Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

I have my fingers crossed for a Floor Plan mode that would allow an architect's magnum opus to be realized before building several rooms and finding out there was some sort of oversight, like collisions or misaligned doors.

since a cephalon was suggested, and several people I have seen have requested more management tools... why not put them together?

the cephalon could record contributions, cooldowns (the ascencion one that magically appeared in u20 unannounced), dojo related activity (blueprint purchases, trades made (only listing the clan members name), and perhaps general playtime of members over a given week)

I personally, would love to find out what the results of ranking up are on the new system, since I have yet to hear what happens aside from endo being gifted to you.....

On 4/7/2015 at 4:33 AM, Volzien said:

Getting rid of the parent/child room system in favor of a wayfinding system. allowing any room to be deleted as long as there are alternate routes.  

Yes. Please yes. Also, for those who don't know (because it's not made clear at all) rooms have a height requirement. (Ever try building an observatory under... well, anything?). It would be very helpful if there were an official dojo planner. That way you don't get halfway done before you learn your design won't work.

On 7.4.2015 at 11:33 AM, Volzien said:

Clans are also going to have ranks in the future, which will determine what kind of Enemy Cells you can go after. Activity within the Clan determines your rank: the more Cells you defeat, the more Structures you build, the more Research completed, etc. – all of these contribute to your clan’s Affinity, which will retroactively be added to your rank when this is implemented.

I have something in my mind that can be combined with this rank system.

What do you guys think off Clan buffs ?

Here is my idea:

1. 1 clan member (solo playing or random squad): no buff (or maybe a small benfit for being in a clan, like ... let's say +10% affinity)
  2. 2 clan member: survivor buff (+ 5-10% shield and health or +5-10% shield replenishing and health regeneration)
  3. 3 clan member: looter buff (+5-10% more drop chance for rare ressources)
  4. 4 clan member: brotherhood buff (+5-10% damage for all equipped weapons)

the "+5-10%" value could be scaled with the clan rank, value depends on how many ranks a clan could have.

these buffs are additive, so in a squad with 4 clan members all buffs are given.

the buffs could be permanent for the whole mission or could be given the mechanic of the Kavat's buff, for example: possible buff for 30 seconds each 60 seconds)

my personal idea behind this idea is that clan members should benefit from other clan members in a mission and maybe it's a good chance to make clans great again :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Put Navigations in Dojo and allow us to make squads and start missions from the dojo. That in and of itself is enough to get clans to hang out in their dojos which in turn will draw more clan members to want to decorate and improve the look of their dojo. We had record highs for members in the dojo while we were trying to figure out the Clan Ascension Altar (some thought 15 members had to be present all at once). and being able to walk up to members, shake their hand, do a little dance, then go off on missions would be Excellent. Remote foundry access, Arsenal selection, and codex/market access would all be nice; but take a back seat to Navigations in the Dojos.

1 hour ago, RICK_BO said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Put Navigations in Dojo and allow us to make squads and start missions from the dojo. That in and of itself is enough to get clans to hang out in their dojos which in turn will draw more clan members to want to decorate and improve the look of their dojo. We had record highs for members in the dojo while we were trying to figure out the Clan Ascension Altar (some thought 15 members had to be present all at once). and being able to walk up to members, shake their hand, do a little dance, then go off on missions would be Excellent. Remote foundry access, Arsenal selection, and codex/market access would all be nice; but take a back seat to Navigations in the Dojos.

I think this change is coming, now that the dojo is hosted by the game and not by player ... not to mention the interface of the clan where you can see other squads open, the photo has been changed to the navigation hall of the relay

Status for 20K views archievement:(95%) progress

Incredible but i must admit that there has been some changes in the dojo, i have seen the aesthetic from the hallways looks good, just 1 thing about the duel system they need to fix, as you clan lords or members experienced it, besides from that keep it up with the feedbacks about how happy or unfeeling well about that it needs some changes, conformism is not a good thing.

As always, i'm giving my feedback.

Remember:

Tenno_Mesaageminv3.jpg

s_a_gp.gif

The comming Kingpin-System is a good Thing, but maybe Clans should get Mission-requests from random Groups that are not syndicate related or the warlord can create/generate a Mission for the other members. If we could interact with small villages/ factions and have them Support the clan, like in form of them patrolling the dojo, it would make it feel more alive, There are thousands or millions of People out there and we meet so few.

sorry for "random" capitalisation.. my Laptop does that if it thinks the word is a noun.. and I am too lazy to correct it

On 7/4/2015 at 6:33 AM, Volzien said:

Obstacle course times for clan members no longer resets, unless a member with a score on the board leaves the clan then it re ranks the board accordingly.

