The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would It Be Better If Forma Was Additive ?

dashashou

having more than 4 polarity slots on some weapons reduces flexibility

serration/mutlishot are a must. thats already 2 Vs down. 

come to think of it, i can't think of a single build that doesn't use at least 3 Vs

elemental mods use a dash (the non-status ones), or metal auger can use the dash

thats 4 polarities, which doesn't really hinder your flexibility at all

Edited by J1ffyLub3

I only find it useful for the Frames (aura), not weapons. I still support the idea, because I don't see how it polarizing doubles in one polarity make any difference, it's not like, by polarizing, the weapons increase its base stats or anything other than allowing one of the two (not two in one) different polarity enabled in that one specific slot, which is very effective for auras and melee stance mods.

-snip- 
A universal polarity is probably a more elegant solution.

We can allow our friend Baro Ki'Teer to handle distribution, which could take the form of Primed Forma blueprints.

With respect to all of the aforementioned, it is my sincere belief that the current state of affairs is just fine and not presently in need of any fine tuning. 

a universal polarity /count-based solution ,  would i think be a player for the players solution - something designed to drastically reduce the grind , but it does seem a little too tinkerly and it does seem like something DE just wouldn't put in 

while this change to the forma mechanic I think seems fair , if a bit grindee , but you would only grind the extra polarity our of love for a frame / weapon not need really . 

Recently I've hit a polarity conflict on the volt  he doesn't witch from max ult , to max speeding all that well  and if it wasn't for his current / future augments i would forma him one more time 

I would just like the ability to level my weapon or warframe 50% faster with every single forma.

Because math, it would look like this:

0 Forma - Normal Affinity Gain

1F - 50% boost

2F- 75% boost

3F - 112.5% Boost

4F -  Capped at 150% (math would take it to 168.75%)

For a second I read it as "Would it be better if forma was addictive" to which I would reply, it already is.

*injects forma into arm*

On topic though, I like this. This would make the dreadful D POLARITY less dreadful, and make builds less frustrating.

A tempting idea.....at first I was going to say this is way to powerful to in anyways be fair but people do make a point. Forma were meant to help add mods we want to our Warframes allowing us to place whatever we want on our frames depending on the situation but currently we are forced to either re-Forma something if we want another build and rank back up or stick to something more linier rather then being more diverse.

1 Forma = more mods we can place on our Warframes/Weapons. But if we take this idea and give each slot 3+ Forma then thoses who work hard to build formas and work on their frame of choice can now evenchually after god knows how many forma make them work with any mod while still (because of thier being only so many mod slots) remaining fair.

Gatta say this would increase the need for forma and also allow more options while ironicly not overpowering people, it only gives the people who bothered to forma this many times more options not more power. This would really help out for everyone who complains when Warframes/Weapons are changed about how "They wasted their time on forma",

I say Warframe should at least try this out for themselfs just to see if their is any kinks or issue that us form people do not know about since again this idea is only on paper thus far.

Simple...but great thought.

PS: I heard someone saying "Universal Polarity slots" but this would only make the demand for Forma less and way to easy thus less time in order to "perfect" the perfect gun/frame and make something that should be end game content pointless.

Edited by Monybags33

As good as this sounds i dont see how it would work.

Remember the wrong polarity slot doubles the mod's capacity instead of halving, so it would be conflicting.

1. Using a mod in a slot that doesn't match the polarity of the mod increases the cost by 25%.

2. There is no conflict. Having the polarity of the mod match at least one of the polarities on the slot (resulting in a 50% decrease in mod cost) simply has higher priority than having the polarity of the mod not match at least one of the polarities on the slot (resulting in a 25% increase in mod cost).

As for the actual suggestion at hand, they should just release Forma Prime (or Primed Forma) blueprints that take 3-5 normal Forma to craft and call it a day. Perhaps limit the number of polarities per slot to 2 (because 3 is both unnecessary and silly).

And yes, there is an actual use for this because there do exist weapon builds that are mathematically exclusive of other builds (several of which are new due to Cryo Rounds now requiring 11 capacity).

EDIT: Also, I don't mind if DE doesn't ever implements this. I'm perfectly happy making a second copy of my weapon or frame.

Edited by Inarticulate

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely can think of gear I own that would benifit from this, both weapons and frames. And I would have to agree that adding a second polarity should require a higher cost, but same leveling time. Possibly a primed / prisma forma that requires a normal forma to craft, or multiple forma.

It would really help players by allowing them a greater variety when it comes to builds.

Hope we can get this sometime soon.

:D

We really don't need to be more powerful. :v

Until I can 1-shot a level 70 gunner with my rifle, take a few hits from a level 90 Bursa, and walk through Nullifier bubbles laughing with immunity, I am not powerful enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Until I can 1-shot a level 70 gunner with my rifle, take a few hits from a level 90 Bursa, and walk through Nullifier bubbles laughing with immunity, I am not powerful enough.

it's not really about power but utility  , and being able to use your favorite  frame  in conclave/  the solar map / archwing( i know it currently doesn't  interact with your current frame but it should again ) / the up coming sharkwing