Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Did A Syndicate Mission Today, It Was... Unusual

(XBOX)Grihaly

I'm looking at my syndicate missions, seeing what I can do to max out Steel, I see a mobile defense on Mars. I get my defense loadout, and start the mission. First oddity: Mars has the Phobos tileset. Maybe it's a bug with the alert, probably supposed to be on Phobos to begin with. Everything is normal, I'm killing Grineer, making my way to the first objective. I pop in the datamass, and I see a Moa... On Phobos, or was it Mars? Now I'm confused. Then a nullifier, then two equal sized forces of Grineer and Corpus fighting each other while I watch the battle, and have a hella easy time defending the terminal.

So to sum up that mission: It was basically a mobile defense Crossfire on Mars, with the Phobos tileset.... WAT?

What youve seen is a relic of old days combined with recent changes, so Mars and Phobos kinda share the same tilesets, and it was considered a  slightly uncommon thing pre U-10 for missions to have two fractions fighting, either making it very easy for the player or having most of the match fighting a suprise fraction.

I think it was supposed to me Mars, but the tile sets bugged out.

As far as I can tell, the nodes on Mars have a much higher chance for the opposite faction to invade the area. Seeing that Mars is the only planet with crossfire missions, it kind of makes sense.

Phobos is also a moon that belongs to Mars.

Phobos is also a moon that belongs to Mars.

I know that, but the two are still considered entirely different in-game, and Mars uses the corpus ship and outpost tile sets. If the OP was playing the Phobos tile set, when he started a mission on mars, then the tile set bugged out, regardless of the fact that Phobos is a Martian Moon.

I know that, but the two are still considered entirely different in-game, and Mars uses the corpus ship and outpost tile sets. If the OP was playing the Phobos tile set, when he started a mission on mars, then the tile set bugged out, regardless of the fact that Phobos is a Martian Moon.

Yes but they are near each other.

So it might make sense.

Since the gravidus dilemma, Mars has technically been in conflict between the Grineer and the Corpus.  I'm guess the crossfire game type is just further emphasizing this, while also sort of playing on the fact that the Phobos tileset looks far more appropriate as part of the martian surface, and the big object in the sky is actually Phobos, instead of Deimos.

yeah those croosfire mission can happend any where. On a non-syndicate mission on ceres i got a war waging by the 3 faction :infested, greneer and corpus. i was unable to take screen shot of it since it crash my game. It was glorious for the time it went on

lol, it is supposed to be like that. The corpus and grineer control mars. 

"Mars is a planet where the Corpus and the Grineer are both controlling factions."

thats make sense. mars is near the grineer home planet that we all know very well.

so yeah. the grineer pissed off.

Edited by agunlogisteam

I had a weirder experience. Went in on a Suda mobile defense, joined a squad mid game. found a medallion and picked it up and it was a Loka seed. I pointed out the bug and people said "well uhm it's a Loka mission"

I'm not in Loka. has this happened to anyone else?

I had a weirder experience. Went in on a Suda mobile defense, joined a squad mid game. found a medallion and picked it up and it was a Loka seed. I pointed out the bug and people said "well uhm it's a Loka mission"

I'm not in Loka. has this happened to anyone else?