Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember To Replace Volt As Starter Frame Option?

KidMemphis

The only reason loki was taken out was he has literally no direct damage moves. 

Loki was taken out as a starter 'cause he was, well, terrible as a starter. No direct damage and extremely squishy. That doesn't do well for newer players. 

...that and he's OP >.>

How on earth is volt OP in any sense?

He's one of the most balanced frame in game.

Loki was not a starter frame, Loki is very squish is very reliant on mods most new players won't have to be effective. Ember is a poor choice at starter frame as it's doesn't bring anything that isn't covered by the other 2. Excalibur is balanced, yet melee oriented frame, mag is the caster, while volt is the run and gunner.

Ember sounds perfect. Direct damage abilites, easier to learn. Besides Volt is for higher tier really, beefing up those crits and all.

Finally...someone with sense :D

Works for me.

Though honestly I find the starter choicess to be a bit of a sucker's choice.

1 excellent frame, 1 niche frame and Excalibur. :|

Hope you did your homework before starting the game.

#ExcalNeverForget

:'(

Why not both? Volt's a strong balance of melee and ranged and casting, Excal's got a heavy melee leaning, Mag's got a power leaning with a support side, so why not make a super-ranged caster frame with Ember? Her 1 allows for direct damage as well like to others, so it's perfect.

Why not both? Volt's a strong balance of melee and ranged and casting, Excal's got a heavy melee leaning, Mag's got a power leaning with a support side, so why not make a super-ranged caster frame with Ember? Her 1 allows for direct damage as well like to others, so it's perfect.

I like this. Four choices, all with their own purpose.

Mag, excalibur, and volt are starters because none of them are casters, giving players fair choice, they deal equal damage and have contrasting abilities, but I wouldn't want ember because shes a caster and that can mess up what new players should play as, reason why loki was removed.

The only real argument to replace volt in the starter lineup is his place as clantech (though this would be better rectified by removing him from clantech, and in the process, putting excal on an earlier boss). Loki wasn't removed for being "OP" He was removed for being horrible as a starting frame and lacking damage abilities, which their new tutorial required. It's their intent for all the frames to have endgame viability, even the starter frames, so "OP" isn't a reason to remove them from start lineup.

How on earth is volt OP in any sense?

He's one of the most balanced frame in game.

What I mean by saying Volt is OP is that he's OP for a beginner frame. According to a recent poll I ran, he's in the Top 5 most useful in the game:

http://strawpoll.me/4036256/r

...meaning I don't feel he should be handed out as a starter frame...even though he's basically handed out as clan tech anyway

Edited by KidMemphis

Makes perfect sense as Ember is arguably the least useful Warframe in the game:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/433947-poll-what-is-the-least-useful-warframe-in-your-opinion/

...and Volt is a bit too OP for starting players...kind of how Loki was too OP for starting players and DE rectified that

Only if you consider the very high tier void missions. Most of the game is not that.

Ember is actually one of my more used frames due to the ease that it can clear lower level missions with. E.g. it is the only frame that I find easy to use to solo those lower-level interception missions, as well as clearing those 30-40 level non void missions (including nightmare)

Just because it is not as suitable as others for dealing with high tier void tower does not mean that it is not useful.

In this aspect, Ember is a little "unbalanced", which I feel makes her a less suitable choice for starter. I still support Volt as a starter (not because he is better/worse, but because he is more balanced and can be used in all missions including void)

Someones getting their arse wooped by low MR volts in PVP maybe?

Volt's very good for a starter frame. Abilities for damage, survivability and movement speed. Excal is also a good frame to start with, but has a higher learning curve to survive due to no damage mitigation.

Mag is the one who should be swapped out. Too niche. I'd put Frosty Boy in there instead, especially now his Prime has been boxed up.

And Mag is obtainable early on as well. If a new player beelines for Saturn via Mars, which they should to farm Gallium, Nano Spores, Plastids and O Cells, then Mag is the first frame they will have parts for. Imagine finding the first second frame you can craft is the one you already have.

Not Ember. I'd leave her out for the same reason I'd take Mag out.

With Volt, Excal, and Frosty, you'd have starter frames that are from the two highest level planets and one hidden behind clan tech. All good fun frames that give a new player the kind of intro to the game that they need, with considerable play time required to get the others.