Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Laser Door

Looopeh

The real question is why do the corpus not take damage from their laser doors?

Because their technology is advanced enough that they have a countermeasure so their door recognizes them as Corpus and not Tenno.

Grineer doors don't even work, it's always on and magprocs anything that walks in it.

There are a lot of things that make no sense in this game.

Why is the liset bigger on the inside?... just to name one.

Because it's connected to the Orbiter Ordis references sometimes. The top deck is the Liset, the bottom is the Orbiter, that's how you hold all your Warframes and weapons.

Edited by Zero_Ninja

Part of me wants to say that it's their to show how brutal and inefficient their tech is compared to the Corpus; whereas the Corpus have fancy security cameras and laser doors that only injure intruders, Grineer laser doors hurt everyone, Grineer included, and Arc Traps can easily electrocute Grineer or even destroy themselves from a chain reaction.

Of course the other part of me wants to say that it's an oversight, I mean you think if they were aware the mag fields were dangerous they wouldn't run back and forth through them.

Th-That just raises further questions!!!

>______>

As to why you can't go into the rest?

[DE] hasn't added that yet. Lore-wise, something could be broken or locked, evidenced by the fact that Ordis remarks on how there were more compartments or that it used to be bigger.

Because it's connected to the Orbiter Ordis references sometimes. The top deck is the Liset, the bottom is the Orbiter, that's how you hold all your Warframes and weapons.

Well you learn something new every day, I never even knew that was how the Liset works. Thanks for that very interesting information! :)

Edited by Lag_Killed_You_Not_Me

Why the Grineers take magnetic damage from their own trap?  If it is a bug, it better be fixed, makes no sense for me..

Because the people who designed and made that thing is not the same group of people who actually uses it. Making things user-friendly is an intentional effort (which obviously Grineer lacks...)

This is a strangely realistic (though unintended) reflection of the real-world situations :)

I think a better question is: why does the grineer door do magnetic damage? S#&$ would be flying everywhere and they would get crushed if they walked though it, magnets dont work like a laser beam. lasers can be turned off quickly, but having mag doors running all the time would magnetize any metal near it and a field that strong would likely fry whatever is in the grineer's neural sensors.

they should be blast proccing like the corpus doors.

Think the door behavior as it is ok. It should apply its effects whatever to all those units applicable regardless of factions (yeah I know, our bullets don't hurt our squad mates...)

Why should Grinner have artificial immunity?

The REAL problem is making the Grineer AI SWITCH OFF THE DAMN DOOR SECURITY (at least temporarily) when they are trying to pass through. e.g. the orange thing actually switches off to allow Grineer to pass through, and later switch on again when they have done so.

Think the door behavior as it is ok. It should apply its effects whatever to all those units applicable regardless of factions (yeah I know, our bullets don't hurt our squad mates...)

Why should Grinner have artificial immunity?

The REAL problem is making the Grineer AI SWITCH OFF THE DAMN DOOR SECURITY (at least temporarily) when they are trying to pass through. e.g. the orange thing actually switches off to allow Grineer to pass through, and later switch on again when they have done so.

An off switch was not on the blue prints, and if joe grineer dies. Well they have 14 copies of him so no biggie..