Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Timers Should Not Exist For Solo Players

SilverZs

The AFK rules do nothing to stop botters. Wiggle left and right...ooooooooooh so hard to do. They already have macros going to bot with, why does DE think that making their bot wiggle a bit is so hard?

The AFK rules have done nothing to stop botters, but have done everything to hurt legit players. GG

Edited by Dornez

The reason the Afk timer is to prevent exploits it has nothing to do with having a party member that isn't contributing. Due to that solo would not need any different rules.

What kind of exploits?

I've been trying to come up with something a solo player could do that is killed by the AFK timer in an endless mission type and I'm not coming up with anything.

But right now, it does need it's own rules.  If said solo player goes AFK for whatever reason, when they come back, they've lost everything they've worked for.

DE doesn't want people standing around to gain energy and they don't want people botting. that's how the AFK timer was born. sorry, no story about magic and unicorns this time...

i do however, see no need for the AFK timer in general. it's just hurting actual players more than it's medicating the problem...a vote to kick would solve AFK people problem and botters...i got nothing. you can program a bot to do just about anything. 

Cute.

But wrong.

You can solo and still be on the public setting, the fact that you're solo just means that no one else is on that node with you.  You can also start out solo and end with two or more teammates.

My point was that your title did not explain everything, resorting to petty insults doesn't change the fact that it didn't.

Why would you even solo on anything but the solo setting?

Why would you even solo on anything but the solo setting?

In case you want random adds? 

An example; I solo'd the majority of the solar system but I was set to public matchmaking the entire time.  Due to the time and locations I was playing, it didn't have very much traffic and by having it set to public, not only gave me the option of getting random adds but it also helped the few other players that dropped in under-equipped by having me in there.

Not everyone defines solo play by the matchmaking feature.

Edited by Noamuth

I don't see why it would be on for solo play, or how it would be applicable, unless there's some exploit I don't know about which brings back the "old" days where people could solo defenses with their sentinel by launching a mission, walking away for 30 minutes, and coming back with loot.

+1

Also, dunno if this was pointed out already, but why would they even LET SOLO PLAYERS PAUSE THE GAME if they still give them a goddamn afk timer?

The two features seem mutually exclusive and don't belong together. Seriously, Sesame Street could figure this one out. They even have a song for it.

Not gonna happen. Why? Because AFK timer targets farmers and not leechers. Their main goal while implementing this was making it impossible to start a toogle ability and get a lot of by allowing it to go on for long time. It sucks and hits a lot more people than it should, but we're probably stuck with it caus DE hates it when people actually get stuff.

"Solo" as in "setting matchmaking to Solo Only, which is the last option underneath Public, Friends only, and Clan only"

There, that should clear up the confusion

Honestly, I'm surprised Solo Only doesn't just have a flat-out pause button, so I don't get ganked by Stalker until after I'm done taking an emergency leak

Well why discuss what is solo and what is not? 

Solo can be paused, so theres no need to worry about AFK timers. 

pause menu is pretty big.

Sometimes I just like to look at the pretty world.....

I should be able to right?

Personly I think of solo as a player being intentionally alone with no one being able to join and make it into not solo, so like other guy said alone and solo are diffent, similar but different. And yes solo does not need afk timer I mean u can even pause game in solo and cant invite ppl into a limited time alert if its in solo so it really doesnt need a kick time.

Not gonna happen. Why? Because AFK timer targets farmers and not leechers. Their main goal while implementing this was making it impossible to start a toogle ability and get a lot of by allowing it to go on for long time. It sucks and hits a lot more people than it should, but we're probably stuck with it caus DE hates it when people actually get stuff.

afk farming tactics tend to need at least one not afk person for energy refilling. So doesnt aply to solo. Or well shouldnt.

Edited by RXZ71

I agree; I play solo a lot would be really neat if I had the time to go to the bathroom if its an emergency

If it's on solo mode then can't you just press esc and pause the game? That's what I do all the time.

This solution has already been brought up.

• 1 month later...