Please don't this would ruin us, we use the obstacle course as a weekly event, if this doens't reset that option will be over for us. Make an option so that the overlord can decide either to reset or not.

EDIT: Also add the message board idea as a decoration, i would love to be able to place that were ever we want and not just the HoH.

Fix the new Dojo Hosting System, it's very much laggy, warframes are literally walking on walls.

It would be nice if we give some useless rooms a use, for example Barraks I love the idea of making them upgradable and I love the idea of being able to access arsenal from Dojo, what if we had Arsenal stations at the Barraks, it only makes sense! I mean the Tenno are in there, when they get out they need a warframe.

The main problem right now is that Dojos don't have anyone in them, they are supposed to be a community meeting place, but we need a reason to meet there, the ability of launching missions from there would fix this and would make it a lot more fun! Also what about being able to add NPCs to the Dojo? Cephalons? People? Clem?

(I think thats all for now)

Edited by Loobiz
Adding stuff.

There's actually space to the side the global leaderboard to add another leaderboard. So you can have a long-standing leaderboard and one that resets weekly.

The message board idea should have been a decorative idea, I'll go and re-edit it.

Well the dojo code has been replaced with the relay code and not a lot of the animations get shown to cut down on server load so that's probably what you're seeing. 

I actually had an idea for a cephalon that would replace the oracle room in the OP but I agree dojos need some kind of life to them.

9 hours ago, Loobiz said:

Please don't this would ruin us, we use the obstacle course as a weekly event, if this doens't reset that option will be over for us. Make an option so that the overlord can decide either to reset or not.

EDIT: Also add the message board idea as a decoration, i would love to be able to place that were ever we want and not just the HoH.

Fix the new Dojo Hosting System, it's very much laggy, warframes are literally walking on walls.

It would be nice if we give some useless rooms a use, for example Barraks I love the idea of making them upgradable and I love the idea of being able to access arsenal from Dojo, what if we had Arsenal stations at the Barraks, it only makes sense! I mean the Tenno are in there, when they get out they need a warframe.

The main problem right now is that Dojos don't have anyone in them, they are supposed to be a community meeting place, but we need a reason to meet there, the ability of launching missions from there would fix this and would make it a lot more fun! Also what about being able to add NPCs to the Dojo? Cephalons? People? Clem?

I think a lot of people want more "life" to our dojo's!  Having craftable NPC's/Warframes would be a great idea that could either stand, sit, "scout" or walk in a predetermined path would bring more life to our dojo's! :D

Yes but I'm not just talking about NPCs to fill the place I'm also talking about NPCs that have some meaning to the Clan, maybe a character you rescue from one of the future clan missions, maybe a trader you hired after you proved you are able to acquiere valuable and accient artifacts, maybe a simply tool to create our own NPCs similar to the way we customaze our Tenno, giving them a Name a Voice some cosmetic choices and a role in the Dojo like security chief or gardener or a scientist for the labs options are infinite!

On 27/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, Partyclothes said:

I have my fingers crossed for a Floor Plan mode that would allow an architect's magnum opus to be realized before building several rooms and finding out there was some sort of oversight, like collisions or misaligned doors.

They actually said during a devstream that they are working on it but they were having some problems trying to show the 3D model of it, it will be the same as the 3D map they were working on.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, Loobiz said:

Then make it a manual reset for it, so warlord or designated person can reset it.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:09 PM, Loobiz said:

Yes but I'm not just talking about NPCs to fill the place I'm also talking about NPCs that have some meaning to the Clan, maybe a character you rescue from one of the future clan missions, maybe a trader you hired after you proved you are able to acquiere valuable and accient artifacts, maybe a simply tool to create our own NPCs similar to the way we customaze our Tenno, giving them a Name a Voice some cosmetic choices and a role in the Dojo like security chief or gardener or a scientist for the labs options are infinite!

LETS MAKE THE CEPHALON HAVE A BODY AND BE ABLE TO GO AROUND THE DOJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHA!

On 18/2/2017 at 3:38 AM, JohnCarraway said:

Yas ,that looks great.

But i don't really liked the new idea of "ranking" the clans.

Thats probably part of a new system they're developing (hopefully and fingers crossed)

AS FOR MY OWN CONTRIBUTION

CLAN AUCTION

Let clans interact and make some commerce between them. (We gonna start to know eachother better) Clan Auction maybe.

