The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Gore Makes Combat Boring

Sanguion

Not sure if I would still play the game after that.

Many games base their whole appeal off of such violence.

Is it really all that needed? I think as I've aged I no longer feel attached to such brutality and violence.

Most of those games may lack in gore, but make up for it brutality. COD especially has had player burn POW, torture at your own hand, and machine gun down crowds of civilians. 

Having a degree of gore is not in of itself bad. Having sparkles fly off people you shoot or slash can be. It takes away any representation or acknowledgement of the consequences of violence. Gore is a result of violence. It can be both cool and horrifying, and mature people can see both things at once. Taking that away just denies the consequences of violent actions and makes killing seem clean and simple.

Warframe doesn't need over the top gore, but more gore would be better representatively to the amount of damage the Tenno inflict. The occasional, and often nonsensical, bisection excepted.

And if you're turning to video game as a realistic look at consequences of violence then there are other things you should be considering. You can see the consequences of violence all around us. Turn on the news and you will see those consequences glaring at you.

If video games are an escape from reality why would I want to see it here? That gif of the corpus holding the stump of whats left of his leg? How can anyone find that enjoyable? Seriously disturbing even if it's just pixels how can you not empathize with suffering?

The gore would just increase the pc requirements to run the game, create more lag, and be a gigantic waste of time to have people in the art department actually create. Then like anything that's superfluous that gets added into this game, it creates bugs. Ones annoying enough for people to come here and rage about.

Besides, the game is fun enough to play on it's own, I don't have to fulfill a childish gore quota to enjoy myself. The enemies are chopped in half and ragdolled hilariously already, we really don't need anything else.

I would like more gore, yes. I remember when it was gorier and I find it strange that it is no longer present. More blood and dismemberment would be nice considering all the slicing and dicing I do. There is such a thing as excessive gore but I would like a reasonable, "realistic" amount for better immersion.

If they instituted such violence I would only use weapons that were instant kill. At least that way it would as painless as possible. I don't play Warframe for any realistic look at combat. I at it because I'm a ninja.

1.) Ninja's where merciless mercenaries that butchered their opponents with equipment not made for fighting. Making it harder to kill someone making it even more brutal.

2.) To your other post, violence only has effect on kids because their mind is still developing. The most video game gore can do is take away the shock value. Though people will always be disgusted by real life gore. If we are murdering thousands of victims no matter how much gore their is, if you think about it even without the gore this game is horribly violent. People want the gore to emphasize the effect. :/

The gore would just increase the pc requirements to run the game, create more lag, and be a gigantic waste of time to have people in the art department actually create. Then like anything that's superfluous that gets added into this game, it creates bugs. Ones annoying enough for people to come here and rage about.

Besides, the game is fun enough to play on it's own, I don't have to fulfill a childish gore quota to enjoy myself. The enemies are chopped in half and ragdolled hilariously already, we really don't need anything else

Edit: @LordMotive

They could make it optional, also its not a waste of time whatsoever, some people enjoy the violence it gives them satisfaction increasing the realism. When you cut someone in half their guts spill out, they don't get Starwars cut. We are not using million degrees swords of death. :/ 

Also the childish quota your talking about, people want satisfaction for killing thousands of enemies. Its boring and unrealistic for a bunch of corpses to sit on the floor with 0 blood. I am surprised this game even has a M rating, it has next to no blood to it (that splatter of blood is laughably censored).

The least the DE could do is have splatter effect so we can atleast see the blood on the floor and walls. That's the very least they can do. I don't really care about gore, but anything to make killing more satisfying would be nice. It would feel good for a satisifying crunch when you hit a greneer Maniac with a Jat Kittag.

Or to rip off body parts with boltor instead of them sticking in them with NO BLEEDING.Slash is the most brutal effect in the game but its just looping the blood spatter effect. That's pathetic.

Edited by Feallike

They could make it optional, also its not a waste of time whatsoever, some people enjoy the violence it gives them satisfaction increasing the realism. When you cut someone in half their guts spill out, they don't get Starwars cut. We are not using million degrees swords of death. :/ 

Pretty sure most computers couldn't handle that, especially with the number of enemies we have.

We already have these:

lhTHdjY.jpg

mzKH9dg.jpg

jhK1ePI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wf8mlTQ.jpg

We just need to improve them. If you notice, they look kind of weird because there's no blood spatter. Fixing that would make everything look a lot better.

Edited by vaugahn

Besides, the game is fun enough to play on it's own, I don't have to fulfill a childish gore quota to enjoy myself. The enemies are chopped in half and ragdolled hilariously already, we really don't need anything else.

Gore is optional already. If your computer can't handle it, or if you don't like it, turn it off. You not wanting gore is not a reason for the rest of us to suffer the boredom. Also, I disagree that gore is childish. There are a great many adults playing this game such as me and all of my friends. Gore simply makes the game more enjoyable for us. If you don't believe gore is something desired by people, just take a look at Killing Floor 2. One of the most publicized features of that game is the gore system. Killing Floor is a horde mode game much like Warframe. Killing hundred upon hundreds of baddies is just not as fun without gore to keep it fresh, and the KF2 devs know it. DE should learn that too.

Gore is optional already. If your computer can't handle it, or if you don't like it, turn it off. You not wanting gore is not a reason for the rest of us to suffer the boredom. Also, I disagree that gore is childish. There are a great many adults playing this game such as me and all of my friends. Gore simply makes the game more enjoyable for us. If you don't believe gore is something desired by people, just take a look at Killing Floor 2. One of the most publicized features of that game is the gore system. Killing Floor is a horde mode game much like Warframe. Killing hundred upon hundreds of baddies is just not as fun without gore to keep it fresh, and the KF2 devs know it. DE should learn that too.

I agree it should be optional, and should have performance considerations. I would not however have DE waste time taking it to Killing Floor levels of gore. Just, back to what they had would be sufficient. That strikes the right balance in my opinion, without distracting from the core themes of the game, to which gore is only an element, not a feature.

Any weapon with an IPS where slash can be brought into the plurality with a slash damage mod can cause enemies to gore on death.  Punch-through mods further increase the chances it seems.  Some weapons, like the AKJagara, Dread, and Braton Prime gore enemies by default.  Note - not all weapons with a plurality of slash damage will gore enemies, just some.  Weapons like the AKMagnus, AKStiletto, Karak and Grakata can gore enemies with the Maim/Fanged Fusillade mods.  In the Twin Gremlin, Vasto and Braton's/Hind's/Soma's case, Razor Shot and Sawtooth Clip will be enough.  

Unless the weapon has a high status chance I can't recommend wasting a mod slot on slash damage in high level void... but for everywhere else, it gets the job done with painting the walls red.

Edited by Littleman88

imo theres enough gore i dont need more particles and stuff in my face coz theres already enough

And this is one of the reasons why we keep getting poor quality effects which aren't toggleable at all. Great.

No, there isn't enough, not at all. Not enough gore and not enough quality or particles.

Edited by Naith

And this is one of the reasons why we keep getting poor quality effects which aren't toggleable at all. Great.

No, there isn't enough, not at all. Not enough gore and not enough quality or particles.

When I first started playing I really did notice that. Abilities weren't as flashy as I assumed they would be. Thankfully the update that unlocked particles on GPUs other than Nvidia improved it a bit for me, but I still want a crapton more effects, gore and otherwise.

I could go back and read the guidelines, but doesn't it make sense to vet a topic before submitting it to feedback? Maybe the discussion is the relevance of gore and value of it. Then decide if that is something that should be posted as feedback that the community recommend dev's look at.