Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happens When You Actually Put Together All The Current Lore In Warframe?

HillsAndTheSea

Only because Boba Fett wears an old Republic jedi combat suit doesn't make him a jedi, right? The same way wearing a Warframe doesn't make Stalker a Tenno, especially as he refers himself of being of the low Guard, not one of the Tenno he watched from the shadows doing atrocities to his Orokin emperors.

But until any of this is stated by the devs as being 'the Truth' of the story, everything is just lovely speculation.

And very fun as such! :D 

Only because Boba Fett wears an old Republic jedi combat suit doesn't make him a jedi, right? The same way wearing a Warframe doesn't make Stalker a Tenno, especially as he refers himself of being of the low Guard, not one of the Tenno he watched from the shadows doing atrocities to his Orokin emperors.

But until any of this is stated by the devs as being 'the Truth' of the story, everything is just lovely speculation.

And very fun as such! :D 

Oh man, I am going to roll out some serious geek cred here, but the Mandallorain armor Boba Fett wears is from his father. I presume his father was an ex-Mandallorian soldier turned bounty hunter, and mercenary. He was selected to be the basis for the clone army, and they based the Republics combat armor off of it. As far as canon goes the armor may have no connection to the Jedi at all, depending on what expanded lore you count or don't. 

I do not consider myself an expert her so, someone else may have to clarify.

Having said that, your point may stand.

I'm sorry, but you pulling this out of your butt.

90% of the stuff we speculate is pulled out of our butts.

We still don't know a whole lot about the nature of Tenno, the Old War or the Orokin in general, so the little lore we have, the cues and implications we get from the odd dialogue, what people wear, how they speak, context etc. etc. we savor and deduce upon a great deal. You saying that the Stalker is a rogue Tenno, or someone else saying he is not a Tenno, but with an aptitude for Warframe technology both have their own merits.

As far as we know, Warframes never even existed before the Orokin discovered the Tenno, and from the Excalibur codex, we know that they built Warframes around the twisted few that came back from the Void - the Tenno. This further on implies that Warframes are specifically built to be used by Tenno. But this doesn't exclusively close non-Tenno from being able to operate one. Mesa in Patient Zero and Chroma in The New Strange were both controlled by someone other than a Tenno. They could use powers and operate normally, which further implies that the powers themselves are contained in the Warframe, with the void powers of the Tenno entering the Warframe supercharging them to a degree. Stalker has had several thousand years of time to figure out how Warframes work, and it's a very feasible scenario that he was able to modify one for his own use.

We don't know a huge deal about Warframes nor Tenno, even less so about Stalker; insisting that one conclusion or another is the absolute truth is a pointless endeavor at this current point in time. I'm just going to wait and see what is revealed in the future, the Lancer synthesis findings already led to new discoveries, so I'm keeping my hopes up we'll know about the Old War and Orokin reign soon.

We still don't know a whole lot about the nature of Tenno, the Old War or the Orokin in general, so the little lore we have, the cues and implications we get from the odd dialogue, what people wear, how they speak, context etc. etc. we savor and deduce upon a great deal. You saying that the Stalker is a rogue Tenno, or someone else saying he is not a Tenno, but with an aptitude for Warframe technology both have their own merits.

As far as we know, Warframes never even existed before the Orokin discovered the Tenno, and from the Excalibur codex, we know that they built Warframes around the twisted few that came back from the Void - the Tenno. This further on implies that Warframes are specifically built to be used by Tenno. But this doesn't exclusively close non-Tenno from being able to operate one. Mesa in Patient Zero and Chroma in The New Strange were both controlled by someone other than a Tenno. They could use powers and operate normally, which further implies that the powers themselves are contained in the Warframe, with the void powers of the Tenno entering the Warframe supercharging them to a degree. Stalker has had several thousand years of time to figure out how Warframes work, and it's a very feasible scenario that he was able to modify one for his own use.

We don't know a huge deal about Warframes nor Tenno, even less so about Stalker; insisting that one conclusion or another is the absolute truth is a pointless endeavor at this current point in time. I'm just going to wait and see what is revealed in the future, the Lancer synthesis findings already led to new discoveries, so I'm keeping my hopes up we'll know about the Old War and Orokin reign soon.

i cant wait till that fusion moa is synthesized

it uses the same laser that the orokin ships do

or maybe oxium ospreys?so we can find out about that?

That doesn't change the fact that the quarantine that was broken wasn't an infested quarantine, nor were the children infested. If they were infested, they would not have been described as being "scared". They would've been "mad/crazy". The thing that was special about the Zariman kids once they returned from the Void, the thing that resulted in Kaleen getting burned, was that they were twisted by the Void. The quarantine was obviously one they established for the Zariman. Kaleen broke that quarantine by returning to the ship, which she wasn't supposed to do. There was no infestation in the void at that point, nor does it come from the Void. They did not go to the Void and get infested. 

Guest Caderyn

What I want to know is how Hayden Tenno factors into all of this.

Hayden Tenno's time is meant to be far before the Orokin era, in Dark Sector he is infected by an early strain of the technocyte virus and survives it. If you read the lore on Dark Sector, and the discussion section on the Warframe Wiki, you'll see that it is a long time after Hayden Tenno's time that the "Old War" takes place.

And then after this war, the human race splintered into different factions and colonies eventually becoming the Corpus and Grineer. Corpus worshipping the Orokin as gods because of their technological superiority. The Grineer begin to clone each other and themselves to create vast armies in order to take control, which leads to a lack of genetic diversity, which is why they are disfigured creatures.