I've read many people complaining about the lack of ability to properly manage the clan. My suggestions for this having in mind that DE needs to keep their jobs.

WAR ROOM AND KING PIN SYSTEM

1. A poll system with time expiring to set some rewards or even cell to be chosen.

2. Special reward for member with most contribution in the war room. Also for second and third most contribution.

3. NEW CURRENCY, After completing the cell the clan will recieve a certain amount of Medals (name of new currency) that may be used in a special clan market to buy clan stuff as buffs, clan sydanas, dojo colours, dojo decorations, weapons BP. Or being able to trade it for clan plat so warlord can buy prime stuff iin auction system for rewards.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:22 PM, DTMob said:

They actually said during a devstream that they are working on it but they were having some problems trying to show the 3D model of it, it will be the same as the 3D map they were working on.

Does anyone know which devstream so I can review?

Status for 20K views archievement:(%) Done!

Hit the check mark! @Volzien

Thanks to all supporters, we acquired that number because you worry about it, we know that currently dojos need overhaul, instead of deciding to conform with it, we’re still with that feel that something it isn't right, so you’re here that you really want some changes on it, for the best of your clan and for some overlords too, some changes has been done and give us the way for looking over it, keep up the motivation and determination, cheers.

Soon...: 50k views achievement.

Edited by Agente_GentlePhoenix

I REALLY feel there needs to be an update JUST for the dojo. Not the syndicate update. An update that will add a LOT more utility to our dojos. We should feel like we rely on our dojos a little more than a means to research weapons and trade. It needs to be more. And I for one feel cheated by this lack of attention from DE.

My BIGGEST complaint with Warframe (as it is now, since I'm MR22, and really don't have much left to do in the game besides the raids, and something that isn't just grinding away at some menial thing) is that the Dojo is so underutilized. I just don't like the idea of living out of my CAR (Liset). The Dojo is a place where Tenno go to train, research better things, bond with their Clan mates in a community built specifically for them, BY them. It is a HOME. Why does it feel like just some other place I should go to? Why can I launch missions from the relays, and (after unlocking the Simulacrum) test out my equipment and play with my load outs, but not in my own home? You don't go to Walmart to play your Xbox or PC. You don't go to Chucky Cheese's to take a nap. You do these things at HOME.

The Observatory is an EXCELLENT example of the Command Center in the relays, and can be used to launch your missions from your dojo. You should be able to START YOUR GAME in a Dojo (If you logged out in the Dojo, you should wake up there). Same if you were in your craft. There should be a room (or decoration) that you can create (like a garden) that allows Tenno to change their load outs so they can try new speed combos to beat the highest time on the course, challenge Clan mates and visitors in the dueling arena, and prepare for the next mission all without having to wait through the loading screen to get to your Craft. Instead, our only option is to go back out to the car, change cloths, then go back into the house to play some games. Then you go back out to the car.

It doesn't make any sense to me, and I feel DE is wasting resources NOT having these things available in the Dojos. And the Tenno of this universe are wasting their resources building them without more reason than to research and trade. Why even have a dojo at all? You could do all of your research from your craft, since that seems to be the only real thing that the Dojo is needed for. Trading? That’s why they have Maroo's Bazaar. It boggles my mind as to how DE has neglected the dojo, when they put such weight into their necessity (It's the ONLY way to get Frames, Archwings, and weapons without spending Platinum on them).

I am a firm believer that he Dojo should have more capabilities than a Relay. After all, we are spending our hard earned resources, our Forma, our credits, and our Platinum to make these things as awesome as we can. Why are our choices so limited? Why do we only have one course? Why don't we have a Holo Deck: an arena that we can use to practice missions in? It can work similarly to the Simulacrum in which it loads a separate game up (its own little world) in which we can set some parameters (enemy faction, level of mission, no alarms or you fail, Nightmare modes, etc.) and run a mission. How about a Time trial course that requires you to eliminate targets as well? They already have these systems in place. They call them Mastery Rank Trials! There are some many things the Dojos SHOULD do but don't! Hell, I’d shell out platinum to BUY these rooms and add-ons!

I understand that there are players that are not in/do not want to be in a Clan. The relay is a great place for them to do these things and still get a feeling of community. But the Tenno that have built these communities, spending a lot of their own resources (look at all the lost Forma!) for others to come and feel a part of something (I am the Clan Leader for Blademasters of the Bur, an XBOne clan), or even for a place for actual families to be able to hang out in a virtual space (like my family does), the Dojo needs to be that. It needs to have more functions.

Edited by SadadBelbanes
Updated post