allows people to post "requests" and people can fill them if they want to, I think that would cut down on the massive undercutting auction houses bring to games. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I don't like the current way of trading and the trading chat is bugged often (at least for me), but an auction house would mean in game the mod trading forced to be platinum only and peoples whom just have mods will be kicked out from the trading process until they sell mods for plat.

But as I saw the entire game developement I am afraid they will ruin it totally.

Every game where I played and had auction houses always were doomed by horrific pricing and dealers. Too many exploitation there so I am disagree but I won't stop peoples whom agree with it.

I can see a few pros and cons to the auction house system. Ill approach in a neutral fashion :3

Pros: Would Finally stablize market prices for most prime parts,Weapons and mods. Perhaps it woud be quicker to find particular items searching though a list of avaible ones, instead of waiting for one person to answer your request after a  few minutes to  a few hours. Would probably speed up item collection and mastery progress for our fellow tenno who are not maxed yet.

Cons:Would bring down most tennos potential profieft on an item due to direct competiotion.Clan dojo trading posts would seem slightly obsolete (unless aybe tthe trading post itself let you post to and manage your auction house listings)any change can anger older players, or those who love the current set up. It would definetly throw the market off for a month or two. 

The Current way is doing ok.

The Auctoion house seems fantastic though.

More pros and cons tenno!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The currently method is not working at all.  I have a few primes I would like to trade, but with the spam that is the current chat channel, they'll never sell as I don't have the patience to sit there and spam the channel for hours on end.  Their not the most expensive or hard to come by items, but their items that generally sell like flow and some prime pieces for a few frames. Again not expecting a lot but a few extra platinum here and there would be nice. 

An auction house would be great for two reasons:

1) It'd clean up Trading to the point where it might actually be usable.

2) It'd help for those times when you can't connect to someone else's dojo to trade.

He'll it doesn't need to be a auction house.   Just have a site where you list your items for sale, and people can search for it.  You see something you want, and send a mail to that person and set up a time to do the exchange.  This way it isn't exactly a auction house, but it would usable.  Like I said earlier, the current method is beyond broken.   

Edited by Nathvas

Eh I'd say no to AH.

Some players are total marketeers and they can control the pricing and create stupid inflations "just because". We may have stable economy but the prices will be stupidly high. Yes, I am using stupid word because it's really ridiculous.

I'd rather barter in Trade chat for hours than having a controlled economy which can be just changed according to people I don't even know but have outstanding marketing skills that can ruin the trades.

Undercutting till all stuff becomes 1p? oh sure.

That generally doesnt happen. Sellers want to make profit too, especially if there is a tax.

In any case, id rather see more of a barter trading post, rather than an auction house. Something different than other games, and would fit the character of warframe better.

A global AH no. A clan trade center on the other hand I'm up for, like a big shop where the clans member's can browse all the other clan member's listings and buy from each other. Same tax system as we have now tax of course is given to the clan. Member's can invite outsiders to browse their specific clans wares and buy them.

Maybe limit the amount of transactions able to be made so nobody can roll in and buy all of one thing. And let the clan leader set the % tax to outsiders and his/her own members. Clans can still make credit's this way maybe even more so than now.

That's my 2 creds.

Obligatory "oh this thread again"

Couldn't disagree more. And honestly I am sick of explaining why, there have been tons of threads about this. Yes the trade system needs to be worked on. And DE is working on it, though they haven't given specifics about how they will do it. I have a feeling they will put some sort of trade post/consignment system in, but not an AH. I hope they go with something that allows people to post "requests" and people can fill them if they want to, I think that would cut down on the massive undercutting auction houses bring to games.

Oh you mean supply and demand? Welcome to life

An Auction House for Warframe...yeah...I'm going to give that suggestion a big fat DO NOT WANT.

To those that say an auction house would be a great idea, allow me to remind you all of how well that worked out for Diablo III and its players in the end.

So that we can eliminate the need to communicate? What's next? Auto match making for raid and void mission? They might as well rename the game to WOW if they going down that direction