HillsAndTheSea this is a very good synopsis of the lore, and I thank you for it. The story is really really dark at its core, and I love that. I would like it if it was a little less vague, but it is difficult to give this level of backstory when most of the lore is from long before the game starts. The one thing I'm still not sure of, were the Tenno human children or Orokin children sent to the void?

You're assuming quite a lot of things.

Show me an enemy that is not a tenno that happens to wear a warframe, better yet, show me any npc that does.

So because he fought for the orokin and was from the same time we assume he can 'pilot a warframe'? that's like saying any soldier in a uniform can pilot a plane, which is of course quite wrong.

And a tenno's power originates from the void, the warframes just channel it.

Infested Mesa and Sentient-controlled Chroma, Neither had a Tenno present inside the Warframe.

That doesn't change the fact that the quarantine that was broken wasn't an infested quarantine, nor were the children infested. If they were infested, they would not have been described as being "scared". They would've been "mad/crazy". The thing that was special about the Zariman kids once they returned from the Void, the thing that resulted in Kaleen getting burned, was that they were twisted by the Void. The quarantine was obviously one they established for the Zariman. Kaleen broke that quarantine by returning to the ship, which she wasn't supposed to do. There was no infestation in the void at that point, nor does it come from the Void. They did not go to the Void and get infested. 

That wasn't the point what I was trying to argue at all. Did you even read the post?

I'm pretty sure you can fire a rifle, that does not make you a sniper.

And define 'tenno'. 

Here, let me: "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend."

Interesting point here:

"These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury"

This connects the notion of being "Tenno" to being "cast in steel and fury" A lot of people connect technocyte infection from Hayden to the Orokin-era Tenno but IMHO it's the Warframe that does it. It's the fact that the Orokin created suits that echoed the suit of a long-dead old-earth hero, now passed into legend. Nothing to do with Hayden's fight against his infection but the fact they were using these suits.

Edited by SilentMobius

Well put together, although I am still trying to figure out how do Tenno follow orders if they cannot speak or even understand any language?

Lotus, Vor, Sargas Ruk even Alad V had some kind of interaction with Tenno, but from some lore perspective how can they follow orders if they do not understand a single word.

I've seen how they are all connected, and I've commented on such already.

i will just take the dialogue and explain it to you, since you dont seem to be capable of it.

the following is from the ember prime codex:

Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' 'We began to find children hiding in the ship."

the following is from the rhino prime codex:

I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.

considering the narrator says he has expirence with the type of creature rhino is, it is impossible for him to be referring to the fact he returned from the void, since the children from the zariman are the first to do such.

the narrator has experimented on many infested before,  but he had never seen one with behavior of a child, children are much less inhibited by adults and that is what gives protorhino his sense of freedom

i am not "pulling things from my butt" i am simply reading the text properly.

i will just take the dialogue and explain it to you, since you dont seem to be capable of it.

'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' 'We began to find children hiding in the ship."

I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.

considering the narrator says he has expirence with the type of creature rhino is, it is impossible for him to be referring to the fact he returned from the void, since the children from the zariman are the first to do such.

the narrator has experimented on many infested before,  but he had never seen one with behavior of a child, children are much less inhibited by adults and that is what gives protorhino his sense of freedom

that's your interpretation, and it may be correct. 

in fact, i tend to agree with you.

but given the ambiguity of the current available lore, there is plenty of room for other interpretations or disagreements.

... That thing was NOT acting like a child. It was acting like a wild animal with a side of revenge thrown in. You're REALLY stretching it by saying that it's a child because he's never seen it "free", it's "free" because it's "without the shield, without restraints" that kept him and it separated. It was LITERALLY tied down before this, whenever the narrator was experimenting on it and its kind, and this is the first time he's encountered it with no safety precautions in place.

Edited by Morec0

...and it acts exactly like the creatures in Dark Sector and the infested we know in Warframe.

It acts that way until it encounters the Zariman children (or what's left of them). Then it gains agency, presumably from being dominated by the consciousness of the children who returned from the Void.

Has anyone ever linked the pods we protect in defense missions there is a bold unisex person inside it.

Presumably these are Tenno without Warframes, as to why they're all the same model it's the same reason all Corpus crewmen or Syndicate operatives (of the same sex) have the same face: a representative model to demonstrate what we're defending/working/killing with.

That wasn't the point what I was trying to argue at all. Did you even read the post?

I know your point, but the point of my post is that it still doesn't change that there is very little chance that it was talking about an Infestation (what I was saying in the post you responded to).

... That thing was NOT acting like a child. It was acting like a wild animal with a side of revenge thrown in. You're REALLY stretching it by saying that it's a child because he's never seen it "free", it's "free" because it's "without the shield, without restraints" that kept him and it separated. It was LITERALLY tied down before this, whenever the narrator was experimenting on it and its kind, and this is the first time he's encountered it with no safety precautions in place.

I certainly believe some time passed between the Void Era and the Orokin-Sentient war, and that the Tenno were adults then but that the Technocyte was what made them act like wild animals, but like wild animals that retained their humanity - the Rhino's self-recognition at the end, which the Infested would not do.

let me leave the following lines from the rhino prime codex entry for you to read.

The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence

he turns back to the beast now silent and calm

"without violence"

"silent and calm"

your argument is invalid.

proto-rhino is basically a kid running around like a chicken with its head cut off, since he just returned from a living prison (zariman in the void) and was taken to an unknown place with strange people, and he has no idea what his happening to his body, hence him just staring at his hands, he is more than likely thinking "what in the world happened to me, what happened to us?"

Nice topic. But before judge Orokin, let's think about it: they did it for survival of the entire race, those kids included. What's better? To continue to live, but mutated thanks to the Techocyte virus, or to completely die?

It's not a matter of power. The Orokin were just forced to act like that.